Questions about Great Wall cars - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
Vladimir-S

Exclamation Questions about Great Wall cars

Hello!
1) It's very interesting to know about QUALITY of Great Wall Motors pickups and SUVs! Especially from chinese people who can use them in their motherland. Do you like them? Do you use them?
2) What is really better Great Wall trucks (SUV) or ZX Auto Admirals?
3) What can you say about RUST protection on these trucks?
4) Do you know any common problems with these trucks (for example: engine, rust, ...)
5) Crash tests!!! Any PHOTOs of crash accidents are highly wellcome!!!

Your information wil be very usefull for all russian owners of Great Wall cars! I'll post it in Russian forums!

If you can tell much information - please tell it!
Any opinions are wellcome.
Vladimir-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
pokershark

Currently Great Wall Motors is much more common and more reputable than Zhongxing (zxauto) , GWM is also growing much faster and selling more abroad
pokershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
Warren2

Default About Antonov transmissions

Does Anybody have information what is the status of GWM and the interest from GWM for the Antonov Automatic Transmissions.

For more info see message below about the interest of GWM in the interes tin the Antonov Transmisson technology.
================================================== =======
Update to Option Agreement
26 January 2006
Following the announcement on the 9 January 2006 that it had granted an Option Agreement to Great Wall Motor Company Limited (“GWM”), the Board of Antonov plc, the automotive technology company, is pleased to provide additional information relating to this Agreement.

Under the terms of the Option Agreement, GWM may, at any time prior to the expiration of the six month period, enter into a Licence Agreement for the Company’s six speed automatic transmission patents. The terms of the Licence Agreement will be negotiated reasonably to the satisfaction of GWM.

During the period of the Option Agreement, Antonov will work with GWM to create a full business plan for the transmission development and production launch. Antonov will also create transmission designs to GWM’s specifications.

GWM is one of the largest pick-up truck and SUV manufacturers in China. It currently has production capacity for 170,000 vehicles and 200,000 engines a year at its state-of-the-art facility in Baoding. In its last reported full-year figures, revenue was RMB 3,184,614,000. Profit before tax was RMB 552,969,000.

Mr Wei, Chairman of GWM, commented:

“We are very pleased to have this opportunity to strengthen our involvement with Antonov and the Company’s six speed automatic transmission patents. The collaboration is of great significance to both parties.”

John Moore, CEO of Antonov, commented:

As already announced, this is a significant step towards the production application of our six speed automatic transmission technology. The sale of the Option will facilitate our support for GWM and demonstrates their commitment to develop an independent transmission manufacturing capability in China. As a profitable and independent manufacturer, they are uniquely placed to progress this opportunity rapidly and effectively.”
Warren2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
Windy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir-S
Hello!
1) It's very interesting to know about QUALITY of Great Wall Motors pickups and SUVs! Especially from chinese people who can use them in their motherland. Do you like them? Do you use them?
3) What can you say about RUST protection on these trucks?
4) Do you know any common problems with these trucks (for example: engine, rust, ...)
5) Crash tests!!! Any PHOTOs of crash accidents are highly wellcome!!!

Your information wil be very usefull for all russian owners of Great Wall cars! I'll post it in Russian forums!

If you can tell much information - please tell it!
Any opinions are wellcome.
Hello Vladimir-S,

Here are some pictures of the GWM Vargas achiving Euro NCAP 4 standard (not an official NCAP test though):

More pictures here: http://auto.people.com.cn/GB/1049/4257163.html

GWM have a forum where they answer quetions here: http://www.gwm.com.cn/html/06_cczy/b200206a.htm

And Great Wall General Manager Wang Feng Ying (Yes-a female in charge of the company) recently answered a load of questions online, you can watch here:
Http://auto.people.com.cn/GB/51661/51667/61703/index.html
and some pictures:
http://auto.people.com.cn/GB/14556/4276009.html

OK -I don't expect you will understand the text or interview but thought I would post it for those that can and maybe they will post up anything relevant which they find. Its good to see a company that takes an interest in its customers.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
Vladimir-S

Thanks a lot, Windy!
I don't understand chinese language at all - but pictures will be very usable!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #6
firefox

It's hard to tell but most people would prefer GW to ZX. Frankly speaking, ZX is a brand that not a lot of people know, GW isn't a house-hold name neither but it's getting better and better. My mother has a colleague who owns a GW deer for at least 5 years and he seems to be quite satisfied with this truck today although he had little trust in this brand when he was making his decision to buy it. The only thing that attracted him at the moment was its low price. However, I think GW today is doing a good job and will hopefully grow into a important competitor in the auto market. Personally I hope so.

As to ZhongXing, I don't really know much about it so I can't provide much information.

In fact, most pick-up makers in China are located in Hebei Province like GW, ZX.....I can name quite a few! As they are from the same place, more importantly as they offered at beginning almost the same makes and none of them had a reputable brand, so for a while, I just called them ''Hebei carmakers'' for short.

As one thing in common, all these manufacturers began their business with small capital and with little help from government which differ from such state owned companies as FAW and SAIC. Today, Some of them survived while most of them disppeared after 2 or 3 years's struggle in the business. Amongst all these makers, GW has got the best brand recognition and is without doubt the leader while all the others seem to have little difference to most Chinese. ZX may be better but still NOT as good as GW, that's sure!

XinKai is a very good exemple of those small ''Hebei carmakers'' on which people have little impression. I've just heard about it maybe once so I was quite surprised to learn it was exporting vehicles to Russia while I wasn's surprised at all that the Russian importer stopped the contract because of its poor quality. All these ''Hebei carmakers'' eager to export their cars coz they are trying all possibilities to survive in the competition. On the other hand, only such competition could make a company strong, that's also why I think GW has a big potentiel to succeed.

Nice to meet you Vladimir! I'm very glad to share my opinions of Chinese cars with you. You know I was so so surprised when I happened to see a Chinese car last time when I was in Sheremetyevo.

Last edited by firefox; 04-20-2006 at 07:04 PM.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:19 AM   #7
Vladimir-S

Firefox, thanks for the really great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox
My mother has a colleague who owns a GW deer for at least 5 years and he seems to be quite satisfied with this truck today although he had little trust in this brand when he was making his decision to buy it. The only thing that attracted him at the moment was its low price.
This case is very close to my case too. In our family we decide to buy a good NEW FOREIGH car for the first time. And spend large amount of money. For the 1st time we decided to buy FordFocus sedan, but my father (the user of new car) was very impressed of an advertisment of LARGE "cheap" car. It's kind of dreams comes true!!!
So we went to see Great Wall in auto-shop. But we did't like it for after 1st visit - quality wasn't good (shortly - car looked like used, not new). But for the 2nd visit (after 2 months) in another auto-shop we saw Great Wall - and it was relly ANOTHER car! "Shining" with not any defects!

Today our GW truck is about 7-month old and has run 30000km. Everything is very good - not any breakdowns at all (only very very insignificant).

We didn't buy ZX Admiral because it was more expensive, haven't got body (truck) cover (+600...2500$), and have some bad feedbacks in internet forums. And now ZX users have problems with spare parts, they are rare!

So I see that our decision was absolutly right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox
Nice to meet you Vladimir! I'm very glad to share my opinions of Chinese cars with you. You know I was so so surprised when I happened to see a Chinese car last time when I was in Sheremetyevo.
Thanks! For me it's really nice to meet you too! I live in the nothern part of Moscow and my parents live near Sheremetyevo. They can almost see this airport from their balcony. Now there are more and more chinese cars in Moscow. I see 1 or 2 everyday!

Last edited by Vladimir-S; 04-21-2006 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
hazik

So you have 2 foreign cars, Ford Focus and Great Wall pickup?
hazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:03 AM   #9
Vladimir-S

No we've got Great Wall pickup only. And an old Mercedes sedan E200 1986.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 AM   #10
SUVdeal

Default Want to import Great Wall cars to Bulgaria

We are car dealing company from Bulgaria interested in importing GWM cars.Could you advice how to get in touch with them?
Thank you
I appreciate your help.
SUVdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement