BAW 'Jeep Liberty' pick-up - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Beijing (BAIC) Motor

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
CCF mod

Arrow BAW 'Jeep Liberty' pick-up

Very interesting article from thetycho.com.

Scrolling trough news archives from carmakers is mostly boring but can sometimes be very interesting, today I found a Liberty pick up truck at Beijing Auto Works' website...

It is based on the last gen Liberty and does not have any name or logo on the bonnet, neither a Jeep nor a BAW nor a Beijing-Jeep's.

The car was presented, among some others, as a gift for the China Military Museum in Beijing in January 2008. That's a little more than a year ago now, I will sure go back to the museum this weekend to see whether this strange vehicle is still on display.

I guess it is a prototype from the good old Beijing-Jeep days, a Chinese/American joint venture that is now history. That problably makes this Liberty pick up the one and only in the world, if I find it this weekend I'll let you all know on Monday.

source:
http://www.thetycho.com/news_baw1.htm

Last edited by CCF mod; 08-13-2011 at 09:28 AM.
CCF mod is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
dragin

Default Re: BAW 'Jeep Liberty' pick-up

Great find Martin!
A unique cab style that would look great with a matching bed sporting large wheel opening flares. Surprised that it hasn't been copied and popped up somewhere else in the Middle Kingdom.
As for the joint venture, I haven't heard how the threesome of BAIC, Daimler and Chrysler have finalized the latter's departure. There had to be an equity settlement of some kind along the way.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
chai029

Default Re: BAW 'Jeep Liberty' pick-up

Looks unique for me because of its design and its headlights... unlike other chinese cars that really looks like a copycat from other cars...
chai029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement