China Car Forums banner

Li shufu-----on the voyage!!!!!!!!!

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Scania_Fung 
#1 ·

Who are willing to translate it to english?????

See less See more
#3 ·
A Person on a Journey

Who knows how many roads are in front of you?

The sweet and sour, the bitter and hot have already been placed deeply in one's memory.

The early morning's sunlight and the lights of the stars serve as my guide.

Throughout the seasons, I hope I am never far.

Never bow your head, never turn back.

Wipe dry the tears and persist in staying.

Bitterness I must take, I will take.

The roads I must go, they are clear.

Never bow your head, never turn back.

Wipe dry the tears and persist in staying.

I really respect Li Shufu, although I don't really like Geely cars. Hopefully they will improve though. But he came from a poor background, his family was peasants. So he came a long way. Almost all the rich people in China today were from very poor backgrounds. China is full of rags to riches entrepreneurs, it's the Chinese Dream.

#4 ·
my thoughts exactly

Edge, you did a great job in translating such an inspiring poem by Li Shufu.

I share your opinion of Li Shufu as a man, and the current state of his company. The present quality standards, if not improved soon will surely bring it an early demise.

Nowadays Li Shufu dismisses the negative feedback and drives ahead unabashedly. His spirit seems indomitable.

#5 ·
Quote from dragin -

"I share your opinion of Li Shufu as a man, and the current state of his company. The present quality standards, if not improved soon will surely bring it an early demise."

I also agree with the assessment of Li Shufu, his "rags to riches" story is truly inspiring! However, I must add that Geely's quality standards ARE improving - and fairly quick. My first viewing of a Geely in Dec. of 2003 (by that I mean actually going to a showroom and seeing the cars up close) was not a positive experience........poor workmanship, even worse styling (the fake wood grain finish was pretty horrible), 4 speed transmissions, in general just a very unappealing car. Fast forward to 2006...........in just 2 1/2 years Geely has managed to release a dearth of new models (and nice updated versions of the vererable Haoqing) with much better styling, better quality standards, better engines, 5 speed transmissions on almost ALL models (the entry level Haoqing for RMB 29999 is the only model left with a 4 speed), some nice new designs (the MR 12 is a good example of that - cute, good functional features and a VERY competitive price) and in general Geely has managed to update it's image significantly. However, the quest for quality standards is a long one - Geely still does have a lot of room for improvement. My point is that Geely isn't sitting around on their hands and continuing to market a poorly designed, poorly built product - they ARE working hard to improve and the current level of available products are an example of that. A case in point.......many of my friends had the image in their mind that Geely is still a very bad car, but when I took them to the showroom and SHOWED them the new Geelys (like the MR 12 and the Geely GT), their opinion changed - they now see for themselves how much better Geely is getting. Once Geely can change the perception of the general public (i.e the potential customers) I think that Geely will be very successful - much more so than they are now.

Hmmmmmmmmm.........maybe Geely should hire me as their new PR and advirtising person!!:lol:

#7 ·
Actually.......

Hey gr8 -

Hello to you too!! Actually, I am an american who lives in China (for almost 3 years now, I live and work in the city of Nanning, the capital of the Guangxi province)!! I've also been a car enthusiast for years as well (a fun hobby for me outside of my main career as a music teacher......yes, I teach music in China), and I made it a point to get to know the different brands and models of Chinese cars since I live here. As far as Geely fans here in China, they are growing slowly but surely!! Like I said before, Geely was NOT a very good product about 3 years ago............but they have improved A LOT, they have introduced many new models and they have converted me from a Geely CRITIC to a Geely SUPPORTER (hey Geely, are you reading this!?!?!?). IN fact, next month I will finally take the plunge and buy a brand new Geely MR (check out the english version of the Geely website for more info on the MR - www.geely.com)!! I am currently in the process of getting my Chinese driver's license........an interesting adventure. I've driven many of the "small" cars here in China (Xiali, Hafei, the Peugeot 206 and the Geely Haoqing as well as the MR) and for my money I really like Geely - good power, good driveability and I feel comfortable in it. I am choosing the MR because it has more room than the Haoqing, I like the 1.3L engine better than the 1.0L in the Haoqing and I like the more "modern" styling ( a relative term, Geely still needs some work regarding that). All in all a real bargain..........I'll probably add some bigger tires and defintely do a Slick 50 oil treatment when it comes time for the first oil change (and maybe a bit stiffer set of shocks as well), but for the most part it will stay stock. More and more people ARE discovering how much better Geely is now than they used to be - I look for Geely to be a real success in the near future. Their venture into the american auto market IS a bit risky, but they have modest sales goals to start with so I think they can do it.

If Geely was smart, they would hire me to help with their PR or advirtising...how many Chinese car companies have a foreigner DRIVING one of their cars (let alone speaking so positive about them)? :thumb: :lol: We'll see how Geely stands up over the test of time (as far as the car I buy and what it will be like in 2-3 years) but I have faith that it will be fine with no major problems!! Maybe I'll keep a informal posting here on the website - I can call it "The joys (or pitfalls) of owning a Geely"!! I can highlight the good and bad points, any maintinence problems worth mentioning as well as pleasant surprises that pop up from time to time as result of the adventure we all know as "car ownership"!!! Brace yourself Nanning........there is going to be a new "laowei" (foreigner) driving on the streets soon!!!

#9 ·
I'm very weak of english, but I try to translate it

人在旅途
People on the travel
谁知前方有多少条路
No one know how many road we would see in future
甜酸苦辣早已留在记忆深处
sweet,sour,bitter,ruthless(That means happy & sad)was in my remembrance long time
清晨日暮阳光为我引路
the sun told me how should I go

very tired,continue at tomorrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.