Great Wall Haval H5 - Page 27 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:34 AM   #261
dieselhover

Default Re: Great Wall Haval H5

So yours will be White with Beige interior, while ours will be Black with Beige interior. Once we get it in mid February, I will post some pictures. When do you plan to get yours? Also, I read somewhere that the 2.5TCI has the same or better diesel consumption than the 2.0VGT automatic? Is this about right?
dieselhover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #262
Chinesecars

China copied the U.S. law that requires carmakers to place a label on the car window with the fuel economy figures. I'm not sure how much I trust it. I need to stop by the dealer and look again - I don't quite remember the numbers. I think the 6-speed 2.0VGT was around 7.8L/100km, and the auto 2.0VGT's fuel economy much higher than I expected (with a modern 5-speed overdrive automatic), perhaps 8.8L/100km. And the H3 2.5TCI is 8.2L/100km? I'll confirm.

Traffic is TERRIBLE here. The morning drive is acceptable (though not as easy as 5 years go), but the evening drive home is horrible. I really wish they'd fix the 2.0VGT's reliability problems because the auto transmission would be very nice to have under these conditions. Or, make the Hyundai auto transmission available behind the 2.5TCi (although, that would mean they'd use the Borg-Warner TOD 4wd system since that's what the Hyundai auto is set up for, instead of the H3's traditional low range-equipped transfer case).

Last edited by Chinesecars; 11-24-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Chinesecars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #263
micodelija

this is the label which i find on the internet for at diesel version

Last edited by micodelija; 11-25-2011 at 10:46 AM.
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #264
alby13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinesecars View Post
China copied the U.S. law that requires carmakers to place a label on the car window with the fuel economy figures. I'm not sure how much I trust it. I need to stop by the dealer and look again - I don't quite remember the numbers. I think the 6-speed 2.0VGT was around 7.8L/100km, and the auto 2.0VGT's fuel economy much higher than I expected (with a modern 5-speed overdrive automatic), perhaps 8.8L/100km. And the H3 2.5TCI is 8.2L/100km? I'll confirm.

Traffic is TERRIBLE here. The morning drive is acceptable (though not as easy as 5 years go), but the evening drive home is horrible. I really wish they'd fix the 2.0VGT's reliability problems because the auto transmission would be very nice to have under these conditions. Or, make the Hyundai auto transmission available behind the 2.5TCi (although, that would mean they'd use the Borg-Warner TOD 4wd system since that's what the Hyundai auto is set up for, instead of the H3's traditional low range-equipped transfer case).
interesting, thanks for the info
Old 11-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #265
Chinesecars

Mico, as a GW representative, I'd think you would know your product better. That label clearly states the transmission is "AT" (automatic transmission). This is not the fuel economy label for 6-speed manual transmission model as you state. If it was the 6-speed manual, the engine model would be GW4D20B rated at 100kW, not the listed GW4D20 rated at 110kW.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #266
Chinesecars

Dieselhover, I was originally told wrong (by the dealer) that the 2.5TCi originated from Nissan. Actually GW acquired the turbocharged 2.8L 4JB1 engine design from Isuzu, forming the basis for the GW 2.8TC. Later they paid Bosch to update it, resulting in the higher performance 2.5TCi.

I think the Isuzu 4JB1-T (turbocharged) was introduced way back in 1987, but it's a proven engine. More important, I have to assume that it received significant re-engineering under Bosch's management to result in the 2.5TCi.

In the back of my mind, I've also been paying attention to the Kia Sorento with the 2.2L diesel. This new engine represents cutting edge technology. Fuel economy is impressive at 10.9L-highway, 6.8L-city, and 8.1L combined, considering the 1790kg curb weight. It's very spacious and it comes standard with many features (including low range 4wd). It's more money, but not that much more. And, this is a car built to last. You should be able to drive it 10+ years (Where will our H3/H5 be in 10 years). And, it has a fuel heater.

FYI, the cheaper Kia Sportage isn't available with the 2.0CRDi diesel in China. Otherwise, that would probably compete with the 2012 H5 in price, and no doubt the design and quality are better.

Last edited by Chinesecars; 11-24-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #267
dieselhover

Chinesecars,
The Kia Sorento 2.2 Diesel is available here from the same dealer company, but in terms of looks vs. base price I prefer the Haval H3 2.5TCI for its features. I am confident this model of Hover will last more than 10K, in fact, that should be just the loose up time for its new condition, as I have read from other owners. Sure there maybe issues coming up early, but with the local 5 Year Warranty on engine and transmission, I don't expect any mayors, while crossing fingers
Old 11-25-2011, 03:48 AM   #268
Chinesecars

My friend, I didn't say 10K. I said 10 years.

Kia (and Hyundai) have improved very quickly. Their very latest models are very impressive looking, and the engine/transmission technology is now rivaling the Japanese brands.

Last edited by Chinesecars; 11-25-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #269
dieselhover

Yes, I know you meant 10 years, I was just joking that would be like 10K for me here compared to what the hovers get driven in China but anyways I know Kia and Hyundai are very good now, I just like the Hover better in terms of size and price and the value you get for what you pay, that's all.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #270
CCF mod

Test og GW H5 at wheels24.co.za:
http://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/...iesel-20111124

Conclusion
Quote:
The H5 is a tolerable SUV and an affordable offering, despite its rough edges.
CCF mod is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement