Shandong Wuzheng (WAW) and Wuzheng Trucks USA - Page 3 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Other China Motor Vehicles > Chinese Trucks

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #21
WuzhengNA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragin
In its pursuit of success, I would suggest that Wuzheng and its agents use Hino as a case study.
Hino is a great truck. I also feel Freightliner, Isuzu, Mitsubishi/Fuso, Mack, etc., most all are excellent trucks. No sarcasm intended at all, they are simply great trucks.

And, if I had $70,000 to blow on one that compared to the standard features of a Wuzheng (Turbo-Diesel Intercooled, Cab and a half, 5 ton payload, hydraulic dump) I would do so.

However, a consumer can buy THREE Wuzheng Series 5 trucks with the above specs, and have $10,000 left over for ONE of thier trucks.

We are not talking 5% less in price, or 10% less in price - we are talking a FRACTION of the price.
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #22
Hudson
Senior Member
 
Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 101
Default

But you're also talking about no local dealers to repair the trucks...and no local mechanics who even know what the truck is. Buyers of these trucks expect them to be reliable and repairable AHEAD of purchase price. What is the point of a $10,000 savings if the truck sits around waiting for someone to fix it? Isn't that $10,000 being wasted in downtime?

These are just questions I have....questions that potential buyers will have.
__________________
Hudson
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:14 PM   #23
Hudson
Senior Member
 
Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 101
Default

Wuzheng:

I am honestly asking these questions.

I work in the industry and if you're going to make a go at this, I would like to have a better view of your chances in the marketplace.

How do you see the US market next year and why? And while having fewer distributors saves money and increases the profitability of each distributor by providing larger dedicated markets, it seems to limit the range of potential commercial buyers.

These are just questions based on points you brought up. If you'd rather not air these answers publicly, we can arrange something. I am genuinely interested in your business.
__________________
Hudson
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #24
WuzhengNA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
But you're also talking about no local dealers to repair the trucks...and no local mechanics who even know what the truck is. Buyers of these trucks expect them to be reliable and repairable AHEAD of purchase price. What is the point of a $10,000 savings if the truck sits around waiting for someone to fix it? Isn't that $10,000 being wasted in downtime?

These are just questions I have....questions that potential buyers will have.

I am honestly asking these questions.

I work in the industry and if you're going to make a go at this, I would like to have a better view of your chances in the marketplace.

How do you see the US market next year and why? And while having fewer distributors saves money and increases the profitability of each distributor by providing larger dedicated markets, it seems to limit the range of potential commercial buyers.

These are just questions based on points you brought up. If you'd rather not air these answers publicly, we can arrange something. I am genuinely interested in your business.
__________________
Hudson
These are all acceptable, valid questions.

First and foremost, every distributor will have a service department, but it is NOT expected, nor is it hoped for, that buyers will have the vehicles serviced at the distributor. Engine is of a standard diesel design, and can be serviced, rebuilt, tuned, and cared for by ANY competent diesel engine mechanic. Over 85% of all commercial trucks in this class are serviced by private mechanics.

When I state "Standard Design", I mean that it is a recognizable, proven design. Parts supply will be kept in a 10% reserve for the first 2 years of importation. That is an extraordinary percentage of spare parts. Any parts not held at distributor will be overnight shipped, at Wuzheng's expense.

How do I see the US automotive market next year? In our limited target audience (Light Heavy Duty Commercial Diesel Trucks) i see a downturn in overall sales. Notice I said OVERALL sales. This size truck and smaller (pickups) follow the housing/construction market closely, for obvious reasons. And the housing/construction market is in a downturn.

However, and EXACTLY AS IT IS IN THE HOUSING MARKET, the lowest price always sells, regardless of what the overall market is doing. The FIRST to fall off in sales, be it trucks or houses, are the expensive, loaded, luxury, exclusive models.

For decades I was associated with a company that built entry level homes. There are always first time home buyers, or buyers who would not be purchasing a home at all if the prices were not so low, NO MATTER WHAT the overall market was doing.

These vehicles fall into that catagory. Excellent work trucks. Strong turbodiesel engines. Hydraulic dumps. Cab and a half. But you will never see power windows, leather seats, or a CD player in one. Not installed by us, anyway. Which makes the price right, which, regardless of the market, makes this vehicle attractive to buyers.

With regards to distributorships - Keeping the number low is not necessarily intentional. However here is the thought process behind this; We are purposely, intentionally, introducing these vehicles slowly. For the 2007 model year, there are only two models, the Series 5 and the Series 7. If we deliver 500 vehicles during the 2007 Model Year, we will be very, very pleased.

Why? With a limited distribution network at this time, added to the fact that the vehicle will be scrutinized beyond belief, delivering 500 in the first year of operations will allow close monitoring of use & feedback. We can hover over the buyers, respond to needs, adjust where necessary, pay attention closely. Concentrate on the customer, NOT on expansion. I believe this is where most others fail.

I appreciate the intelligent questions - I hope I replied to your satisfaction, and feel free to question anything.
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 AM   #25
Hudson
Senior Member
 
Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 101
Default

Two more questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuzhengNA
First and foremost, every distributor will have a service department, but it is NOT expected, nor is it hoped for, that buyers will have the vehicles serviced at the distributor. Engine is of a standard diesel design, and can be serviced, rebuilt, tuned, and cared for by ANY competent diesel engine mechanic. Over 85% of all commercial trucks in this class are serviced by private mechanics.
...When I state "Standard Design", I mean that it is a recognizable, proven design.
But aren't the large majority of current trucks powered by diesel engines supplied by Navistar, Cummins, Detroit, or Cat? Most competent private mechanics know these engines forward and backward. Do engines used win Wuzheng trucks mirror the designs of these common engines to the point that a mechanic wouldn't be afraid to work on them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuzhengNA
Parts supply will be kept in a 10% reserve for the first 2 years of importation.
But if a mechanic hours from the "local" distributor needs a part, it'll be a day before they see it if the part is on hand at the distributor...and longer if it's not. Isn't this a large barrier that you have to cross when your vehicle is compared to a Ford with a dealer ever few miles or even to Mitsubishi Fuso or Isuzu or Hino who have a network of dealers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuzhengNA
How do I see the US automotive market next year? In our limited target audience (Light Heavy Duty Commercial Diesel Trucks) i see a downturn in overall sales. Notice I said OVERALL sales. This size truck and smaller (pickups) follow the housing/construction market closely, for obvious reasons. And the housing/construction market is in a downturn.
But the truck market as a whole is heading for a downturn due to emissions regulation changes, which will have a greater effect than a downturn in the housing market.

While price might lure buyers in the housing market, in the trucking market name brand means plenty. Nearly anyone (including most home owners) can fix things that go wrong around the house, but when it comes to trucks that provide your way of life, you need to know that it will be reliable and easily fixed when something does go wrong.

With all due respect to your experience in the housing market, I don't see these two industries running parallel the way you've described. There are few trucks sold as luxury items (aside from the Western Stars of the industry). Nearly all of the Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, and Class 7 trucks sold in the US are tools...and easily decontented to their basics if the market requires it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuzhengNA
...We are purposely, intentionally, introducing these vehicles slowly. For the 2007 model year, there are only two models, the Series 5 and the Series 7. If we deliver 500 vehicles during the 2007 Model Year, we will be very, very pleased.
I'm glad to see that you're not expecting the market to blow wide open with the introduction of your trucks. But even your number of 500 units in the first year is about half the number of Class 5 and Class 7 trucks Hino sells in the US, and they have a US factory to support.
__________________
Hudson
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:47 AM   #26
WuzhengNA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
Do engines used win Wuzheng trucks mirror the designs of these common engines to the point that a mechanic wouldn't be afraid to work on them?
That would be a correct assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
But if a mechanic hours from the "local" distributor needs a part, it'll be a day before they see it if the part is on hand at the distributor...and longer if it's not. Isn't this a large barrier that you have to cross when your vehicle is compared to a Ford with a dealer ever few miles or even to Mitsubishi Fuso or Isuzu or Hino who have a network of dealers?
I would have to say it is our largest barrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
But the truck market as a whole is heading for a downturn due to emissions regulation changes, which will have a greater effect than a downturn in the housing market.
Not if our trucks already meet proposed 2010 emission standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
While price might lure buyers in the housing market, in the trucking market name brand means plenty. Nearly anyone (including most home owners) can fix things that go wrong around the house, but when it comes to trucks that provide your way of life, you need to know that it will be reliable and easily fixed when something does go wrong.
We are in complete agreement on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
With all due respect to your experience in the housing market, I don't see these two industries running parallel the way you've described. There are few trucks sold as luxury items (aside from the Western Stars of the industry). Nearly all of the Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, and Class 7 trucks sold in the US are tools...and easily decontented to their basics if the market requires it.
The housing/construction market DIRECTLY affects the truck market, they simply do run in parallel. Also, I completely agree - there are few "luxury" class 4, 5, 6 and 7 trucks. It is our humble opinion that the vast majority of pickups manufactured by Ford, GM, Dodge, however, both large & small, are more toys than trucks. Most with Nascar stickers on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
I'm glad to see that you're not expecting the market to blow wide open with the introduction of your trucks. But even your number of 500 units in the first year is about half the number of Class 5 and Class 7 trucks Hino sells in the US, and they have a US factory to support.
Notice I did not say "sell" 500 trucks, I said "deliver". For us to sell fewer than 500 Series 5 and Series 7 Wuzheng trucks in 2007, we would have to cancel some orders.
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #27
Hudson
Senior Member
 
Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuzhengNA
The housing/construction market DIRECTLY affects the truck market, they simply do run in parallel. Also, I completely agree - there are few "luxury" class 4, 5, 6 and 7 trucks. It is our humble opinion that the vast majority of pickups manufactured by Ford, GM, Dodge, however, both large & small, are more toys than trucks. Most with Nascar stickers on them.
Construction does have a direct effect, but so do the emissions regulations. It's not passing the 2010 regulations that's the problem, it's the fact that many buyers have purchased 2006 models in anticipation of more expensive 2007 models, which happens ever time there's a major change in the laws. Next year will be a big down year on that fact alone. And then there's a housing downturn....

As for pickups, until the 2008 model year, all pickups were Class 1, 2, and 3. Ford will introduce the first Class 4 pickup in the next model year, but I don't see that having a huge consumer following. Current Class 4 and Class 5 Ford/GM/Dodge trucks are not pickups and rarely find their way into consumers' hands.
__________________
Hudson
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #28
WuzhengNA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
...many buyers have purchased 2006 models in anticipation of more expensive 2007 models, which happens ever time there's a major change in the laws. Next year will be a big down year on that fact alone..
I don't necessarily agree with that first part - I won't argue it, because I only have a "gut feeling" on it. I must assume you are going on a "gut feeling" also, because I don't believe the average truck buyer follows the regulation/law/standards as closely as you say. Again, I don't know (but you are wrong.....)

There definately will be a downturn in next years truck sales due to the rise in prices to keep with compliance. That is a positive for us - price will look even more attractive at $19k+/-

Thanks for the back & forth - it was enjoyable.
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #29
Hudson
Senior Member
 
Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuzhengNA
I don't necessarily agree with that first part - I won't argue it, because I only have a "gut feeling" on it. I must assume you are going on a "gut feeling" also, because I don't believe the average truck buyer follows the regulation/law/standards as closely as you say. Again, I don't know (but you are wrong.....)
I follow this market for a living. There's history to back up my claim, not just "gut feelings."
__________________
Hudson
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #30
WuzhengNA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default Wuzheng Trucks - NE States Road Show

Just to let you know, our website is up at www.wuzheng.com, where you can review models, see gallery pictures, etc.

From November 29th to December 6, We will be visiting interested parties in the PA, NY, DE, MA, NJ areas with both the Series 5 and Series 7 vehicles. If you wish to take a look, with absolutely no obligation, please reply to mjp at wuzheng dot com to let us know - we will be happy to bring one directly to you!

We are planning the Nation-Wide introduction of Wuzheng on April 4th in NYC at the New York International Auto Show. This promises to be an extraordinary event, as the first Chinese vehicle imported into the United States available for sale to consumers.

We also have developments for both the Series 5 and Series 6 trucks to be manufactured in 4wd, single / crew cabs, as well as a 6.6 liter Turbo-Intercooled diesel model (all models currently have 3.8 liter Turbo-Intercooled engines)

Please, if you have any questions, I invite you to see the trucks, call, or email!

Last edited by WuzhengNA; 11-24-2006 at 03:54 PM.
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

                    
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.