VGV TX7 by Weichai - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Others

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:18 AM   #1
dmitra
CCF Mod

Default VGV TX7 by Weichai

https://www.sohu.com/a/379621843_536295
dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2020, 06:41 AM   #2
CCF mod

Default Wojie tx7

WEICHAI To Launch New Brand: WOJIE TX7 Might the First model
https://www.chinapev.com/weichai-enr...e-first-model/

CCF mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #3
dmitra
CCF Mod

I realize that "Wojie" could approximate a regional pronunciation of Weichai (there are different Chinese languages, after all), but it's a sad day when a company does not have enough conviction in a brand that it has very recently promoted and invested in, i.e., VGV. VGV, via its sole product U70, has been doing reasonably well even in these trying times, and has moved over 10,300 vehicles in the period it has been in the market (Nov-May). If data is extrapolated, trend-wise the U70 singlehandedly appears to be doing slightly better than all the previous models put together (G3+727/737/G5) that were being offered under the Enranger/Yingzhi brand up to the COVID-induced shutdown. So I think it is a bit premature to abandon the VGV brand at this stage where it has not yet gotten a decent chance to prove/consolidate its mettle/position among the bigger boys in the marketplace (this is of course assuming the VGV brand is abandoned, and Weichai doesn't run with two brands simultaneously).

Sometimes I wonder why these indigenous Chinese brands waste valuable time and resources in tirelessly playing around with brand names and nameplates, instead of standing solidly behind, promoting, and sticking with a particular brand name or product identity, once it has been introduced.
dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement