China Car Forums banner

Great Wall Wingle3 and Wingle5

242K views 184 replies 52 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd has introduced "5+1" new models at the Auto Guangzhou exhibition.

Leading the pack is the new self-developed Wingle pickup truck. Its name comes from the combination of Wind and Eagle. It features an electronically-controlled common-rail diesel engine, developed in conjunction with Bosch.

The new turbo-diesel powertrain, dubbed the Intec complies with Euro III emission standards and has a maximum torque of 225 Nm between 1600-2600 rpm range.

The Intec engine will also be available in the Hover CUV.

Other new models included the Hover Pi, a stretched version of the Hover CUV with luxury equipment. The first Hover Pi was built for Fidel Castro.

See less See more
#3 ·
Wingle graphic and Pi

The Wingle is apparently GWM's big splash at Guangzhou. This might be a good model to pilot the US market entry providing it combines good fuel economy with decent heavy duty performance. Maybe GWM will follow the precedent set by Toyota and Datsun in the 70's when they offered (4x2) pickups that were more affordable than many sedans.

Here are photos of the Hover Pi model presented to Fidel.

Attachments

#5 ·
dragin said:
The Wingle is apparently GWM's big splash at Guangzhou. This might be a good model to pilot the US market entry providing it combines good fuel economy with decent heavy duty performance. Maybe GWM will follow the precedent set by Toyota and Datsun in the 70's when they offered (4x2) pickups that were more affordable than many sedans.

Here are photos of the Hover Pi model presented to Fidel.
The SUV limo is the Pi?

then what is the pic above originally posted?

#8 ·
AXLE said:
I retract my negative comment. I think it looks okay... its just that photo is crap. Here are some actual photos...
This is what the front end is actually from, the VW Magellan SUV concept....
:nono: What a lazy effort by the Great Wall Motor. It doesn't hurt to use some ingenuity, you know.

#11 ·
two things here

first: the name or code on the back, being i think cc1031ps60. i know its a code name, but we dont need a bar code number name stuff, code names like m14, b21 etc etc is good enough so ppl in this forum could acturally know what m14 means when i say m14. one day i would be talking to my friends saying "hey did you check out the new cc1031ps60 that just came out?"

second: i thought the new honda ridgeline looks like a tadpole, but when i saw this then i know what a tadpole car looks like.

#17 ·
It really actually makes me upset, because I know of dozens (actually more) of designers who would design for free or next to free, just to get one of their designs made. And they have a LOT of talent.

It's a complete waste. These companies can go and get real (and real good) designers to design some very nice looking vehicles for nothing, and they just copy other cars already in existance.

I'm going to stop there, before I get into insults or something..... :cursing:

#18 ·
Colvindesing WAIT !!!!

Remember, the exit to this companies in China ,to star the bussinees cars, was to buy to big brands the boddys (example:Toyota, ISUZU) and do the cars. I thinks in the future, they are going to do your own desing. But in your way you have the reason. Regards, :thumb: Dennis Juan Sanabria

#19 ·
I completely understand the reasoning behind the way it has been done before.

It is time for it to change.

Now this sort of thing is going to be a black eye on the Chinese auto-industry for a long time, until we see the end of it.

There is no reason at all why this pick-up could not have an original design. They paid people to make the molds and make the prototype pieces, most likely from pictures, they could have had someone give them free design work and could have done the same work from drawings, and had something original.

There is no excuse for it.

#20 ·
gr8 said:
...one day i would be talking to my friends saying "hey did you check out the new cc1031ps60 that just came out?"...
I was thinking the same thing :lol:

The front end styling HAS to be "licensed" from VW, right?!?!?! It looks identical to that VW concept!!! Does anyone know???

Even if it was a ligit license, like someone said, PLEASE just come up with an original design already. It doesn't have to be totally weird or ground breaking, just handsome and inoffensive, and most importantly, not an EXACT copy of someone else's!

With a more macho, robust styling, I can see this PU totally take off in the US. There is really no small PU anymore in the US! The sub 13K PU market has no players! Tons of folks would line up for a very nicely equipped 4 door PU for under 15K. I would. (and the tolerance for minor quality flaws is higher in PU too.)

#23 ·
the pick up have new 2.8 common rail engine with 95 HP and 225 NM,adopted to euro 3 emissions,the engine is most basic in mitsubihsi engines,have the GT honeywell turbo in it and bosch electronic common rail sistem

i drive the wingle,it goes just fine and i was pretty suprised

#24 ·
Weld quality

Here's a contradiction that baffles me.

One photo shows Great Wall's very advanced robotics line for frame welding.

The other shows a weld under the bed of the Wingle pickup, that doesn't reflect the quality one expects from a robot.

Is the robotics line for models other than Wingle???

Attachments

#25 ·
the hover and wingle comes from new factory,and have the new robotics production,i don't see what it's the problem on that picture,because wingle is working vehicle,not passenger car...i see on other vehicles like mazda b2500 or nissan navara,or mitsubishi...they aren't so much better,escpecially the cargo from new toyota hilux,i know that wingle can't compare still with them but wingle isnt a bad car because of that,the chasis is very strong and i see when i was in company what that vehicle can do