Why is the response level so low on CCF? - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > General > General Discussion

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
stilo

Default Why is the response level so low on CCF?

I was wondering why the overall level of responses is so low on this forum? The statistics say that ten people are reading this section of the forum right now, but there were just two topics were opened yesterday. Just like the day before yesterday... Most comments and posts are still mady by Martin Krpan and a bunch of other supporters of this forum. Discussions are very slow and most topics consist of fotos publishes my Martin. And talking of his work here - you do a great job, Martin! Without your effort, this forum would be less intresting.

Just wanted to ask openly, why the response level is so low. My intention was not to offense anyone and i picked my words advisedly. So, guys, what are your ideas on this?!
stilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
CCF mod

Thanks stilo.

Unfortunately the truth is there is not much happening at forum lately. There are not not many active members right now. If you scroll down and check current active members you will find out that most of them are bots.

It seems people from English speaking countries are not really in Chinese car industry. Chinese cars are not present in Europe and USA at the moment (at least in large scale that is). Maybe in few years when Chinese companies expand to foreign markets the situation will change to better.

Mamy members are also turned away because they don't get answers to the questions they are looking for. And why don't they geat answers? Because specifications of China-made cars are still published only on Chinese Internet sites without English translation. And also CCF can't attract many owners of Chinese cars to help newbies.

Without new members who would publish interesting news we can't expect to get more new members. Period.

When I signed in there were many more people here. We had some good contributors and interesting debates. But gradually most of them just vanished without explanation. Only a handful left (I will not mention their names, you will easily find them). I'm scared for the future of this forum...
CCF mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
stilo

Default Re: Why is the response level so low on CCF?

You joined the CCF one year earlier than me, Martin. Back in 2008, the Forum was nearly dead in my eyes, whereas the situation within the last months got a bit better, but maybe that is just my impression.

I understand many of your concerns and the situation, as you describe it, seems to be a vicious circle. The most active users are either from central Europe - living within a distance of maybe 1500km - or from the states. We havenīt seen many cars on the road yet, correct, but isnīt that part of the attraction we have towards chinese cars?! Not looking at them makes them more intresting, at least to me. I see tons of VWs, BMWs, MBs on the streets every day and i am so bored that I donīt participate in any forum that deals with german cars.

I am also a bit scared about this forums future, but on the other hand, I have no real idea, how to change the current situation. Do you have any?

Old 01-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
CCF mod

We can wait and see what the future will bring...

Hopefuly contribution from active members will attract new people looking to find something about Chinese car industry and their products. When Chinese cars will be available in more countries people will get more familiar with them and start searching for information. And here I see the future for this forum. Almost all Chinese companies and vehicles are presented here just waiting for other people to discover them. And don't foget Chinese are developing many new and interesting products, including electric vehicles which will affect global auto industry.

Unfortunately according to some information people in China can't access CCF. This is the reason we are deprived of first-hand information from PRC residents.

Yes I agree the situation has improved lately. New users signed up and started writing. This is the way to go.
CCF mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Rally Red Lancer GTS

This is a "just hang in there" type of forum. Painfully slow to process information at times, and, often with no new information. Martin does a fantastic job of providing information, but, as has been stated, if new information is being stuffed down, how can anyone add it in?

My biggest interest in coming here is to closely follow new Chinese-made all-electric cars, like BYD's new all-electric car called the e6. And what is really cool is that BYD is actively preparing them for export to the U.S. for sale there.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #6
jmsteiny

Martin, you are right about people in China not being able to access CCF.....at least part of the time. I've been on this forum since 2006 - but there have been times that I have not been able to access this site. Last year (2008) I would say that there was a 6 month period or so that I could not get to this site......and then magically one day I tried, and voila - I'm here again! It DOES seem like the activity on this forum has diminished............let's hope that it will pick back up soon.
jmsteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
BigFatGuy

I asked the very same question a while back. Pretty much got the same answers too. This forum gets a TON of views. We should have this section filled with new threads every day, but obviously that isn't happening. I've also heard that it could be people interested in chinese cars that can't read/write English. However, I think there are some decent translation devices out there, so not sure if that is the case.
Still, I'll be here. Just not every day.
BigFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
axeray

I'm new around here and have noticed the lack of numbers.

Chinese cars will eventually expand into other countries and the numbers will increase. I think it'll be a few years before that will happen. Whether the forum survives that long will be anyones guess.

However, when this forum does take off it will really get going. Everyone will need to tough it out just like the Big 3 are at the moment.
axeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
dragin

Maintaining a popular forum is a full time job. It takes a lot of attention, and even screening.

I have lost count of the number of times I have come here and found a list of spam ads from people trying to sell cameras, or other inept stuff. To a serious car enthusiast it's a real turn-off. People who are searching for some valuable facts or information about China's auto industry, don't have time to wade through unrelated nonsense.

And then you have the passers-by, that come and say no more than, "I really like those cool wheels." These kind of comments are a waste of time, and should be screened out. I wish they could be previewed on the forum homepage, so I wouldn't have to waste my time actually opening the thread.

Yes, I am all for screening but not for censoring.
There used to be some interesting discussions between some people quite knowledgeable of the workings of the auto industry. But because one individual insisted on using a very offensive user name, CCF came under heavy criticism, and finally censored all that person's postings. It's actually a shame that that happened. What I think would have been better would have been to censor the offensive name. Afterall most good forums pre-screen the user names, and so from the beginning CCF could have forced this "hater" to use a name that was acceptable. But to censor his offensive opinion was not good for the forum.

In any case, I think that when compared with others, CCF is a very attractive format and is user friendly. It definitely has a lot of potential. But to survive it has to be better managed.

What's more, China would do well to allow its people the freedom to see and participate in CCF. Afterall the criticism that does appear here is mostly constructive. And that's good for the industry which Beijing has classified it as a "pillar industry". Finally it can be a good teaching tool for young students.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
stilo

I guess you are talking about someone called "i hate china", dragin. i had no problems with his posts - and even though this members posts were provocative, they were also substantiated. On the other hand, I havenīt followed this specific member and his or her exclusion from this forum closely.

Nevertheless, deleting all of a members posts and exclude him or her from the forum hits a sour note of anticipatory obedience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement