China Car Forums banner

Great Wall Wingle3 and Wingle5

242K views 184 replies 52 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd has introduced "5+1" new models at the Auto Guangzhou exhibition.

Leading the pack is the new self-developed Wingle pickup truck. Its name comes from the combination of Wind and Eagle. It features an electronically-controlled common-rail diesel engine, developed in conjunction with Bosch.

The new turbo-diesel powertrain, dubbed the Intec complies with Euro III emission standards and has a maximum torque of 225 Nm between 1600-2600 rpm range.

The Intec engine will also be available in the Hover CUV.

Other new models included the Hover Pi, a stretched version of the Hover CUV with luxury equipment. The first Hover Pi was built for Fidel Castro.

See less See more
#128 ·
Re: Great Wall Wingle

micodelija said:
hi trevor and welcome to the forum
yes i have lpg sistem on my hover (x240), it have 4g64 engine which is mainly indetical to 4g69 which is used in v240, you can "surf" thru the forum, i put so many photos of my car there, if you can't find i can post some photos again

i use italian AG LPG sistem, it's very good and my car passed for now with it over 100.000 km, i have bottle on chasis which is 70 liters capacity, sistem is regular for mpi engines, so it work without any problems
Thank you again for your most informative information.GWM Aust. say that I must not fit LPG because it will viod the warranty.Was your warranty altered or
didn't you fit LPG until after the time period.
thank you again Regards Trevor

#129 ·

micodelija said:
...... i have lpg sistem on my hover (x240),......

i use italian AG LPG sistem, it's very good and my car passed for now with it over 100.000 km, i have bottle on chasis which is 70 liters capacity, sistem is regular for mpi engines, so it work without any pWroblems
Hi Micodelija:
You say that the LPG system is very good and I'm sure that it is economical to run.
But can you comment about the disadvantages of it, when compared to the petrol model?
We have all heard about things like starting problems under certain weather conditions, lack of power, etc.. Could you elaborate on your opinion of the performance.
Thanks

#130 ·

first of all most important is to pick quality LPG sistem, you have many italians and other makers, like lovato, landi renzo, tommaseto, brc,omvl and others, there is also good and quality dutch model prince or AG

also very important is that when you choose the LPG sistem, you must choose a right one for your engine specifications, many times because it's cheaper people choose a wrong sistem for their car, so they are having problems

there is no any problems with lpg during any weather conditions, this should not have any effect, my car work fine during hot summer or cold winter, no matter what, problem can be if you don't have regular maintance, mainly you must check the ECU of lpg to check the parameters and replace the filter for it, also you can use aditives which can provide better work of your lpg injectors

there is a small lost on power, mainly in acceleration of car, also fuel consuption is little bit higher when you compare it with driving on gasoline, but cost is cheaper, so there is still room for benefit, also my car didn't lost anything on driving skills, i can drive 180 km/h on highway on lpg, the same like on gasoline

here is just a sample, we have put some lovato lpg sistem on hover, but it didn't work so good on cars, car was much slower and there was problem with too big consuption of lpg, then we try to omvl and landi renzo sistems, car work much better, because they offer more expensive sistem which is better adopted to our engines, the same is with BRC, many models of GWM in italy have BRC sistem and work very good, most important is to buy a sistem which is best to your engine specification, and you must have a service in which you can thrust that they will told you good information, not just one to sold you the sistem,no, important is that the sistem which you buy is approved by manifacture for the engine, usually you can also find a list of engines which is supported

#131 ·

micodelija said:
first of all most important is to pick quality LPG sistem, you have many italians and other makers, like lovato, landi renzo, tommaseto, brc,omvl and others, there is also good and quality dutch model prince or AG

also very important is that when you choose the LPG sistem, you must choose a right one for your engine specifications, many times because it's cheaper people choose a wrong sistem for their car, so they are having problems

there is no any problems with lpg during any weather conditions, this should not have any effect, my car work fine during hot summer or cold winter, no matter what, problem can be if you don't have regular maintance, mainly you must check the ECU of lpg to check the parameters and replace the filter for it, also you can use aditives which can provide better work of your lpg injectors

there is a small lost on power, mainly in acceleration of car, also fuel consuption is little bit higher when you compare it with driving on gasoline, but cost is cheaper, so there is still room for benefit, also my car didn't lost anything on driving skills, i can drive 180 km/h on highway on lpg, the same like on gasoline

here is just a sample, we have put some lovato lpg sistem on hover, but it didn't work so good on cars, car was much slower and there was problem with too big consuption of lpg, then we try to omvl and landi renzo sistems, car work much better, because they offer more expensive sistem which is better adopted to our engines, the same is with BRC, many models of GWM in italy have BRC sistem and work very good, most important is to buy a sistem which is best to your engine specification, and you must have a service in which you can thrust that they will told you good information, not just one to sold you the sistem,no, important is that the sistem which you buy is approved by manifacture for the engine, usually you can also find a list of engines which is supported
Thank you for the information Regards Trevor TR090

#132 ·

For the Aussie's interested in LPG this is the only system I know of approved for use on the V240 (wingle) in Australia currently.

http://www.australianlpgwarehouse.com.au/Latest-News/The-Great-Wall-V240.aspx

Can't tell you anything about quality or how well the V240 runs with it as I haven't heard anyone using LPG on them here yet. As to your new car warranty you will have to take that up with your Great Wall dealer.

But it shouldn't void a warranty, if you have something brake or fault directly because of the LPG unit or installation then Great Wall doesn't need to cover it but maybe the LPG installer/company will cover it if it's related to their work. If you really want to know if your covered or not check with your local comsumer rights authority

#133 ·

Thanks for the feedback about the LPG Micodelija. I wonder why Chinese manufacturers are not doing more to promote it, since it seems the environment-focused government would support its development.
So far the only manufacturer who has seriously promoted LPG, that I know of, is Geely in its Vision LPG model.

#137 ·

Just wondering if anyone has any information on the front and rear differential's and axle splines in the Wingle with the 2.4L gasoline motor? I'd really like to see if there is any diff locks that will fit this pickup.

I have seen short video's of the Hover with diff locks, awesome traction.

#138 ·

Hi V240

the front axle should be an isuzu 10 bolts 17 splines, and the rear a toyota 8" with 45mm bearing 30 splines.

For the rear you can fit almost anything, but i recommand a detroit truetrac, really a nice diff.

For the front..you don't have much choice, maybe ARB or a company in the US get custom made autolocker, but...on an all rounder i would not go that way, just a treutrac in the rear.

#139 · (Edited)

Thanks Syche,

Being a IFS vehicle I'd really like to do the front as well if I can find anything to fit it as it's very easy to lift a wheel. I think the vids I saw of a Hover with a diff lock was the Truetrac, and if I can afford them would be my first choice. I'm also looking at some local made auto lockers here in Australia which are alot cheaper than the Detroits.

#140 ·

Hi I am from Rarotonga, Cook Islands and I purchased a Greatwall Wingle (Brand New) from our Cook Islands Greatwall Distributor 2 and a half years ago (Raro Cars, Avarua, Rarotonga). Just after the 1 year warranty expired, we have been having so many problems with the truck. We have had to replace so many parts in such a short life time of the vehicle. Is anyone able to tell me how I can make contact with the actual people who manufacture these trucks as I have been searching for so long to try and make contact with them but have had no luck.