Not a bad car - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Chery

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
one

Default Not a bad car

having tested drive and booked this car in Prai, i think it is not a bad car,although the interior is bad but if you remove the fake wood panelling, it will be better, chack out this photo http://www.chery.cn/swkc/chery-b1024.htm .Optional full leather seats cost only RM 1200, so cheap!!!!! dunno wat leather they use?! The air-cond is French made Valeo and it is very good. The boot is EXTREAMLY big, 550 litre and 1350 litre when rear seat folded. The leg room is big too, and very comfortable. There are some problem too, the gear shifting position id quiet confusing, so unexperiance driver may shift to a wrong gear, especially the 5th gear. The boot will open together with the back windscreen and it has 3 lock - 1 in center and one on each side, normal car only 1 in center. Well, tell your all more about it when my car arrive!!!!
one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
Def

I should say u r brave to try chery.I am planning to buy a car for my family, I am driving new nissan sentra 1.6 manual. In fact I test drive it in Autocity before, and my impression is that the car is very very easy to drive, and acceleration also quite good as compared to my current car. At the same day i test drive myvi manual, I myself when driving myvi, not smooth when changing gear, but driving A160 just smooth.

Second time in kl , test drive a160 at kl, with my family. When me, father, mother 3 persons sit behind, SA and my brother in front, think should close to 450kg inside the car, the car seems didn't sink from the image of the mirror, damn strong the suspension. and the SA driving at 20km/h at 3rd gear, car is very smooth and he can use 3rd gear to make u smooth u turn, is abit unbelieveble for me, my car definitely can't do that, accelaration quite good under heavy lod, is consider quite, comfortable when travelling on the rough and uneven road. if I evaluate the car on the road performance with sentra standard, i will say it definitely passing, i am satisfy. my brother who never drive big car, all the way driving kancil, when test drive this car, he also said that the car is very easy to drive.

But again, not sure whether is reliable or not,no one in malaysia can tell how reliable or problem free of the car, though got 2 years free maintenance. i dare not to take the risk if later find that the car is giving problem after 2 years and always send the car to SC and from chinese forum, this car FC is not very good also, may be not almost same with korean car. so at the end still searching a suitable car
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
yeuchau

sorry to say that, you all sound like Alado/chery ambassador.
yeuchau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2006, 02:44 AM   #4
fightingtorque

Default not bad at all

I have had one for two years / 50k km. They are not bad. Reliability is ok, mine is modified and the bits I have tuned have given some reliability issues, but rest of car is ok.

Main point in its favour - significantly lower price than the foreign brand cars in china. Not sure about abroad though. Quality and technology wise a Korean car should probably be better, although I always find they lack any character.

www.fightingtorque.com - now with chinese track clips
www.myredstar.com
fightingtorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #5
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by one
The boot is EXTREAMLY big, 550 litre and 1350 litre when rear seat folded.
You did not notice the spare wheel sticking up in the boot because they do not put it below floor level? I found that 'feature' very unusual and I am sure the original Seat Toledo would not have had the spare wheel above floor level.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement