SMA sales are higher then Geely in 2009 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Geely (Gleagle) > Shanghai Englon (Shanghai Maple - SMA)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
logan

Location: PRoC Sichuan Province Chengdu / Berlin Germany/Beiing Beijing
Default SMA sales are higher then Geely in 2009

SMA Dealer within the Sichuan Province in China are happy about the new sales of 2009 compared with the Geely mother brand.
Local Salesmen starting to make Jokes about Geely while selling theri own products through big soundsystems outside of the dealerships.
SMA slowly develops a good reputation for young families as good priced and stable car for the future.
SMA also dropped the prices for the so called AFTER SERVICE - its free now
while you still have to pay about 500rmb extra for Geely Models
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
CCF mod

Default Re: SMA sales are higher then Geely in 2009

SMA with thier lineup consisiting of ancient ZX-copies selling better than Geely? I don't find that just suprising but also funny.
CCF mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
logan

Location: PRoC Sichuan Province Chengdu / Berlin Germany/Beiing Beijing

Maybe funny but Geely has big trouble in lil China right now while SMA is selling better and better and you can see more and more of them on chinese streets.
Everyone that i asked until now is telling me that they do not buy Geely because they remember how bad these cars where as taxis , while SMA becomes more popular for young chinsese familys.
At least thats what local car dealers and normal chinese are telling me until now.
Logan
logan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
EmGrand

That's not gonna happen...that's for sure!
EmGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 AM   #5
murr_joe

i need spare parts for my maple hatchback
can someone send me a catalog and pricelist?
murr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
jmsteiny

Cool Re: SMA sales are higher then Geely in 2009

You know, as crazy as it sounds, I can understand it. Geely IS still dealing with a lingering consumer reputation for poorly made, lousy little cars. They might last for awhile, but they are certainly not enjoyable to ride or drive. I've driven a SMA (the AA model, their 5 door 1.3l hatchback) - it is a decent car and better than I expected it to be. Good build quality, comfortable and it does not give one the impression of being a cheap car. Is it exciting to look at or drive? No........but at the same time if given a choice between this or the Geely CK, I'll take the SMA EVERY time. Geely's new generation models (the 5 door King Kong and Vision) are nice cars - and they're also 10-20,000rmb more than the SMA 205 (the AA model). The Panda is also nice - but it is about the same price as the SMA and is MUCH smaller........not much competition there. Right now, Geely's model lineup seems strange and unorganized - 3 sub-brands and no clear idea yet of how well they will fit with each other. SMA might be smaller and they don't have any exciting or contemoprary models - but their model lineup IS logical and easier for the consumer to understand, with cars that fit into price categories properly. Geely, learn from this - aggressive expansion is NOT always the right direction to go! You have diluted your brand (Geely), and instead of fighting hard to build the name up (much as Hyundai had to do in the USA during the 1990's) you seem to be trying to push it away - and the consumer end up being confused. WHO are you now? Geely? Gleagle? Englon? Emgrand? SMA just keeps cruising along with 4 or 5 models......but the NAME and BRAND of SMA is getting stronger and more solid. Hmmmm........I seem to remember a foreign car company in the USA doing the same kind of thing about 30 years ago - a company by the name of HONDA.
jmsteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement