China Car Forums banner

Great Wall Haval (Hover) H3

255K views 196 replies 57 participants last post by  dragin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#27 ·
GWM Hover passed chilean safety and emission laws

The Hover has been cleared by the 3CV, the Chilean Government agency wich certifies the safety and emission regulations in Chile.

The tested models were the 2.4 petrol engine, with manual transmission and 4x2 - 4x4 versions. The Hover passed the Euro III standard with the following emission figures:

CO = 1,72
HC = 0,13
NOx = 0,07

The chilean distribuitor of GWM, hopes to launch the Hover in January 2007.

The Hover is the third chinese car approved by the Chilean Government after the Shanghai GM Sail (sold in Chile as Chevrolet Corsa Plus) and the Shuanghuan Sceo (sold in Chile from January 2007 as Autorrad Sceo).

#30 ·
What a disappointment!

I would have thought CCTV would have rewarded a manufacturer of a self-developed model like those produced by Chang'an, Hafei, etc.. These brave companies deserve recognition for their willingness to break away from the pack, and risk failure (like good capitalists are supposed to do).

After all the Hover is nothing but a warmed over Isuzu Axiom/Toyota 4Runner clone. The name "Safe" fits it best.

#31 ·
micodelija said:
hover intec engine have 70 kw at 3600 rmp or 94 ps
225 nm (1600-2600 rmp)
7.2 fuel consuption at 90 km/h
150 km/h availble
turbo GT 22
bosch edc 16 and cr 2.0 common rail sistem
soon i will have test model
I drive a 2005 gw sailor, gas engine. the carnage at the pumps had turned my interest to the same model in diesel. however the brand new thing was so loud and annoying that i chose the gas version. is this new engine any quieter than the 2.8D that is present inthe 2005 sailor & Deer p/ups.

#37 ·
As far as I concern you have to evaluate an engine capacity by the torque, and the Turbo Diesel Hover have a pretty good torque about 220 N.m at 1800-2200 RPM, so I think it would not be the fastest car but the car would move very well with this engine.:thumb:

#38 ·
diesel

hello my friends, i will soon buy a hover with diesel engine for the promotion,black one,here is the picture:

i was pretty intrested in that how that engine doing because of 95 hp but i can tell all of you one thing, that engine goes just fine,i was impressed,you know...95hp??? man ask yourself,but when i drive it it goes a little bit slower than mitsubishi engine, i drive it the most 165 km/h, with gasoline my hover goes 185 km/h,but the most acceptable speed for diesel it between 140-150, you have a truck feeling, also the car when you hit the pedal stick you to the seat with only 95 hp!!! this hover don't have 4x4 stick, he had electric swich, very simple to use it

here is the pictures, from the headquaters in italy, my friends, they have great car saloon,it's big as hell,maybe over 5000 m2,also the picture when you come inside, very nice, that black hover on picture is diesel

#40 ·
Hover was best selling SUV in China in August.

Rank Car model Sales in Aug Car maker

1 Great Wall Hover 5085 Great Wall

2 New CR-V 4950 Dongfeng Honda

3 Tigo 4076 Chery

4 Tucson 3810 Beijing Hyundai

5 Liebao (Mitsubishi Shogun) 1688 Changfeng Motors

6 Prado 1152 FAW-Toyota

7 Chenzhou Jiao 1107 Chenzhou Jiao

8 Jianghuai Ruifeng 1002 Jianghuai Auto

9 Jiangling Landwind 925 Jiangling Landwind

10 Huatai SantaFe 827 Huatai

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.