A quality website equals good business for all - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Misc > Off-topic

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
dragin

Default A quality website equals good business for all

Like any other business today, websites and website forums that are successful, are those that maintain high quality standards. It takes lots of time and effort to keep a website forum going and to keep people coming back.

Chinacarforums at its best, is a place where car lovers from all over the world share their information and opinions about the dynamic development of China's auto industry. These folks choose to see beyond their own serious political, cultural and religious differences, to enjoy a dialogue that brings enjoyment to an otherwise routine day. And in the past it has drawn interest and input from some high caliber folks in the car business.

But at its worst it is a lot of spewing of bitterness, hate and vitriol. The result is a loss of interest on the part of many enthusiasts who are serious about the subject. And as the negative side gains the upper hand, a loss of business to the forum investors is also inevitable.

Yes, it's not easy to deal with such a diverse clientele. As I see it there's got to be someone there 24/7 who can sort out, and screen out, the incoming threads into various categories so that the folks who participate are not just wasting there time. Who would have thought that in the course of merely months since start up, we would be harkening back to "the good old days".

In any case, as the year draws to a close I do wish the forum management and all the serious participants, the best that the coming holiday season has to offer, and a great year ahead.

Zhu ni xin nian kuai le 祝 你 新 年 快 乐

and

Gong xi fa cai 恭 喜 发 财

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2006, 04:37 PM   #2
phaeton

Thanks dragin for fair assessment

As you now know Admin has a new Moderating team with myself, ash & AXLE, together we're going to watch the forums closer (posts & members) than ever before.

Thanks for the critism have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

from
phaeton CCF Moderator
phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
m14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragin
Like any other business today, websites and website forums that are successful, are those that maintain high quality standards. It takes lots of time and effort to keep a website forum going and to keep people coming back.

Chinacarforums at its best, is a place where car lovers from all over the world share their information and opinions about the dynamic development of China's auto industry. These folks choose to see beyond their own serious political, cultural and religious differences, to enjoy a dialogue that brings enjoyment to an otherwise routine day. And in the past it has drawn interest and input from some high caliber folks in the car business.

But at its worst it is a lot of spewing of bitterness, hate and vitriol. The result is a loss of interest on the part of many enthusiasts who are serious about the subject. And as the negative side gains the upper hand, a loss of business to the forum investors is also inevitable.

Yes, it's not easy to deal with such a diverse clientele. As I see it there's got to be someone there 24/7 who can sort out, and screen out, the incoming threads into various categories so that the folks who participate are not just wasting there time. Who would have thought that in the course of merely months since start up, we would be harkening back to "the good old days".

In any case, as the year draws to a close I do wish the forum management and all the serious participants, the best that the coming holiday season has to offer, and a great year ahead.

Zhu ni xin nian kuai le 祝 你 新 年 快 乐

and

Gong xi fa cai 恭 喜 发 财
i think there will allways be lovers and haters for anything CHINESE MADE....or any cheap labour nation
m14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
jmsteiny

Default Thanks..........

I, for one am VERY happy that we now have a moderating team!! Some of our recent threads HAVE strayed off-topic, and MANY of us have spent time (and tired fingers) responding to negative (i.e. malicious and destructive) threads and postings. Everyone DOES have a right to their opinion......but it's nice to know that we now have moderators to make sure that we can stay "professional" in HOW we present our opinions!!

Personally, I find this forum enlightening and educational - it's a place where I enjoy making comments and discussing various topics relavant to the chinese car industry. As a foreigner living in China, I have come to REALLY appreciate how FAST the chinese car industry is improving - so much so that I choose to buy a chinese product rather than a foreign brand. China car forums (for me) has become the number ONE place on the internet to gather information (on a daily basis, it seems) about the chinese car industry and it's growing importance in the world. I hope this forum keeps growing and growing - and I hope that we ALL remember to "keep it clean" as far as our comments here.
jmsteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
?man

Thumbs down ...

If we all agree to be nice and all keep a pro-China view, we won't
have any more balance. I think we could tone down the language a
bit, but what fun is it if everyone has the same view. I think we should
stop exaggerating on both sides, but whats with the whole communist view?
Its people like Real_I_hate_China who keep this site in check with their extreme views (though I don't neccesarily agree with them), so that
we may balance the many Chinese people on this site that over-glorify
their home manufacturers. This site isn't just about Chinese cars anymore,
its about their current and future effects on the world economy.
Sure, Geely's nice, but what happens when no-one buys a Toyota anymore,
because they all have Chinese cars, what will happen to Japan(for example),
and what will happen to people that crash their cheap Chinese cars?
This is a database on Chinese cars, but also on the publics perception of them. Maybe you're not used to democracy in China- but thats why its called the China Car Forum(s) and not the China Car Information web site.
?man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
WuzhengNA

Not that it matters at all, but food for thought - maybe others feel the same way;

It's a forum, people. As an outside observer(read:my opinion only) the most damage is done by Senior Members, taking what may be an unaceptable post then setting it on fire. (Edge recently became completely rabid in one thread)

Someone posts something lacking factual basis? You reply with correct facts.

Someone posts opinions you don't like? Post your opinion.

I swear, some of the long-time posters here have the "You suck", "No YOU SUCK!" banter down as well as my 8 year old kids.

The I-Hate-China guy, even though his opinion is obvious, he at leasts posts with opinions based on facts (well, most of the time).

Then you have the "I hate Americans" posters, the "I love China and therefore am blind to any facts you present" poster, and the "whatever you say, I'll disagree" poster.

You want this forum to work? Grow up. Act your age.

Because the minute I see that posts are being deleted, edited, changed, removed, censored, is the last minute I'll visit this site. So will the vast majority of lurkers.

Last edited by WuzhengNA; 12-13-2006 at 12:59 PM.
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #7
WuzhengNA

?man simul-post, sorry. Your post was better anyway.
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:03 PM   #8
?man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuzhengNA

Because the minute I see that posts are being deleted, edited, changed, removed, censored, is the last minute I'll visit this site. So will the vast majority of lurkers.
Me too.
?man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #9
phaeton

WuzhengNA & ?man I agree with you guys we need to keep free opinions on Chinese Cars but at same time some members take it to heart & then enrage with flaming the member they disagree with.

I happen to think Real I Hate China is a decent memeber apart from the large text posts .
He is as Admin has mentioned the exact opposition the Chinese Automakers are trying to convince.

We need balance on this forum I do my best at giving an honest westernized opinion.
phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:09 AM   #10
dragin

Thanks to you Phaeton and to Ash and Axle for stepping up to the task and lending Admin a hand. Having enjoyed all of your positive inputs in the past, I know you will do a great job of maintaining a balanced, and at the same time uncensored, forum that we can all enjoy.

There's no denying that the contrary (civil) opinions are definitely a lively plus to any forum. In fact I think that this forum airs some of the most strongly contrary views, that are at the same time unquestionably civil in tone. Not only are these guys great debaters who provide a lot of valuable factual info, but they entertain and humor us as well.

One more thing, I do hope the guys whose first language is not English, will not shy away from this forum. There input is really essential to that balance we're looking for.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement