Server question.......... - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Announcements, Feedback, Tech Help > Chinacarforums.com - Suggestions and Help

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:48 AM   #1
jmsteiny

Default Server question..........

First of all, happy 2nd anniversary to china car forums!!! It's a honor to be considered a "senior member" here, and I hope that my rambling words have been of assistance to someone out there in cyberland!! To all the other wonderful members here..........thanks for ALL of your input and thoughtful comments - I know I've learned A LOT about chinese cars because of all of you!!

Now, on to my main question - has anyone else out there had any problems lately getting to this website?? I seem to be having A LOT of problems - in fact my normal browser (firefox 2.0.0.5) never seems to work now......I have to use Torpark in order to get here. Is it my server that's the problem? I have a DSL connection with China Telecom (remember, I'm in Nanning) and for just about any other website I have no problems (including wikipedia....that USED to be blocked but no more). We don't really talk about negative things here (if anything, we are posting mostly POSITIVE material about chinese cars) so I don't understand why I would have such problems. This is the reason I haven't been posting at all lately...........I simply couldn't get to the website!! Torpark seems to work well for me, but I would sure love to simply click on the website and get here with my normal firefox browser (Torpark is much slower than firefox). If any of you have any ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear it!! And NO, I WILL NOT use internet explorer - I'm one of the early converts to firefox and I don't intend on going back to IE AT ALL!!! Thanks, hope to hear back from any of you soon!!
jmsteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Admin
Chery Driver

Hi JMS, if your ISP is giving you trouble in accessing this site, you may want to try this proxy via IE or Firefox,

http://www.youhide.com/

Go here and then from this site goto chinacarforums.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
jmsteiny

Default Thanks admin!!

Wow - youhide works pretty darn well!! It's a little faster than Torpark (Torpark is a firefox based web browser that serves the same function as youhide........but Torpark is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW) but best of all, I can say within my normal browser now!!

You know what you've done, admin - now that I can get back on the forum I have LOTS of posts to catch up on!! You'll NEVER get rid of me now!!! Sorry everybody.........just warning you!!
jmsteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement