CHAMCO and Zhongxing cooperation - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Zhongxing (ZX Auto)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #11
ash
CCF Mod

Default Zhongxing uncertified for U.S. sales, but dealers sought

Risky Proposition
Chinese car uncertified for U.S. sales, but dealers sought

By ALYSHA WEBB | AUTOMOTIVE NEWS
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...1/TOC01ARCHIVE
AutoWeek | Published 10/11/06, 12:44 pm et

DETROIT -- Trolling for dealers, a New Jersey-based importer will show two Chinese vehicles at the National Automobile Dealers Association convention in Las Vegas in February.

Importer China America Cooperative Automotive Inc. wants to bring two models to the United States: a pickup and an SUV. They are assembled by Zhongxing Automobile Co., a small auto manufacturer in Baoding, in the northern Chinese province of Hebei.

But the vehicles have not met stiff U.S. emissions and safety standards. So dealers signed by the importer, also called Chamco, may have no vehicles to sell. Zhongxing produced 7,800 units in 2005.

Chamco, of Parsippany, N.J., says it has an exclusive agreement with Zhongxing to distribute the vehicles in the United States. It wants to sign up 120 dealers initially. Dealers must put up $250,000, which gives them an equity stake in Chamco, says William Pollack, the importer's executive vice president for strategic planning and marketing.

Says Chamco CEO Veechwin Li: "Our biggest challenge is to make sure the quality will be there."
ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
ash
CCF Mod

Default ZXAuto to export vehicles to the US

Hebei Zhongxing Automobile Company (ZXAuto) has announced that it has entered into a new joint venture with the Changchun government that will lead to the production of sedans and crossovers.
ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #13
Admin
Chery Driver

Default Zhongxing eyes US market

Hebei Zhongxing Automobile Co Ltd general manager Xiao Wei said the company is confident it will be able to sell its pickups to the United States as early as 2008 at its high-grade pickup Grandtiger release conference.
Zhongxing started preparations for entering the US market at the beginning of this year. First, it is cooperating with the China America Cooperative Automotive Inc (CHAMCO) to make products which will be sold in the US meet the required safety and emission standards. Secondly, Zhongxing is building an international service support and quality system. Xiao also said if domestic vehicles can meet all US standards, which are relatively strict, and enter the US market with a price edge, they can keep pace with international products in quality and enter other markets quickly. So entering the US market is a top priority for Zhongxing.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #14
BringIt

This is great news!

I firmly believe that compact, 4 door pickups is the best vehicle to enter the US market first.

There is vertually no competition, and the bar on refinement and quality is probably the lowest of all vehicle segments.

Make sure the quality, durability, and reliability are all there, with a decent design and great price, add long warranty and maintenance programs, it will be a hit for sure.
BringIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #15
Hudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringIt
I firmly believe that compact, 4 door pickups is the best vehicle to enter the US market first.

There is vertually no competition, and the bar on refinement and quality is probably the lowest of all vehicle segments.
Aside from the Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Chevrolet Colorado (7-year warranty), GMC Canyon (7-year warranty), Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, Isuzu I-Series (10-year warranty)...there's virtually no competition.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:39 AM   #16
BringIt

Those are so called mid-sized trucks. The only true compact is the Ranger, which is old and dying. The new one out (delayed 5 times) will be a mid-size too.

Btw, try to buy any of these (except the Ranger) for under 11K. Good luck.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #17
Hudson

The Colorado, Canyon, and I-Series are still small pickups.

And the reason why these trucks are moving up in size has much to do with the shrinking market for small pickups...at any price. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean there's a market for it. For $11k, you can get an excellent used small pickup (I even priced a new Isuzu I-Series for $11,800) or a very good used full-sized pickup. Why would someone forego the added utility (and that is what these buyers want) for the "newness" of a truck from an untested brand name?
Old 12-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #18
BringIt

The small truck market is shrinking because there's no profit for these giant car companies. That's the bottom line. Why do you think DCX is looking at Chery for a small car?

Buy used vs new? That applies to any vehicle segment - why would people buy a Kia when an used Honda may be better? People just do. I for one don't like used vehicles.

Imagine a well built 4 door compact pickup starting at $8900 with a great warranty? And a fully loaded 4X4 with a V6 for $14900? I think that would easily crack the market - better chance than any other vehicle segment.

Isuzu is still in business???
Old 12-08-2006, 12:26 AM   #19
Hudson

Let's see....small truck market is shrinking because nobody (not a significant number of buyers) wants a tiny truck. The Ranger's cheap and small...and sales are dropping. Bring in an old-technology Chinese small truck and it will be no better, but the Ranger has 3,000 dealers with a known history.

New vs used is becoming a tougher and tougher thing since late model used vehicles today are of a higher quality than NEW vehicles of just 20 years ago. So if you can get a used 50,000-mile F150 for the price of a new little Chinese truck, which do you think the market will prefer? And Kia sells a few hundred thousand vehicles because they're decent products for their price...they're competing with NEW cars more than used ones.

Imagine a well-equipped 11,000-mile Ford F150 for $9,000 (I just found it on cars.com). Do you really think a truck buyer would choose a new truck the size of a Ranger for the price of a gently used full-sized pickup? As proof...Isuzu sells only a few hundred I-Series pickups each month at the low prices they have and they carry a 10-year warranty. Price isn't everything.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #20
BringIt

Again, I do not believe no one wants small trucks, especially with the gas prices these days. They don't buy small trucks because there are no good choices. The major car makers simply abandoned this segment because they don't make any money at all. The Ranger is dying because it's just way too old, and the price is not that much cheaper than a F-150, which Ford can build for the same money and promotes heavily (when's the last time you seen a Ranger commercial?)

Remember just a few years back everyone wrote off the small car market? Small cars were ugly and unattractive (remember the Echo?) Now with gas prices going thru the roof and a new wave of smartly designed small cars, the segment is booming.

Same thing can be done to the small truck market. A smart and attractively designed, robust and reliable, well priced entry would do quite well. (Again, keep in mind of the gas prices. Without that factor, small trucks or cars would not fly in the US market.)

Let's see, do I want a gas guzzling, used F-150, about to run out of warranty, with funny dog pee smell and unknown stains on the seats, OR I could have a small 4 door pickup, with that brand new car smell, backed by a 10 year warranty, do much better on gas, all for the same $9000? I'd take the new truck thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement