CHAMCO and Zhongxing cooperation - Page 4 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Zhongxing (ZX Auto)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #31
Rock-N-Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringIt
The Isuzu is a Chevy/GMC knockoff, so no one in their right mind would buy a Chevy re-badged as an Isuzu (it's like a downgrade) .
No, Isuzu made these for years for GM, who re-badged them

Quote:
The 25% truck tariff only applies to 2 door single cab trucks (I'm pretty sure of it).
Nope. All trucks.

Quote:
So one more time - I think compact pickup is the easiest segment to enter first and I gave my reasons. Which segment do you think would be easier or more ideal? Please provide your reasons and rationale.
Mid-sized trucks, semi-completed, finished in the states. 4% tariff on un-finished vehicles.
Rock-N-Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #32
Hudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-N-Roll
No, Isuzu made these for years for GM, who re-badged them
The Chevrolet LUV was a rebadged Isuzu pickup, but all GM pickups sold in the US since 1983 have been produced in GM plants.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #33
WuzhengNA

Just an FYI for this brand

http://www.chamcoauto.com/
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2006, 11:42 AM   #34
BringIt

Not to argue with anyone, but can someone cite the source on the 25% US tariff on imported trucks? I swear I read it somewhere and it only applies to single cab trucks.

So Range Rovers, Toyota Landcruisers, Porsche, and any other imports EPA or the gov label as "trucks" get this tariff? How does it work? I'd really like to know.
BringIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #35
Hudson

Range Rovers, Land Cruisers, and Cayennes are SUVs. Being four-door SUVs, they side-step the law. There was a time when regulators made a differentiation between a 2-door SUV and a 4-door SUV where the 2-door models were trucks and the 4-door models were "passenger cars," but Nissan sued and won making all SUVs "passenger cars" under the law.

Pickups of all bodystyles (as long as they have an open bed) are "trucks" and fall under the "chicken tax." I'm not sure how the law treats vans (specifically Kia, Hyundai, and Mazda minivans) since it was originally established to punish Germany who was exporting Volkswagen vans to the US.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #36
BringIt

So anything with an "open" bed? How about a truck with a removable "camper"? A lot of folks add them to their trucks to enclose the bed, after market parts of course.

Maybe making the removable "camper" standard? The 1st gen 4 Runner by Toyota had this exact feature, so did some Ford Bronco.

Sounds like a pretty easy law to "bypass". The law is probably against WTO regulations, but no one has yet to complain
BringIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #37
Hudson

The actual regulation may not say "bed" but may refer to an opening from the passenger area to the cargo compartment. If you made a Bronco/4Runner-like vehicle, that would be an SUV. I do recall Subaru creating the BRAT with the jump seats in the bed to make it a passenger car and not a truck, therefore evading the tariff.

The "chicken tax" only applies to countries that the US does not have trade agreements with. If you were to build a truck in countries like Chile or Israel or the Dominican Republic, your vehicle would be exempt. Australia and Thailand have been working on similar agreements (the former may already exist).
Old 12-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #38
4*real*Made_in_China

when do you think that they'll go to the US?
4*real*Made_in_China is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #39
god_bless_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash
Risky Proposition
Chinese car uncertified for U.S. sales, but dealers sought
dont count your chickens before your eggs are hatched.

what if the chinese cars takes years to certify (if ever ), the dealers will get a raw deal, the aggro and the agony
god_bless_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #40
cruiser88

why does china feel the need to make a land cruiser clone,built your own rig,are they kidding its junk
cruiser88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement