China Car Forums banner

Great Wall Wingle3 and Wingle5

242K views 184 replies 52 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd has introduced "5+1" new models at the Auto Guangzhou exhibition.

Leading the pack is the new self-developed Wingle pickup truck. Its name comes from the combination of Wind and Eagle. It features an electronically-controlled common-rail diesel engine, developed in conjunction with Bosch.

The new turbo-diesel powertrain, dubbed the Intec complies with Euro III emission standards and has a maximum torque of 225 Nm between 1600-2600 rpm range.

The Intec engine will also be available in the Hover CUV.

Other new models included the Hover Pi, a stretched version of the Hover CUV with luxury equipment. The first Hover Pi was built for Fidel Castro.

See less See more
#155 ·
Re: Great Wall Wingle

Anyone know what the 2.4 MPI Petrol motor on the steed is like. Looking at maybe getting one. also what is the fuel consumption like?
it's mitsubishi engine, 4g69, work very well, have 93 kw, which is more then enough,fuel consumption is between 9 and 12 liters, depend of driving, is it city our suburb, also you can very easy install LPG system

#157 ·

yes....italian importer have very good promotion and advertising, especially in sport, however brescia was relegated this year in serie B, pitty, but I hope that they will continue to promote cars thru football, cars and football always goes together :thumb:

#163 ·

Hi All

I went to my local dealer where i bought my Hover, he says he is not quite sure but it should come out in october or november, let see:).

By the way, i tried the wingle 5 with 2.8l comonrail and normal injection pump, they are both kind of lazy for 2.8L td.

They seems based on the isuzu 4jb1t just some slight evolution of it.

Does anyone have tried some chip tunning for the comonrail version? Should be possible to get descent power out of it?:rolleyes:

#168 ·
hi, i'm saffara from malaysia, i bought myself a brand new wingle 5 august last year (2012) and driving it everyday to work. But recently my wheels are out of alignment. i took it to 5 wheel alignment shop already but the problem still not fixed.

those shop use computerized alignment system. problem is, none of the shop has the data for wingle 5 wheel alignment, so they use isuzu's d-max data instead as they said wingle 5's undercarriage are very similar to dmax. but this never solve my wingle 5 wheel alignment problem..

so, if anybody here can provide me the data (specifications; such as caster angle, camber angle, toe in/out etc) for wingle 5 wheel alignment, i'll be very thankful.. cheers.. thanks.

-saffara-

#171 · (Edited)
Malaysian distributor of GW vehicles presented special version of locally assembled Wingle named Wingle 5 Premium X:
http://paultan.org/2013/09/06/great-wall-wingle-5-premium-x-debuts-rm69k/

Many items visible at show car such as black 16-inch wheels, aggressive off-road rear bumper and a pair of Hella spotlights are part of Premium X optional extra equipment. But even the basic car is loaded with equipment (leather seats, reverse sensor, alarm system, front nudge bar, sports bar over the rear deck and aluminium side step bars for example)