Great Wall Haval H5 - Page 16 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #151
narryshenzen

Default Re: Great Wall Haval H5

Quote:
Originally Posted by micodelija View Post
why did you write so many copy paste posts? several time you write identical post
yes, the multiple posts were because i coudn't see my posts at all
every time i clicked submit reply, the browser diverted me to the main page of H5 .. and when i browse o view my post - Nothing !

And i face the same problem today -
i deleted the extra double post - worked fine
then i edited the other post to append the remaining text - and gone again !
Till now i cannot view my last post !!!
narryshenzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #152
micodelija

Quote:
Originally Posted by narryshenzen View Post
yes, the multiple posts were because i coudn't see my posts at all
every time i clicked submit reply, the browser diverted me to the main page of H5 .. and when i browse o view my post - Nothing !

And i face the same problem today -
i deleted the extra double post - worked fine
then i edited the other post to append the remaining text - and gone again !
Till now i cannot view my last post !!!
fell no problem, contact martin krpan, he is admin here and he will make it right so we call can follow the theme right
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:23 AM   #153
narryshenzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinesecars View Post
For now, it seems the only safe way to buy an H5 2.0VGT diesel is with the 5-speed automatic. The engine and transmission were made to work together. The 2.0VGT is the proven pre-2010 Kia 2.0 CRDi diesel, and the transmission is the Hyundai/Kia model 5R35, made by Hyundai Powertech in South Korea
Yes, i had given the H5 AT a thought too, but heard from users that i had a very poor throttle response. The engine pics up very slowly since the gear shift is very slow / delayed. It doesn't feel like a 2.0T engine altogether. The MT gearbox gives a good driveability, but poor design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinesecars View Post
I like to shift, a 6-speed manual would be great, but clearly Great Wall is having troubles (apparently they didn't but the 6-speed manual from Hyundai/Kia Group as well).
Yes, GWM did not buy the 6 speed MT gearbox from KIA, they thought of having a Chinese company (Zomax) develop it for them, probably to make it cheaper. The result was a much bigger gearbox, with the problems which i mentioned before.
narryshenzen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #154
Chinesecars

I agree. The 2.0VGT/auto combination feels acceptable, until you turn on the air conditioning. Then it's very slow. A 2.0-liter engine at low RPMs (prior to the turbocharger helping above 2500 RPM), should have more power. I'd buy the 2.5TCi but I like the drive belt system of the 2.0VGT much better. And internally, the 2.0VGT is simply newer and better technology. I blame Delphi, the fuel system supplier, for the power problem. Simply speaking, Delphi's technology can't compare to Bosch. The powerful 2.5 TCi has a Bosch fuel system and that Hover is fast!

Delphi began having financial troubles in 2001, filed for bankruptcy in 2005, scraped bottom thru 2009. Some private investors bought Delphi in late 2009. The company is only alive because General Motors needed the company as a supplier. Delphi is not alive because it was a great supplier. Bosch is successful, with the money to hire the best engineers. Good engineers don't work for bad, financially-troubled companies like Delphi. Good engineers are attracted to strong companies like Bosch.

Interestingly, the GW 2.0VGT was designed to accept Delphi or Bosch fuel systems. But I've only see engines with Delphi systems.
Chinesecars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #155
Chinesecars

The 2.0VGT's power problem really is the rear axle's 3.90 ratio. An SUV the size and weight of the H3/H5 typically has a 4.10 rear axle ratio. After driving the 5-speed manual, I could immediately feel the rear axle ratio was too high (too low numerically). If it had a 4.10 (or even 4.30) rear axle ratio, the performance would rise significantly to acceptable levels. The 3.90 is best suited for 2wd pickup trucks with smaller tires. The 3.90 ratio would be good for fuel economy, IF the 2.0VGT had more low-end power.

The 2.5TCi "does" have enough low-end power for the 3.90 ratio, but 1st gear (the 5-speed manual) is still too steep. Off road, you'll have to shift into low-range earlier than other SUVs or you'll be slipping the clutch to get started in 1st gear.

Last edited by Chinesecars; 07-26-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: edit
Old 07-26-2011, 05:48 AM   #156
jvpe67

Is Great Wall after sales aware of this situation ? They are offering the same engine/transmission for the H6 also. China Market feedback is not as demanding as overseas feedback, where H3/H5 is compared to segment leaders.
jvpe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #157
micodelija

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvpe67 View Post
Is Great Wall after sales aware of this situation ? They are offering the same engine/transmission for the H6 also. China Market feedback is not as demanding as overseas feedback, where H3/H5 is compared to segment leaders.
do you know how many suv gwm produce in 1 year??? there is always possibility that some of those cars are bad,check world re-calls today, almost every famous manufacture got to recall their cars and models because of some upgrade repair or something else, my father buy Volkswagen passat (1.9 tdi) and it was also complete fail, while my mother had bad experience with first generation of fiat punto, but after warranty repair car was fine, better then passat, i only hope not to much of them, i think the narry from shenzen have really big problems and he should be very demanding to the dealership about the warranty on car to solve his problem

user chinsecars...well he still didn't buy a car,so it's difficult to argue with somebody who don't have a car in their ownership

Last edited by micodelija; 07-27-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #158
Chinesecars

The new H6 SUV is smaller and lighter than the H3/H5. The 2.0VGT should perform better in that application. The H6 appears aimed at the smaller SUVs popular with women drivers (RAV4, Tiguan, Qashqi)
Old 08-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #159
micodelija

russians did a crash test of new hover h5 according to R94 homologation regulation, result is quite good, down on the link everybody can see a video, but already here from the photos we can see that passenger area is completely safe and there is no any cabin deformation, also what is good...door were able to open after impact

i am quite sure that after gwm h5 will be produced in europe, that it will be tested at euroncap test as well and finally to make better result then landwind in china SUV range

well done gwm

videos are here:
Old 08-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #160
geralilio

How many stars did it get, micodelija?
geralilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement