Great Wall Haval H5 - Page 24 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #231
dieselhover

Default Re: Great Wall Haval H5

mico,
I get your point, but how much would it be to a third party to have a way to hookup the automatic tranny to the 2.5tci which is much better/reliable than new 2.0VGT? That would not be millions and would create an option for best Hover combo imho...
dieselhover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #232
micodelija

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhover View Post
mico,
I get your point, but how much would it be to a third party to have a way to hookup the automatic tranny to the 2.5tci which is much better/reliable than new 2.0VGT? That would not be millions and would create an option for best Hover combo imho...
now we got other question...why to invest in old model??? great wall just recently present new hover h6 version and very soon h5 will be out of production,hover h5(cc6461) is just refresh and updated version of basic hover(cc6460) also there will be several new suv models in offer

i had chance to test new hover h6, difference is huge! especially driving effort, comfort, inner quality, decoration, also it's almost 400 kg lighter then hover h5, hover h6 is future of great wall
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #233
dieselhover

mico,
So you are implying that by moving to new technology like the H6, great wall wouldn't have to research current H5 issues with the 2.0 VGT engine like leaking antifreeze, turbo oil leaks, or the noisy manual transmissions?

H6 doesn't look like a matching successor SUV to H3 or H5, is a vehicle for other applications. When that Great Wall plan to stop producing the reliable 2.5tci diesel engine? Because I am shy of buying 2.0 diesel and don't care for H6. What is the latest model year for H3/H5 with 2.5tci 4X4? Thanks!

Old 11-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #234
micodelija

Quote:
mico,
So you are implying that by moving to new technology like the H6, great wall wouldn't have to research current H5 issues with the 2.0 VGT engine like leaking antifreeze, turbo oil leaks, or the noisy manual transmissions?

H6 doesn't look like a matching successor SUV to H3 or H5, is a vehicle for other applications. When that Great Wall plan to stop producing the reliable 2.5tci diesel engine? Because I am shy of buying 2.0 diesel and don't care for H6. What is the latest model year for H3/H5 with 2.5tci 4X4? Thanks!
no, you don't understand, great wall have good quality and reliable products, also all of them are covered by warranty, there is no chance that you will get a car which didn't pass company inspection and which isn't safe for ride, also all vehicles have passed china quality inspection test and i really doubt that hover will be best selling chinese suv is quality isn't good, maybe you read of forum experience from couple of customers who had bad luck or something, but one more time it depend how they maintenance their cars, also unsatisfied people always will be, you can expect that you sold 100.000 cars and that all will be without any problem, those what you written are problems so small that it can be solved in 10 minutes service

by my opinion all depends what customers expect from the car, i had also a customer which return a car to me, he is noisy, spend lot of fuel, he don't like quality...bla bla bla-yada yada yada, i sold it to other customer and he is apsoulutley delighted with the car and now driving it for 4 years, same car, two different customers feedback

also if any model of car, not just great wall, now i talk about any brand, usually throe marketing research and customer feedback companies upgrade their products if something is wrong, usually it's done throe recall system or simply during regular service check, my friend had nissan navara model and he had a problem with airbag module, nissan send to his home invitation that he came with the car to service inspection and for free they put in car new part, which was upgraded and made by nissan quality standard, when i had fiat punto it was identical, also when great wall send to me notice about some quality checking, we contact our customers and on regular service replace the parts which are on list for replace or other, for now we had only two such repairs
Old 11-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #235
dieselhover

I do understand, I come from a log family of mechanics, and let me tell you, many users of the new "green" and "quiet" 2.0 VGT diesel engines are experiencing leaking antifreeze from cylinder heads, oil leaks from the turbo, and noise/clutch issues from transmission... to name a few critical problems.

Now tell me how you think those are little issues you can fix in 10 minutes. No way. I worked as a mechanic and I know better... I would never touch a new engine sent to the market with those issues reported. This need addressing from Great Wall, not just making a less torqued "B" version to reduce transmission issues.... That is to me is just a patch, not a solution. Not to mention the pending unsolved problems. The hard, responsible way is to recall those engines and fix whatever is wrong with them. The easy way is to keep pushing new models and to quit researching previous failures...
Old 11-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #236
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Great Wall may want to just look ahead and sort of "force" a person with knowledge of these problems, like yourself, to buy the newer brand that doesn't have this problem. Sounds coarse, but fixing these problems is considerably expensive. I remember Mr.Lee Iacocca of Ford Motor Company, when people were bitching about the Ford Pinto's safety problem of exploding ghastly tank when it was being hit from behind, say simply "...well, they should trade up, then."

Honestly, straight out of the mouth of Lee Iacocca, the father of the Mustang. Imagine that.

Last edited by Rally Red Lancer GTS; 11-12-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Rally Red Lancer GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #237
dieselhover

Rally,
Sadly true. This kind of behavior has been demonstrated by automakers many times before...
It makes the only smart option, to wait for 2 or more years on any late model that comes out
before it can be trusted to buy as reliable. Unfortunately, buying the "next year model" seems
nothing but risky business otherwise. Even with warranty on your side, you cant trust a car...

Last edited by dieselhover; 11-13-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:31 AM   #238
micodelija

simply different opinions
diesel hover...please don't told to me about mechanic , i really don't want to discuss about that, simply let we look at sales results of great wall, this are best parameters is quality of car is good or bad, as i know great wall is top selling suv in china, when he will became worst selling suv then i will be worried, also there will be always satisfied and unsatisfied clients, if you are all so unsatisfied that gentelman from ford say good...buy another car

i also buy a vw passat several years ago as all my friends told to me that car is good, i wasn't happy with it, sold it and buy fiat, fiat was good car, drive it for 4 years and buy a new one, then i drive a new model for 4 years again and one more time i replace it with new one, why to bother with the car if you don't have thrust in it from the start??? also because of my bad experience with vw i will not say that vw make bad cars, after all there are top world leader car manifacture, but simply i will never like them any more, but identical you will hear from some other customers who will told to you that fiat make bad cars and vw are top, simply....different customers, different customer feedback, different opinions

to me...most important is that my hover 5 is doing well, already got 45.000 km with it without any problems
Old 11-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #239
dieselhover

mico,
Eventually sales to unsatisfied customers will hit your optimistic numbers, just as you moved from one brand to another, this is no good for GW.
Maybe I am a smart buyer who know better... but you can't fool people forever... specially when you have domestic market unhappy

Anyways, talking about reliable diesel Hover now, what should I expect to pay average for new H3 2.5tci version with sunroof?
Anyone has estimate? Thanks!
Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #240
micodelija

Quote:
mico,
Eventually sales to unsatisfied customers will hit your optimistic numbers, just as you moved from one brand to another, this is no good for GW.
Maybe I am a smart buyer who know better... but you can't fool people forever... specially when you have domestic market unhappy

Anyways, talking about reliable diesel Hover now, what should I expect to pay average for new H3 2.5tci version with sunroof?
Anyone has estimate? Thanks!
so every year great wall have 80.000 fools which are buying hover? great conclusion , if hover quality was bad, people will not buy it, hover is best selling suv for several years now, of course there is happy and unhappy customers, but what can you do there? fight against wind? you can give to somebody a new mercedes and he will be unhappy with it, all depend on clients habits and his character, nobody will write to me that great wall making bad quality cars, no way....especially those who don't have it while i am driving them for 5 years now, great wall always upgrade their quality and market results show us that they are doing well, if great wall vehicles where bad, people will not buy it and they will not be best selling suv and pick up makers for several years on chinese market

personaly i also don't like when people write something which don't have a model of car for which they are writing about, you and chinese cars are users like that,new members which present like you want to buy a car...and then write bad about it , haha, firstly buy a car and then give your opinion on it, not that i have read, i have sow, i have hear bla bla bla, also it's funny how you are only active on this topics, i think administrators have some work here

by that i finish all my discussions and kindly ask that admins take care about this topic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement