Great Wall Haval H5 - Page 26 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #251
Chinesecars

Default Re: Great Wall Haval H5

Given that I see H3s and H5s here daily, I admit the frontal appearance of my favorite, the H3, is beginning to look a little tired. It has been around for a while now. But having said that, the front of the H5 Euro looks boring, without any exciting design expression (It looks like the grille copied Mazda). And the front fascia of the H5 Extreme is just downright ugly.

The 2.0VGT's turbo lag is bad. Ironically, a variable geometry turbo is supposed to minimize the lag and improve driveability. But that certainly isn't the case with GW's 2.0VGT.

The 2.5TCi flys. You have power all the time. (I still think all the versions would benefit with a 4.10 axle ratio over the current 3.90).

You're right, the 2.0VGT's AWD system is for women in the city. Ford began using this system, Borg-Warner TOD (Torque-on-demand) in 1996. Ford calls it Control Trac. Isuzu uses it too. BUT, their TOD system includes 2wd, Auto, 4-high and 4-low. Great Wall went the CHEAP route and cancelled the 4-high and 4-low modes. So to get a "real" 4wd system, you really have to buy the H3.
Chinesecars is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 12:45 AM   #252
Chinesecars

Just some FYI. I read today that the Australian version of the H3 2.4L (called X240 in Australia) was recalled this year in May. All global H3 owners should take a moment to check their trucks.

(Incidently, I see Australia is now receiving the H5 2.0VGT (called X200). It comes with Bosch's Electonic Stability Program (ESP), an option only available with the H5 and the Kia 2.0VGT/Hyundai 5-speed automatic powertrain combination.
__________________________________________________ ____

Great Wall Motors has recalled 922 examples of the X240 compact SUV because the steering column may come into contact with the car’s brake pipe.

The recall notice placed on the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) website states that “it is possible that the lower section of the steering column may come into contact with the front-right hydraulic brake pipe due to the small clearance between the two.

“The column may rub against the pipe during operation resulting in a leak in the hydraulic brake pipe.”’

Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted and advised to see their local dealer for an inspection and, if necessary, a replacement brake pipe.

Public affairs consultant for Ateco Automotive – the distributor of Great Wall Motors in Australia - Daniel Cotterill, told GoAuto: “There has been an issue noted on one X240 concerning the incorrect fitment of a brake pipe in the factory.

“This has led to the recall of 922 potentially affected 2010 model X240s for inspection and rectification if necessary. None of the facelifted models (H5/X200) are included,” he said.

Last edited by Chinesecars; 11-20-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #253
dieselhover

You are right. The 2.0VGT we saw yesterday is very well suited for the city woman. It was funny... The 2.0 we were checking out was from a couple waiting for its delivery. They were installing an alarm to it, therefore the wait but looking at the color choice and her excitement I could tell she had a lot to do with the pick

Anyways, later, while talking to sales director, they came to check the H3, and the husband was all over that SUV Thankfully, in my case, the wife disapproves the look of the Euro H5 so with the addition of engine issue was not a hard decision!

Thanks for the recall update, that is nothing that a plastic tie can't fix to give enough clearance to the hydraulic brake pipe

Last edited by dieselhover; 11-18-2011 at 02:44 AM.
dieselhover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #254
dieselhover

Also Chinesecars,
I was given a price quote of $26,500 for Haval H3 2.5TCI 4X4 Super Luxury (CC6460KM65). Is this the same vehicle you say sells for $22,500 in China? If not, can you check actual price of this one?

I need to confirm asap so next week when I go to dealer I can discuss the extra fees involved. Thank you very much for double checking and have a good weekend!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #255
Chinesecars

Yes, that's the same high-spec H3 2.5TCI 4wd as in China.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #256
dieselhover

Thanks for conformation, I will find out the difference tomorrow based on transport, import taxes, etc
Old 11-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #257
dieselhover

Chinesecars,
I signed the contract for 2012 H3 2.5TCI 4x4 today. It will be here around mid February they estimate. I will post pictures once it arrives. I ordered the Pearl Black exterior with Coffee interior combo which both the wife and I agreed on
Old 11-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #258
Chinesecars

In China, the metallic gray is the best seller. And it does look good. But, I'm planning to order white, because scratches are much harder to see with white paint (no matter how hard I try, it's going to get scratched in China).

I wish they had a good looking red, blue or green. Unfortunately, most of their colors are ugly.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:46 AM   #259
dieselhover

I see, we changed interior to Black + Beige (still Black exterior) after not liking that much the seats configuration (2 colors) on the Coffee. Now, this is the final look we all agree on
Old 11-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #260
Chinesecars

GW's website doesn't say, but there are 3 available interior color choices (at least with the leather interior) including black, beige, and a strange looking yellowish brown color. I plan to get beige.

Last edited by Chinesecars; 11-23-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement