Dongfeng Coupe (EQ7240) - Page 3 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Dongfeng Motor (DFM)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #21
god_bless_japan

that wont be happening soon,

also why would japanese people buy chinese cars, they would look like traitors, they might as well buy 2nd hand japanese car in their country then buy anything from china
god_bless_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #22
cryptonx

this car makes geely cars look good
I'm the persecuted one , You're the red, white and blue
cryptonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #23
mg-zs

Someone has not been here for a long time

Old 02-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #24
god_bless_japan

dont like the car, its ugly
god_bless_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #25
CCF mod

I read somewhere that this car is based on previous generation of Hyundai Coupe. They indeed look similar from sideview.
Is this true?
CCF mod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #26
CCF mod

Believe it or not, the car is going on sale. Next month!

Quote:
We always wondered when we say this car at the Beijing Auto Show in 2006 if they would ever release this car, and it seems that Dongfeng have reasonably high hopes for this car.
This car was designed by Dongfeng themselves and it … urm.. shows. China Car Times doesnt have any specifics on the car, other than its pretty ugly and that Dongfeng are planing on selling 2000 of the cars in the Japanese market next year. The oddest thing about the Dongfeng coupe is the boot of the car that seems to be able to raise and lower itself to give the driver more boot space should he need it.
he Dongfeng coupe comes complete with tiny 15inch wheels and odd looking indicator lights down the side of the front wings:
We cant wait for this one to hit the market this month, oh no - we put the wrong ending sentence in this blog post, no, we dont want this to hit anything other than a brick wall.

Last edited by CCF mod; 09-03-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:25 AM   #27
erik (laofan), cmvdc

engine is the standard Shenyang-Mitsubishi 4G64 S4M, (2356cc), l x w x h = 4350 x 1740 x 1290 mm, wheelbase 2485 mm, curb weight 1380 kg, max. speed 190 km/h
Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #28
chinamonty

I think yellow is the worst colour for a motor show car. It woulc look better in something like British racing green or a dark blue. I dont like the front vents or the multiple indicator lights but it is no worse than the original Hyundai S coupe was. Would need to see different photos though.
chinamonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 AM   #29
mobilespeed

Default Re: New Dongfeng Sportscar from Beijing Auto Show 2006

the styling reminds me of the old Hyundai Coupe...
mobilespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:21 AM   #30
CCF mod

This has to be some mistake. According to Gasgoo coupe is going into production.

December 31, 2008 - Dongfeng Motor Group yesterday confirmed that its own-brand coupe model code-named EQ7240 has been approved by China's auto industry regulator for mass production and will be launched to market in early 2009, at a price above 200,000 yuan ($29,300). It will be the first coupe model developed and made by a Chinese automaker.

The Dongfeng coupe model has been listed among the new vehicles for production in the new year by China's Ministry of Information Industry. It will be built by the Dongfeng Rongcheng Auto Company located in east China's Shandong province and is expected to go on sale in the first half of next year.

Dongfeng Rongcheng said that the Dongfeng coupe is the first medium- to high-grade coupe model developed and produced by a Chinese automaker. It will be equipped with the Mitsubishi 4G69 2.4l MIVEC engine but all the other key components are developed by Dongfeng Motor.

The Dongfeng coupe concept was displayed at the 2006 Beijing auto show and since then has been awaiting approval from the industry regulator for production and sale.

The top management of Dongfeng Motor Group, China's third largest automaker, said that it has an integrated scheme for its future sedan product line-up.

Gasgoo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement