Great Wall Haval H5 - Page 20 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 AM   #191
dieselhover

Default Re: Great Wall Haval H5

Chinesecars,
I guess we will have to go with Delphi if there is no other option...
But on areas without any extreme cold weather, do you think the
heated filter from Bosch makes much difference? I know there are
electric after-market heater kits on could buy... and also there is
the option to performance chip Delphi (via fuel pressure sensor)
increasing economy/acceleration as needed, closer to the Bosch?
dieselhover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #192
Chinesecars

If you don't have extreme cold weather, you'll be okay without the fuel heater. There are no professional aftermarket fuel heater kits available for the 2.0VGT yet. About aftermarket fuel heaters, of course its always nice to be able to buy a kit made for your application, rather than a universal fuel heater that requires you to engineer all the plumbing. In China, there is one unit for sale for the 2.5TCi. It doesn't look that impressive in appearance but it works. It's a shame (actually stupid) that GW doesn't include a fuel heater with this engine as Kia did.

I plan to use diesel fuel additive all year long given the poor quality (high sulfur) diesel fuel in China (it's actually finally beginning to get better because the heavy trucks will soon use Euro-4 engines). During the coldest winter months, I'll temporarily switch to a diesel fuel additive with anti-gel capability.

Performance chips are generally created to fit specific vehicle applications. Since 99.9% of all H5 diesels are sold in China, and there is no demand for performance chips here (most Chinese are unfamiliar with them), I can't imagine you finding a chip to fit (unlike the U.S. diesel pickup market which has huge chip demand). I'm not even sure if a chip was available for Kia models fitted with the 2.0VGT.
Chinesecars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #193
dieselhover

Chinesecars,
There are electrical heating kits that don't require any plumbing as they attach to the fuel filter body and work by heat transfer only using low 12V consumption, so that would be an option for cold starts, or like me to have a warmed garage in the winter when outside its cold (heating system vents).

Also, there are many sources in Europe/US for chip boxes on the Kia 2.0 an other sizes CDRi so I am confident there should be an option as well if GW uses the pre-2010 engine license. Should take it to the 200hp level I think

Old 10-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #194
Chinesecars

You are right about the fuel heaters that attach between the fuel filter head and the filter (looks like a black plastic spacer). That's what the Bosch fuel/water separator has on the 2.5TCi (that I like). But the Delphi secondary fuel filter does not screw on. It has the strangest looking fuel hose connections on top that I've ever seen (I'm sorry but I was unable to get a good picture of it, but you can see them in this picture).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 175.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1704  

Last edited by Chinesecars; 10-19-2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: edit
Old 10-20-2011, 03:53 AM   #195
dieselhover

Yes. Still, should not be an issue since some kits attach around the filter body, and they adjust to many sizes. They work like a clamp-on type and then you connect them to a 12v line with a switch or directly if they have termo-control.

Chinesecars, since you are there in China, what is the 2.0 diesel auto H5 selling for in Euros? Here where I am in Eastern Europe it looks like it will be in the 17,5k-18K range when I order my 2012 model. Would be nice to know, thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #196
micodelija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinesecars View Post
Forget what the "official" website says. I'm here and can tell you the real deal. I stop by the local dealer (a large store) every 1-2 weeks. Every 2.0VGT has been built with Delphi. The blurb on the website actually refers to the 2.5TCi's Bosch injection system (which I like). They built a few 2.0VGT demo H5s with Bosch injection, but given Delphi offered a lower price and was the original supplier under Kia, they went with Delphi. I don't like Delphi. Bosch's technology is farther ahead. But I can't change the fact. Interestingly, the alternate Bosch 2.0VGT has a fuel heater integral with the fuel water separator (it's illustrated in the dealer's service manual), same as the 2.5TCi. It's easy to spot these trucks all have Delphi by looking at the Delphi name on the fuel injection control module and injectors, and Delphi's peculiar secondary fuel filter (which has no heater and can't be easily drained of water like the Bosch unit). The short primary fuel filter (under the rear seat/left side is the same for all diesel versions.
....visit the company in baoding....
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #197
micodelija

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhover View Post
Yes. Still, should not be an issue since some kits attach around the filter body, and they adjust to many sizes. They work like a clamp-on type and then you connect them to a 12v line with a switch or directly if they have termo-control.

Chinesecars, since you are there in China, what is the 2.0 diesel auto H5 selling for in Euros? Here where I am in Eastern Europe it looks like it will be in the 17,5k-18K range when I order my 2012 model. Would be nice to know, thanks.
where are you located in eastern europe?
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #198
Chinesecars

I've been told that the new 2012 high-end 2.0VGT 4wd H5 "Euro" will cost close to 170,000 Yuan (USD$26,623 / Euro 19,295). Previously, the 2011 price for the same high-spec 2.0VGT 4wd H5 "Euro" in China was 150,000 Yuan (USD$23,491 / Euro 17,025).

The high-spec 2011 H3 4wd 2.5TCi was 143,000 Yuan (USD$22,395 / Euro 16,230).

The new 2012 H5 is supposed to have 5 air bags (instead of 2) and other enhancements (see my previous posts). I saw 2 examples at a car show several months ago.

The H3 has the better looking front end, but although the H3 and H5 have the same main body, I think only the H5 is available with a sunroof. Except for that, they have the same interior options.

Here's the 2012 H5 "Euro" at the car show. They weren't "for sale" - just for looking (oddly, they refused to unlock them).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012 Great Wall Hover H5 (21).jpg
Views:	232
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1705   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Great Wall Hover H5 (25).jpg
Views:	326
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1706   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Great Wall Hover H5 (26).jpg
Views:	236
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1707   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Great Wall Hover H5 (27).jpg
Views:	218
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1708   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Great Wall Hover H5 (28).jpg
Views:	255
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1709  

Last edited by Chinesecars; 10-20-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: edit
Old 10-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #199
Chinesecars

Between the 2 H5 models, the "Euro" and the "Extreme", the Euro is the better looking truck. It's not exciting like the H3, but it looks 10 times better than the Extreme with its huge ugly copy of a Chrysler 300N grille.

However, I do like the black rocker panels on the Extreme (plus the rear bumper's lower half is black. With the Euro, the rocker panels are body color (which will show rock chips) and the rear bumper is all body color. If you could get the Euro model with the Extreme'e black rocker panels and rear bumper, you would have the perfect H5.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012 Great Wall Hover H5 (31).jpg
Views:	205
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1710   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Great Wall Hover H5 (32).jpg
Views:	189
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1711   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Great Wall Hover H5 (33).jpg
Views:	250
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1712   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Great Wall Hover H5 (34).jpg
Views:	223
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1713  

Last edited by Chinesecars; 10-20-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: edit
Old 10-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #200
dieselhover

@ micodelija.
I am located in Moldova (Between Romania and Ukraine in case you haven't heard

@ Chinesecars,

Thanks very much for the prices info and the pictures! OK, so I take that for me its the H5 "Sunroof" version with (if possible) Extreme Black Rocker Panels + Rear Bumper (BTW, I like that extra chrome line in the front grill they added)... That would be a very good looking Hover indeed I got about $26K Budget for this deal, so will see how it goes when I order it sometime next month...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement