Great Wall in New Zealand - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
KiwiGuy

Default Great Wall in New Zealand

Right, I've been all over Great Wall since it was first revealed that they would be launching here. Good thing is, it's school holidays down here which mean loads of spare time so I can get down to my Great Wall dealer and get some pics.
Official website: www.greatwallauto.co.nz
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
KiwiGuy

Default Re: Great Wall in New Zealand

Got to see the V240 (Wingle) and SA220 (Sailor) up close and personal today at the local dealership. I quite like the V240 because it looks like no other ute on the market. Also, many other utes don't have leather appointed seats in a ute under $30k. Interestingly enough, there wasn't any suggestion to say that the ute had arrived, rather there were some posters and a single V240 in the showroom plus another V240 outside and an SA220. Is it just me or they really don't seem that excited or happy to show the utes off.
BTW Chinese quality cocerns I think aren't that bigger deal. I saw the interior and they are no worse than any other vehicle on the road (in this country at least).
Old 07-17-2009, 04:59 AM   #3
TonyJZX

from the pictures it looks just as horrible and roughly built as holden rodeo/colorado or isuzu d-max

the d-max has a slightly better interior with EL guages and slightly more modern fittings but they all clearly look like the partying like it's 1999
TonyJZX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #4
KiwiGuy

Great Wall V240 in New Zealand

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...p-99315869.htm

Great Wall SA220 in New Zealand

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...p-99304853.htm

All images sources from TradeMe online trading site.

Last edited by KiwiGuy; 08-04-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:47 AM   #5
micodelija

they are really nice, great wall now must enter only one market to have selling in whole world, united states and canada
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:20 AM   #6
KiwiGuy

I think it would be a bit opportunistic to enter the US and Canadian markets with these utes. I think Great Wall might have to wait a few years before doing so.
Still, nothing wrong with them here. I read rumours that the Australian dealers were running out of stock because they were selling so fast.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 AM   #7
TonyJZX

i think the V240 has a good chance in American... problem is they love big petrol engines over there and I don't think the Chevy Colorado is a good seller either (too small for americans?)

to be in with a chance they need a 4.0 litre v6 and say a 4.7 litre v8 with decent technology like MPFI and even quad cam 32 valves

in australia we get the 3.2 or 3.5 litre v6 and it's underpowered IMO
Old 08-06-2009, 04:48 AM   #8
micodelija

I think that those engines can be a plus for a great wall at american market because everybody else offer only "big block" engines, I am sure that you all know story with honda civic when this car enter US market, 4 cyl, small power but low fuel consuption and american cusomer like it, maybe this is a chance for gwm in this time of global financial chrisis to make a good result at US,great wall is developing the new 3.0 v6 engine with 220 HP, so maybe it will be used for us market, still there i don't have any confirmation from gwm about that

for australia and new zelands, i know that people there love big suv, jeeps and pick up's, but i am sure that people there also take care about their money and I am really doubt that some car have cheaper maintance then great wall, sample here in Croatia, service for nissan, mitsubishi, isuzu or other is over 50% higher then for gwm and this is also very important when cuustomers are deciding to buy a new vehicle
Old 08-06-2009, 04:52 AM   #9
micodelija

here i got one photo when i buy a wingle, a hover is near, now this wingle have over 60000 km but this is diesel engine

Last edited by micodelija; 04-29-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #10
TonyJZX

people who buy these big trucks like to show off... actually there's a story in the newspapers where most of the builders and professional tradesman actually buy vans or the 2wd car type utes like the Ford Falcon and Commodore

in fact one of the biggest sellers in australia is the $50k SS ute and the Falcon XR6 utes

these are a 6.0 litre GM LS3 250kW/330hp V8 or a 5.4 litre Ford V8 or a 245kW 4.0 litre turbocharged DOHC 24v straight six

obviously these are very very fast trucks... but since we pay about $1.20 for petrol and we are a relatively rich nation we don't care

the reviews of the Isuzu trucks are mixed - the tray is too small and the back seat is too small

if you wanna see try www.isuzuute.com.au

They start at $35k.

these are the best of the Isuzu ute we get here. If you wanna spend a lot more you can buy a Toyota Hilux or Mitsubishi Triton but these are into the $50,000 range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement