Great Wall Wingle3 and Wingle5 - Page 12 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:01 AM   #111
Love Krittaya

Default Re: Great Wall Wingle

Quote:
Originally Posted by micodelija
to me this ncap, ancap, euroncap, cncap or other simply isn't important, because i am sure that nobody buy a car to him with him into wall, also how big is the chance that you will have the same accident like this simulation in your life???
* D-Max is 1.5 stars score in EuroNCAP crash test
* In Thailand, between 2002 and 2009, more than 1,000,000 D-Maxs are sold
* Some D-Maxs have no airbags
(I think) In some countries, its crash test result may not important if the car model is branded with a popular car brandname.
Love Krittaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #112
TonyJZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by V240
I wouldn't say the expectation of workmen is lower at all. Commerical needs are just different in most cases to private, safety is important for everyone.
while this is true in an altruistic sense in the real world, companies will take short cuts on safety if it saves a dollar or if people are buying their own vehicles

i worked for years in construction and companies are loath to pay for $50k Hiluxes if a $30k Holden Rodeo will do just as well

for people like couriers they often use the most unsafe vehicles (like Mitsubishi Express (1 star!) and yet if you buy a $50k Toyota Hiace it isn't much better (3 stars).

The best vehicle is still the 4 star Hyundai iLoad (which is the recommended vehicle by Police and Telstra who have a strong union).

Have a look at how many tradesman pick the cheapest $20k white tray ute because that's all the manufacturers sell.
TonyJZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #113
V240

Anyone know what diff's are used in the V240 (Wingle) and if they are the same as any other ute/cars diffs ? I'm interested to know if there is currently any diff locks that may fit. Would also like to do a 2to 3 inch suspension lift but have no idea what will fit this.

They are still too new in Australia and no-one seems to know much about them.
V240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #114
V240

Not so many people talking about the Wingle now but I did say before I would share photos of mine.

I've had it for 6 months now.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #115
V240

I have made some changes to the car since so this is how it looks on outside now.

Last edited by V240; 07-08-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #116
micodelija

nice photos, really car look ready for the off road , but i have some questions, how did you install that front bullbar, this is not an original, from which vehicle you use it? have you remove front bumper or just cut it out? do you have any problems with cooling now? i see on photo that this bullbar close that air holes in front of the bumper

also i want to know, how did you install the snorkel? universal kit or from other cars like isuzu od toyota?

how many km you pass for now, i got diesel 2.8 version, for almost 2 years now, have over 70000 km with it, without any bigger problems
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #117
V240

Hi Micodelija,

I looked at and read about your Wingle well before I even bought mine. Sadly we don't get the 2.8 diesel here infact theres no deisel for us yet. I've not done much km in mine as I don't drive it all the time, only drive it for offroad or touring holidays, I have about 12,oookm on it I think.

Car goes well and I've not had any real problems, motor is a little underpowered but does ok. The bullbar was made just for this car by a company here in Australia called ECB.

It's made just for the V240 (Wingle) so it fits perfect, cooling system works fine with it even on days I drive over 40 degrees celcius car doesn't get hot at all. You don;t remove all the front bumper/skirt but have to cut part of it off. The bullbar has air vents in front you can see that direct more cool air to the motor. It's a alloy bar in a powder coat finish.

The snorkel is made just for this car also by a different company called AirFlow but they sell them on eBay as well as in shops. I can find a link to website if you like, I think they sell to other countries.

People in Australia still don't think well of these cars but it's changing as they get to knwo them a little. Still a very new car company to us and people are unsure of cars made in China. I try to tell people they are good cars, over here 4x4 vehicles are very popular as it's a big and very harsh country.

I have put in suspension lift and bashplates under the car as well and you can see the rocksliders (steel side steps) and rear bar I had custom made. I hope to one day get a winch and diff lockers to make it a very good car for offroad but have run out of money lol.

I spent lots on doing up the inside of teh car and making other mods to it.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #118
V240

I have a thread on a 4x4 forum with all the things I have done bit by bit with photos and many people seem to like it there now. I hope Great Wall do well in our country, have you had any problems with rust at all on your Wingle ?

If you want to read about what I do to my Wingle have a look here http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/sh...ad.php?t=82207
Old 07-09-2010, 02:43 AM   #119
micodelija

wow, such a great topic, i will join there and share with you all my expiriance, it's such good 4wd forum, i never found such one

for the rust on vehicle, yes i also have but, but not on paint and other just on chasis, so i did complete chasis protection, it's normal for chinese cars, before 2 years ago we deliver to great wall one great sweden protection kit, and now they put it on new models which are exported to italy, also i sow in on the chinese autoshow that new cars have it, but my suggestion to all will be that you did this protection by yourself, like in china, almost every people when in china buy a new car, they put anti-corrosive protection on them
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #120
V240

Look forward to seeing you on there Micodelija, it's a Australian forum but theres no reason people form other countries can't join and share there.

A 4WD is a 4WD no matter where in the world it happens to be lol, lots of great advice and tips for all sorts of things to do with 4WD's and offroading. The forum is run by a 4WD magazine called 4WD Action, great mag to read too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement