Questions about Great Wall cars - Page 5 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #41
Admin
Chery Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean32
I am interested to know, what problems owners have had with there cars, or with their dealers?
I am in Russia and am very happy with my G3 but I have had a couple of electrical problems, more annoying than any thing else. Plus the wait time for parts, over a week ?? Anyone else? Good pickups but hay no one is perfect.
welcome to china car forums Clean32
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2007, 03:56 AM   #42
clean32

Smile

thanks Chery Driver
clean32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #43
dragin

Great real world feedback, Clean 32. Thank you and welcome to CCF.

Some folks may not know that the cars we're talking of here, the G3 and G5, are Great Wall's Deer extra cab pickup models,equipped with pickup bed caps. These seem to be quite popular in Russia.

The Irito website is a great source for Great Wall's offerings in Russia.

http://www.irito.ru/

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 AM   #44
clean32

Smile Russia

LOL, as I said before I don’t live in Moscow, about 4 hours drive out. I am often stopped just to be asked what i am driving.(police included)
I Lived in Thailand for a few years back in the early 90s when the pickup revolution took hold, not only were they the ideal vehicle, right place right time. But they also had a large affect on the economy. A sudden jump in internal logistics. I have this feeling that Russia is in need of the same logistical improvement. And pickups can provide this. The jap pickups are about 30-40% more expensive than GW. the jap dealers seem to be targeting the top end of the market anyway (example Ford local dealer sold there last pickup Mazda B about a week before I rang, they said they wouldn’t be getting any more) Anyway my point is I think if GW was to forget about Moscow and push for dealers in the smaller centers say pop 500K and then if they were to push say the single cab and possibly a flat deck with and without 4X4 they would clean up this market. Oh and teach some good old western customer service as well, both Russia and china are lacking in this respect. anyway thats my 10cents worth Coments ???
Old 01-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #45
dragin

I couldn't agree with you more Clean. Your assessment is right on the mark. The same phenomenon occurred in the U.S. during the recession of the late 70s, early 80s. The barebones Japanese 4X2 pickups 皮卡 could be purchased for less than one would pay for a sedan. It was the springboard for Japanese import success. And then once that pickup 皮卡 was mated with the jeep 吉普车, it spawned the SUV of today.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:59 AM   #46
clean32

From what I have read about GW and there problems getting started in Russia (manufacturing). A Nivia 4x4 4 door pickup. Of which they don’t make many and I am told there is a 3 month wait. Is the same price as a 4x2 4 door deer. The main difference is you can drive the deer at higher highway speeds ( i.e. keep up with the traffic) and they drive just so much nicer and they look cool (mine is black lol).

GREAT WALL PLEASE PLEASE GET YOUR DEALER NET WORK SORTED/EXSPANDED

when i first rang a Mosscow dealer i got the imprestion that thay DIDNT want to sell me a car, i even started to beg!!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:12 AM   #47
clean32

Default contact details

Hi
any one know how to contact GW head office in china re service???
Old 02-02-2007, 03:30 AM   #48
phaeton

E-mail: [email protected] [email protected]
URL: www.gwm.com.cn
www.gwpickup.com

Thanks to http://www.globalautoindex.com/maker...g=Great%20Wall
phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #49
dragin

I think that is the old address.
If it doesn't work, the new one I have is: