Landwind returning to Europe - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Jiangling Motors (JMCG)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:11 AM   #11
erik (laofan), cmvdc

Default Re: Landwind returning to Europe

No, there has not been any crashtest yet.
The German text says:
"Für den EuroNCAP-Crashtest erwartet der Haupthändler 3,5 Sterne."
(The importer EXPECTS 3,5 star for the EuroNCAP.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 03:12 AM   #12
mememe

Can the crashtest be executed in 1 month time ? or Landwind will miss the deadline again.
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #13
Joest

In France, Asie Auto (the Landwind apointed importer) isn't rushing to get the Landwind X-Pedition on the market.
They fear that people might confuse it with the controversial Shuanghuan CEO (because, you know, it's "a chinese SUV".)
Joest is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #14
mememe

^^ good move I'd say
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #15
daewoo-chevrolet

Landwind will finally return on the European car market! Importer Bijvelds will start selling the Fashion as Landwind CV9 in The Netherlands and Belgium from June 2010. Some articles translated with Google Translate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoWeek.nl
Landwind try again

Landwind want summer to end on the Dutch market. This time it is presented in the midi-MPV CV9 brought from China.

Some years ago, tried the Chinese Landwind to get a foothold in Europe. The SUV, which was then fed to an impact test, however, fell through the ice. Despite modifications to the car, did not want more rafts with the brand three years ago and went back Landwind.
Next summer, in the Netherlands and Belgium this CV9 midi-MPV on sale for prices from 14,495 euros. Later, the rest of Europe followed. This year promises Landwind an electrically powered CV9. The model is reminiscent of the fashion that the Landwind first adventure was proposed as a second model after the SUV. Peter Bijvelds importer declares that the above CV9 much money invested in the quality and safety of the car. Including the Van der Valk is a shareholder in his company.
The CV9 has an approval for 27 European countries. In the first full year should be 1500 copies sold. Landwind has 35 dealers in Europe, which together have 45 showrooms.
Source: http://www.autoweek.nl/autonieuws/13...rt-het-opnieuw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTelegraaf.nl
Chinese Landwind back in showroom

The Chinese car manufacturer Landwind comes from back in June on the Dutch market. Thick four years ago, Asians already tried to break pots with a large SUV, but this failed adventure firmly opposed by major problems with the security bots. Now a new attempt was made with only 14,495 euro costing Landwind CV9.

The midi-MPV in China as 'Fashion' is sold in the same segment as the Opel Zafira and Ford C-Max.

According to Peter Bijvelds, through Landwind Motors Corporation Europe import duties for all of Europe, the new CV9 not suffer the same fate as the SUV. "This car is absolutely safe, the false start three years ago, the Chinese learned a lot. Even when Landwind we know that absolute security is a eerste service necessary for Europe to be successful. The CV9 by the German TUV and TNO Automotive in Helmond tested. It shows that he is in a EuroNCAP crash test at least three stars will get. not a ceiling, but enough to get the car absolutely safe to call, "said Bijvelds. CV9 has the default include two airbags, ABS, electronic brake force distribution and seatbelt pretensioners. It comes with a 1.6 petrol or 2.0, respectively 97 and 139 hp delivered.
Source: [url]http://autotelegraaf.nl/autonieuws/6441249/chinese-landwind-terug-in-showroom/[/url

Old 04-03-2010, 05:45 AM   #16
erik (laofan), cmvdc

Is there an EU type approval? Never heart of it.
What about the fact that the CV9 is nearly out of production in China?
(total production 2009: 893 units, January 2010: 41, February: 11)
I have seen the model here shown with Bijleveld already on 25-10-2006 in Erp (Netherlands).
Old 04-03-2010, 05:49 AM   #17
erik (laofan), cmvdc

Here is the photo from my archive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049 (Large).jpg
Views:	267
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1566  
Old 04-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #18
daewoo-chevrolet

It came as a great surprise to me also.
But why do you think the Fashion/CV9 is nearly out of production? Landwind presented the Fashion with new interior in December 2009 according to the Landwind Fashion thread on CCF. And the Fashion have always sold in poor numbers if my figures are correct: 1.048 units in 2008 and 1.654 in 2007, which is not very strange when you see the Chinese prices: it's more expensive than a Nissan Livina and far more expensive than the larger, more decent Jianghuai Heyue RS.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #19
dragin

Laofan is right; it's been around for a long time. Here's an old article from 2006 that differs drastically on price.
I'm guessing that Chang'an has addressed the quality problems that this author, and others, have pointed out.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi..._fashion.html#

As for Bijveld, you have to hand it to him, he doesn't give up easily. Something Chang'an must be glad about.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
daewoo-chevrolet

The Dutch sister of the AutoBild group (AutoExpress is also a member of the AutoBild group), AutoWeek, was more positive about the Fashion/CV9: http://www.autoweek.nl/rijimpressie/...ndwind-Fashion
Translated: http://translate.google.nl/translate...on&sl=nl&tl=en

Price comparison based on the Dutch prices with its cheapest competitors:
Dacia Logan MCV 1.6 64 kW/87 hp from € 12.390
Dacia Logan MCV 1.6 16V 77 kW/105 hp from € 14.190

Fiat Doblò 1.4 16v 70 kW/95 hp from € 17.295
Landwind CV9 1.6 71 kW/97 hp from € 14.495
Renault Kangoo 1.6 16V 90 64 kW/87 hp from € 15.990

Seat Altea 1.4 (63 kW/85 hp) from € 17.595
Seat Altea XL Stationwagon 1.4 (63 kW/85 hp) from € 18.995

Skoda Roomster 1.4 (63 kW/86 hp) from € 17.990

Advertisement