umm.. the name - Page 3 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Gonow

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:24 AM   #21
zzffirst

Default Thank you very much for your join this forum

My friend,Mr M14, could you tell me why the name GONO is better than GONOW.
thank you.
zzffirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #22
edge

Please change the name. If you want your company to be successful in the West, your name and brand will give you major problems. Of course, if you have a superior product, you will be successful anyways, but you will have a lot of problems starting up. Why dont you save yourself some problems?

Even your Chinese name Jiao is much better than GONOW, that is a horrible English brand name.

If you need some suggestions, you can ask us.
edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #23
?man

Default "Go now" must now go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm.illuminatus
... I would never buy a car called "gonow" just as much as I would never buy milk named "gooddrink" or a computer named "fastfun". A purely chinese name would go over much better with American consumers. "Honda" is purely Japanese, and consumers associate the car with the country it came from, something they are comfortable with. But to try and come up with a cheesy American name for a chinese car... american consumers have a sense for knock-offs and crap products (because we have all been raised in a consumer driven society) and any cheesy name instantly says "knock-off" or "cheap". A company that won't spend the money on marketing to make a decent (and unique) name for it's product probably doesn't have a very good product. At least that's the prevailing attitude here in the states, and a concept to which I fully agree.
I agree, they should keep a (more)Chinese name, but they will become the butt of jokes if they keep a name like Gonow. Even if a Chinese name (ex: Dongfeng) might sound wierd today, eventually, it will sound as normal as Toyota, Honda, or Nissan(though Toyota originally debuted as "Toyopet" in the US). I think quality is more important. The Koreans are only now starting to be accepted as quality and reliable vehicles, because the first cars imported were crap(e.g.-Hyundai Excel). If you wait until you can have quality vehicles (with a good name), it will be a lot easier than starting with a vehicle that other manufacturers might have offered last in 1995 (no offense). I know people might now laugh at "Made in China", but in the 50's , "Made in Japan", though it might be hard to believe, was a joke and reguarded as 'something that fell apart just by looking at it'. Nowadays,
"Made in Japan" is reguarded as high-quality and well made. Anyway, if you want to avoid the pain of being perceived as a crap car, you should make sure that your quality and reliability are up to par with the competition, and also is cheaper. With the price of Chinese labor, you can acheive better quality for less, use it to your advantage.
?man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2006, 04:54 AM   #24
chinoy54

Smile what's in a name-everything!

as a junior member, i don't know if i should even interrupt this most interesting of discussions. but, coming from actual experience w/marketing chinese trucks in a foreign country, in this case the philippines-w/ch is dominated by japanese car brands, & western (american) pop culture, i have to agree w/ those who put a premium on the right-sounding name brand. yuejin, foton, & great wall, brands we represent are easy on the ears, as well as evoke the "chineseness" of the products. we did not have too much negative reactions from the names, although people keep mistaking foton for the malaysian brand proton, & keep asking what yuejin means (leap forward), i think is a loose translation, pls. correct me if i'm wrong here. now, great wall-thats the right name for a chinese brand! i'm surprised that no one has thought of name brands w/ instant recognition as chinese, e.g. yangtze, shaolin, phoenix, red dragon, leaping tiger, etc. etc. its tough enough in this day & age to do battle against the giants of the auto industry to be hampered additionally w/ a name that evokes chuckles and snide remarks.

my two-cents worth.
chinoy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:29 AM   #25
micodelija

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffirst
My friend,Mr M14, could you tell me why the name GONO is better than GONOW.
thank you.
gonow is also the bad name here in east europe,because gonow is speling love govno..which on our laguage means...something bad
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #26
renyeo

They should really go invest in a good consultant for an appropriate name and branding. Gonow - but where to?. Got money but no sense.
renyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #27
4*real*Made_in_China

Sorry, but Gono sounds like something that "doesn't go". Kind of like the infamous Chevy Nova in Spanish speaking countries.
4*real*Made_in_China is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #28
boogiecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoy54
as a junior member, i don't know if i should even interrupt this most interesting of discussions. but, coming from actual experience w/marketing chinese trucks in a foreign country, in this case the philippines-w/ch is dominated by japanese car brands, & western (american) pop culture, i have to agree w/ those who put a premium on the right-sounding name brand. yuejin, foton, & great wall, brands we represent are easy on the ears, as well as evoke the "chineseness" of the products. we did not have too much negative reactions from the names, although people keep mistaking foton for the malaysian brand proton, & keep asking what yuejin means (leap forward), i think is a loose translation, pls. correct me if i'm wrong here. now, great wall-thats the right name for a chinese brand! i'm surprised that no one has thought of name brands w/ instant recognition as chinese, e.g. yangtze, shaolin, phoenix, red dragon, leaping tiger, etc. etc. its tough enough in this day & age to do battle against the giants of the auto industry to be hampered additionally w/ a name that evokes chuckles and snide remarks.

my two-cents worth.
In the Philippines the word Gonow rhymes with the word "Gunaw",its meaning in english is "destroyed"

The Chinese brands in the Philippines are the likes of Foton,Yuejin,Changan/Chana,Wuling and Great Wall,Fuqi and Gonow under one banner name called Nexus Automotive...
boogiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #29
god_bless_japan

more important than the name is reputation, and Mr Zhang is right when he says that his priorties are else where and not minor details like names
god_bless_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #30
Geotpf

It's better than Brillance naming a car the BS6 (BS is short for Bullshit).

Then again, Kia sells fine in the United States (KIA is a US military acronym that stands for Killed In Action; as in "5 US soliders were KIA today in Bagdad").

And GM named an SUV after a blowjob. Sooooo...
Geotpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement