New Road Crash Tests in China - C-NCAP news - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > General > General Discussion

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:25 AM   #1
Raul

Thumbs up New Road Crash Tests in China - C-NCAP news

The first truly independent road crash tests in China will begin 29th August with the Nissan X-Trail Sports Utility Vehicle the first car to undergo a trial smash. The new system was consistent with the international New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) and the test vehicles would be bought by the testing organization on the market rather than supplied by the manufacturer as was previously the case.

The Beijing Daily reported on Tuesday that the Chinese NCAP would be undertaken by the Beijing-based China Automotive Technology and Research Center, a body involved in setting national automotive standards. Liu Yuguang, director of the center's crash test laboratory, was quoted as saying that the center had bought six different vehicle models on the market for testing purposes.

The first test, on the Nissan X-Trail produced by Dongfeng Automobile Co. in Central China's Hubei Province, was expected to take place on Aug. 29, he said. By mid-October, the center would have completed tests on at least four models and published the test results, Liu said. With experience gained from crash tests on 1,200 vehicles since 1999 and the acquisition of new equipment in 2005, the center was proficient in international NCAP standards.

Liu said the new crash tests would be more objective and independent as all the costs would be borne by the center. The testing process and results would be open to the public. In the past, vehicles were brought to the laboratory by manufacturers and carmakers had no obligation to publish the results. The center planned to issue test results on 10 to 15 vehicles every year, Liu said.

Source: Xinhua

Giorgetto Giugiaro
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
phaeton

WOW thats fantastic

Is there an official website up yet ?
phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
Raul

I found more information. Officially it's called "C-NCAP". Here's a website with pictures of Dongfeng-Nissan Tiida being tested:

http://www.pcauto.com.cn/safe/2006/C...ida/index.html

Atleast three cars were used in the tests.

Giorgetto Giugiaro

Old 09-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
Real_I_Hate_China

What's the point of testing foreign cars anyway? We know they would all pass.

It's the Chinese cars that need to be tested at full 40 mph offset, not 35 mph as C-NCAP is doing.
Real_I_Hate_China is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #5
phaeton

Not True:

Australia's ANCAP tests foreign cars & the Holden Barina a rebadged Daewoo Kalos sucked and only got 2 stars.

&

Toyota was the 1st Manufacturer to lose a star in ANCAP with the previous Toyota Echo it was a 3 or 4 star rating then Toyota renmoved an airbag and it became a 2 or 3 star rating once ANCAP renewed testing of Echo.

Last edited by phaeton; 09-14-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:32 AM   #6
Raul

Beijing-Hyundai Accent on test

Giorgetto Giugiaro
Old 09-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #7
phaeton

Why haven't they done any of the local brands yet ?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
phaeton

Official Website www.c-ncap.org
Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #9
Real_I_Hate_China

Quote:
Why haven't they done any of the local brands yet ?
Because they won't pass????
Real_I_Hate_China is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:03 AM   #10
oo4load

Why don't they test chinese cars? Well I can show you what would have happened if they had tested a Golf MK2 platform car like flag/windcloud or FAW-Jetta. A few years ago the austrian motoring organisation tested a Golf2...

The test opens with "Attention: life threatening danger!" and explains you basically have no chance of surviving a (NCAP standard) crash.

Here's the video: http://www.oeamtc.at/netautor/html_s...olf2_video.mpg

Personally I don't think they will test cars based on these old platforms.
oo4load is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement