Voleex and Haval - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
MCV87

Default Voleex and Haval

Hello everybody,
i saw a picture of the new GWM C50 sedan and this car had a license plate with "Voleex C50".
Is GWM eager to create a new brand called "Voleex" to separate their sedans from their SUVs and Pickups?
Could it be, that Hover is too close to "Hoover" and so GWM has to rename its SUV- and truck brand to avoid legal actions from the household appliance manufacturer?
MCV87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
geralilio

Default Re: Voleex and Haval

Hello MCV87,

I also read about these name changes at ***************************************. Personally i dont really like the Voleex and Haval names. Hover is much better for me. As for the cars, maybe they can just stick with c30, c50, c41, etc...

That's just my opinion.
geralilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
CCF mod

Article from gasgoo:

Great Wall Motor officially introduced its new sub-brands Haval and Voleex to the public at the recent 2010 Beijing auto show, Inside Line reported.

The Haval brand, derived from its former Hover, will cover the company's all SUV and crossover models, while its expensive car models are shown as part of the Voleex brand. The Haval is comprised of smaller crossovers with an M designation and larger models with an H designation.

The M-series lineup includes the tiny M1 hatchback, basically a revamp of the Great Wall Peri; the 1.5-liter, a more muscular take on the boxy Coolbear; and the 1.5-liter M3 which is slated to go into production later this year.

The H-series family includes the 121-hp 2.0-liter H3, an update of the original Hover; the H5, with a wide range of engine options when it goes on sale this summer; and the H6, which will start production in 2011.

Voleex is a new name of the Tengyi series. The Voleex sedans include the 1.5-liter C30; the CVT-equipped, turbocharged 1.5-liter C50 (to be produced in early 2011) and the turbocharged 2.0-liter C70 (to reach the market in late 2011).

Great Wall Motor, mainly known in the fast decade as a manufacturer of pickups and SUVs, has started expanding its product portfolio by making derivative small cars such as Florid and Coolbear.

http://autonews.gasgoo.com/auto-news...al-Voleex.html
CCF mod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
TonyJZX

i think i speak for everyone in the western world when i say that these names are ridiculous... easily as bad as "Rely", "Riich" and "Roewe"

please come up with some company names that don't sound like they were made up by a bunch of Chinese farmers who learnt about the West from reruns of Beverly Hills 90210...
TonyJZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement