MG To Revive the Solid Old Austin Brand - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation) > Nanjing Automobile

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #11
mgrovernut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-N-Roll
Serious question - if they don't need Healy, why do they need Austin?

These brands stopped producing for a reason. To revive the brand, you are counting on nostalgia, and nostalgia does not sell cars.

I myself had a 59 bugeye sprite - fun car. Butlet's be honest, my lawn tractor could outperform it.
You forget one thing. Austin is known in jst about every car driving country in the world. It's much loved in emerging markets like India. The Chinese have no recognised brands outside China of their own. So why bother investing millions trying to raise recognition and trust in a brand when you can just re-introduce an old recognised one. I know Austin has issues but frankly a brand with issues is a better starting point than a brand with no recognition, see comedy car maker Smart for more information...
mgrovernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #12
Dynamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-N-Roll
I myself had a 59 bugeye sprite - fun car. Butlet's be honest, my lawn tractor could outperform it.
Over here in the UK, they had a race between an old Bug Eye and some souped up bling machine with awesome horses under the bonnet on our top TV motoring show Top Gear last year, and the Bug Eye won handsomely.

Cheers. Ewan.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #13
danadrianrico

far out man
danadrianrico is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
paulbe

Default Re: MG To Revive the Solid Old Austin Brand

Four years later....That never happened. About as likely as BMW's talk of reviving Riley back in the early 90s.
paulbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement