China Car Forums banner

Great Wall Wingle3 and Wingle5

242K views 184 replies 52 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd has introduced "5+1" new models at the Auto Guangzhou exhibition.

Leading the pack is the new self-developed Wingle pickup truck. Its name comes from the combination of Wind and Eagle. It features an electronically-controlled common-rail diesel engine, developed in conjunction with Bosch.

The new turbo-diesel powertrain, dubbed the Intec complies with Euro III emission standards and has a maximum torque of 225 Nm between 1600-2600 rpm range.

The Intec engine will also be available in the Hover CUV.

Other new models included the Hover Pi, a stretched version of the Hover CUV with luxury equipment. The first Hover Pi was built for Fidel Castro.

See less See more
#80 · (Edited)
Great Wall Steed (Wingle) launch activity in Italy.

At the end of 2008, Eurasia Motor, Great Wall Motor distributor in Italy held the "Great Wall Steed launch activity" in Italy, bringing a great influence in the auto industry around the country and the over the European market.

The event mainly includes two parts: Steed test drive and Press conference. Eurasia Motor invited many famous and professional journalists for the test drive and press conference.

At the press conference, they introduced the Steed video, in which Vice President of Great Wall Motor Company Ltd. Introduced Great Wall Motor briefly. To some extent, the conference changed the European media’s attitude to the Chinese brand, especially to the Chinese auto industry.

During the test drive, Eurasia used several Steed models and a few Hover CUV models. Steed performs very well under many bad road conditions, such as the snowy road, rugged country road and so on. Steed is also a good helper in the grape yard with its powerful engine and spacious room.

Meanwhile, in order to highlight the Chinese culture, Eurasia Motor sticked several Chinese characters on the vehicles, which impressed the media deeply.

source: GWM

#81 · (Edited)
Prime Minister of Vanuatu selected a GW Wingle.

On 16 February, Mr. Hon Edward Nipake Natapei, Prime Minister of Vanuatu and Minister of Justice Department purchased a GW Wingle in GWM showroom located in Vila port, the Capital of Vanuatu. This Wingle will be used in the Prime Minster's daily life.

Vanuatu is in the southwest of Pacific, covering an area of only 3947 square kilometers. However, the competition is very severe in the auto market. Currently, 7 Japanese auto brands including Toyota, as well as 4 Korean auto brands including Hyundai already exist in Vanuatu. In 2007, cooperating with the local distributor-Pacific Autronics, GWM entered the market. Today, 58 units GW vehicles were sold here, amongst of which, 19 units are wingle.

GW Wingle was launched in 2007. Thanks to its unique design concept and stylish appearance as well, Wingle becomes the example in the domestic pickup line. It is also popular in the global market. More than 10,000 units Wingle were exported to the world in 2008.

So far, the GW pickup population in the 128 countries and regions is up to 200,000 units. As the largest Chinese pickup exporter, Great Wall Motor Company Limited has maintained the No. 1 export brand in the domestic pickup line for 10 years in a row.

source: GWM

#91 ·
Re: GWM STEED (wingle)

Enrico said:
Veramente molto bello...anche tu sei un appassionato di GWM in italia...io ho un Hover Sport SL, finora 23.000 km e tutto ok!!1

Io abito in provincia di udine e tu?
Ciao Enrico,

ho scoperto questo forum e mi sono innamorato subiti degli argomenti.
io abito in provincia di brescia e conosco bene gli importatori.
so che sono in arrivo delle importanti novita' x il motor shoow.
ci sentiamo alla prossima.
cordiali saluti Luigi.

#93 ·
Re: GWM STEED (wingle)

Luigi Italy said:
Ciao Enrico,

ho scoperto questo forum e mi sono innamorato subiti degli argomenti.
io abito in provincia di brescia e conosco bene gli importatori.
so che sono in arrivo delle importanti novita' x il motor shoow.
ci sentiamo alla prossima.
cordiali saluti Luigi.

Ciaoi Luigi, scusa il ritardo nella risposta ma non mi ero accorto che avevi scritto...tra ferie e rientro al lavoro ho avuto poco tempo per navigare da queste parti.
Sarei curioso di scoprire le novità attese per il motor show (sfortunatamente GW manca da un paio d'anni). E non ti nascondo che avrei piacere di conoscere gli importatori per esprimere loro i miei complimenti per l'ottimo lavoro....

a presto

#94 ·
Re: Great Wall Wingle

Is there any info on the Wingle with the camper on it, I see part of the camper to one side in some of the photos of the Wingle.

What is peoples thoughts on the 2.4l Mitsubishi petrol engine, these look like a nice truck to me

#97 ·
#98 · (Edited)

i think that test wasn't performed well, because i also have a wingle and my wingle have installed all equipment like sensors for seatbelt and other, maybe this is a differences between models which are sold in europe and in australia, also you shold read more topics before post something like this, you have topic great wall in australia where we discuss about it

#99 ·

Oh cool, I'll have to look for the Great Wall Australia thread/topic then. As to the seat belts I thought they were fixed under warranty in a recall here to the affected models ?

From what I read of the ANCAP testing and the one off faults the saftey rating should really be 3 star I think. Either way it's pretty much on par with most commerical utes/4x4's.

Why do we all rely on safer cars to be the answer, we really should look at better driver training. Most fatal accidents invole someone driving in a unsafe manner or speeding most the time.

#100 · (Edited)
Re: Crash-test Great Wall Wingle/Steed FAIL!

Helios said:
2 Stars (16,49 points out of total 37) ANCAP.

Two pillows shoot, but from the terrible blows of the driver and passenger of the front panel is not saved. The reason is that the reel seat belt is not trivial stalled.

Video --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cLz0fUVNnc
Text --- http://carlifeblog.ru/2010/01/13/great-wall-wingle-provalil-krash-test/ (RUS)

:nono: :nono: :nono:
I think the Wingle is based on Isuzu D-Max. The D-Max got 1.5 stars from EuroNCAP, so I guess result of D-Max and result of Wingle are similar.

#101 ·

http://www.ancap.com.au/results/300/

3 stars. The D-Max 4x4 scored 5.4 out of 16 in the offset crash test. The passenger compartment held its shape reasonably well. Protection from serious chest injury was poor for the driver and weak for the passenger. Leg protection was marginal for the driver.
The vehicle was awarded a default score of 16 out of 16 in the side impact crash test.

#102 · (Edited)

Thanks to add link and informations.

D-Max 4x4

Wingle/V240

http://www.ancap.com.au/results/338/
http://www.ancap.com.au/results/343/

2 Stars. The V240 scored 2.36 out of 16 in the offset crash test. The passenger compartment did not hold its shape well. Protection from serious head and leg injury was poor for the driver. There was marginal protection for the head of the passenger and chest of the driver. The passenger seat belt failed during the offset crash test. Even if the passenger results had been better the driver's score would have still limited the V240 to a 2-star rating.

The vehicle was awarded a default score of 16 out of 16 in the side impact crash test. However, the low offset score meant that the vehicle was limited to a 2 star rating and an overall score of 16.49 (the maximum available for a 2 star rating).