Great Wall Haval H5 - Page 18 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #171
narryshenzen

Default Re: Great Wall Haval H5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinesecars View Post
The current models still need refining. Look at the "fit" of the plastic interior parts in every H3/H5 (instrument panel and center console). Many seams are not flush. It's a simple manufacturing problem, but it has not been addressed. Get the H3/H5 right, before moving forward to new products (H6).
Exactly, My first reaction to H6 launch was - "Oh! they plan to leave H5 as it is without any improvements".

Quote:
Experience correcting the ongoing assembly flaws of the H3/H5 will benefit the H6 and other new models.
Not necessarily, I doubt they shall leave the old models with the mistakes in them. It is a win-win situation, make money selling old stuff, and learn from it, and also make more money from the new improved models ....

Quote:
I would respect GW more if they scrapped the Zomax 6-speed transmission and cooperated with a respectable transmission supplier (ie. Getrag) and clutch supplier to resolve the high failure rates.
Me tooooo
narryshenzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #172
narryshenzen

Smile Re: Great Wall Haval H5

hi
thank god finally i have sold this car and i buyed a new suv from jmc motors
name yusheng which used a 2.4 tcdi ford engine
my business i have to travel all around china to meet my customer
i no longer can wait to repair this bad car
now i feel free
narry
Old 08-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #173
micodelija

pity that you had so much problems with your old car....well i hope that new jmc will be better, maybe it will be good that you present in forum your new car
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #174
mrbeebop

I've been following this thread with interest. Having lived in Shanghai for the past 5 years I've been looking at the development of Chinese cars. The Hover/Haval stood out as a good looking, relatively high quality car and with the option of the 110kw diesel was looking very good option for my first Chinese car.
When I recently went to look at one, I was very disappointed to learn about the new 'B' version engine for the manual- what are they thinking?????

So Narryshenzen, can you let me know how you came to pick the JMC car (looks good, but 90kw from a 2.4 TD engine?) and what others you considered?
mrbeebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #175
micodelija

hello beebop

welcome to forum...well by my opinion it's better to reduce power and solve the problem is there is any or to keep production with problems, also hover is best selling car for 6 years in a row in chinese market and also offer 2.5 tci engine, which is by my opinion very good rate for the car, i drive it several times...and goes quite well, of course if you don't expect to have race car

i have hover cars from 2007 year, but only gasoline versions, if we skip some "children problems" there wasn't any bigger problems with the car, so i can say i am quite satisfied with quality, mainly gwm keep update their cars, almost in every round of new production there is some kind of improvements...so firstly you should check the car

also in china there so so much china suv makers....really big choice is there, so i am quite sure that you will find a car that suit you
Old 08-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #176
Chinesecars

I saw the JMC Yusheng. Here are my thoughts.

1. I was told 4WD/AWD is not yet available (and I wouldn't want a 2wd SUV).
2. A Jiangling rep told me the Ford 2.4L diesel is imported, and maybe the early engines are, but I read that Ford has licensed Jiangling to produced the now discontinued 1st generation Duratorq (Puma) engine under the model JX4D24.
3. The Ford 2.4L isn't bad, but it's older technology.
4. Power and torque output is less than GW's 2.0VGT (90kW / 290N.m)
5. I was unable to confirm who makes the 5-speed manual transmission.
6. When 4wd/AWD is available, I'd like to know the source of the transfer case, front and rear axles.
7. Automatic transmission is not available.
8. JMC are the people who made the Landwind (a copy of the 1998-2004 Isuzu Rodeo), and I personally feel the quality was poor.

Summary: After the cheap Landwind, I'd like to believe the Yusheng is a significant improvement. But it remains to be seen. I won't waste anymore time looking at the Yusheng until 4WD is available. And finally, I'd argue the exterior of the GW H3 and H5 is more attractive than the Yusheng's somewhat bloated appearance (it does look better in person).

Note: Jiangling is one of Ford's China partners. They build the Transit (previous and current generations). It's possible the Yusheng's 2.4L diesel is the same as the current generation Transit's 2.4L (China production). Ford has had tremendous quality problems over the years at its joint venture plant with Jiangling located in Nanchang, Jiangxi Province.

Last edited by Chinesecars; 08-08-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: edit
Chinesecars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #177
narryshenzen

I had purchased the H5 also for the 2.0VGT and the Borg Warner Turbo
But the poor implementation of the power terrain makes the car feel soo weak that i was not able to enjoy the powerful engine anymore
The ride actually feels like the engine is nicely responding to the pedal press and the gearbox is actually pushing it back and limiting the power.
At times i had even started to think that the H5 2.5T feels more powerful than the 2.0T
My point is that it is sad to find that GWM decides to experiment at the cost of innocent customers who buy H5 because they believe GWM

The 4x4 version of JMC Yusheng shall be launched soon, make sure you get your test drive
The Ford 2.4L is older technology buy has been implemented well with a Getrag gearbox
The Yusheng has a Chassis same as Land Rover, which makes it a strong SUV.
The Yusheng is manufactured at the Ford production line at JMC plant, making me more assured of its quality
Now i am looking for changing shocks to Bilstein and other possible modifications in the car, shall keep posting in the JMC section about the changes and results
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #178
Chinesecars

I don't like the exterior appearance of the Yusheng so I couldn't buy one. I do like the traditional body-on-frame construction. But Jiangling uses that only because they have no independent R&D capability to design an all-new chassis with unit-body construction. They are forced to modify the old Landwind Isuzu Rodeo chassis.

You are right, the GW 2.5TCi does feel more powerful than the 2.0VGT. I'd given serious thought to buying an H3 with the 2.5TCi, but it's only available with the notchy 5-speed manual. I'd like to have an automatic to more comfortably deal with today's stop-and-go rush hour traffic conditions.

The H3 2.5TCi, with its intercooler hood scoop, is certainly the best looking Hover of all. Absolutely perfect. The H5 "Extreme" with the huge copy Chrysler 300 grille is terrible looking.

Be warned, Ford has had a rocky relationship with Jiangling because of quality problems. Jiangling has not been very cooperative towards improving quality levels.
Chinesecars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 AM   #179
micodelija

yesterday was 3 months as i got new hover h5, when i collect it car had between 9000 km, car now have almost 30.000 km

still look very attractive

no any problems with interior, pity that this model got older version of AC buttons, newer version is little bit for usage, it's not complicated, but it's difficult to see during daylight that small red color on the button which show you the temperature and speed

here it is compared with hover from 2007 year, i can say that new h5 is completely other car, so many modifications on car and simply car is now much better quality

LPG sistem from BRC also work well, usually between 11 liters, which in Croatia cost, total cost per 100 km with LPG is between 7.5€, while in gasoline this cost will be almost 15€, so i can say that already i save so much for fuel cost, top speed of the car is 190 km/h but GPS show between 178 km/h
Old 08-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #180
RR ltd Co.

Nice car, anxiously looking forward to see such cars in my country
Advertisement