Info about Brilliance Zhonghua - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Brilliance Auto

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
Admin
Chery Driver

Exclamation Info about Brilliance Zhonghua

right now its pretty small..but if the demand keeps rising they will do pretty good...

here are some pics of their cars...

In Aug 2002, ZhongHua Passenger car was officially put into the market as a fully proprietary medium-high grade passenger car car. Its coming into being and trading on the market indicated CBA, the intellectual right proprietor, had entered into a fresh market sector and become an important participant on Chinese automobile market.
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
chabbu

Default Brilliance Zhonghua

This car is coming to the USA as the Europa.....unless Lotus holds the rights to this name.
chabbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Admin
Chery Driver

Do you have more info on this?

Old 02-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
pokershark

This car looks amazing
pokershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
Raul

Exclamation Info about Zhonghua

Here's what I have about the company.

- In 1992 China Automotive Company (CAC) was founded by Huachen China
Automotive Holding Ltd (CBA). Later CBA sold the rights of one sedan and
one minibus project to Shenyang Jinbei company which in turn was owned
by China Brilliance (still with me?). Brilliance paid $500 million for the deal

- In 2001 Shenyang Jinbei Brilliance was formed

- In 2001 Zhonghua Sedan M1 production started

- In 2003 Huachen BMW Brilliance was formed

- In 2004 Zhonghua Grandeur introduced

- In 2006 Zhonghua Junjie (Zunchi) introduced

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Brilliance (Huachen) company can be divided in three categories:

1. ZHONGHUA

A few words about Zhonghua M1 (SY7200):

Zhonghua M1 was the first Chinese car specifically developed to European markets. It is manufactured by Brilliance Automotive Company in Shenyang which is the capital city of Liaoning province in north-east China. Zhonghua M1 has been designed by famous Italian designer Giorgetto Giugiaro. Otherwise it is completely China made (Zhonghua means “Chinese” in Chinese).

Giorgetto Giugiaro
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
Raul

2. JINBEI

Jinbei (Huachen) is owned by Brilliance company. It is a typical minivan producer in China. Capacity is about 80 000 cars / year.

Models offered:

- Haise Awing (SY6480-SY6500)
- Haise Underservant
- Granse (Granvia) BPV

All of these models are based on a Toyota Hiace.

Old Jinbei models:

Giorgetto Giugiaro

Last edited by CCF mod; 04-14-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #7
Raul

3. Huachen-BMW

Co-operation between BMW and Brilliance Auto started in 2003. In that same year 7500 cars were produced.

In 2005 11 800 cars produced. BMW is called "Baoma" in China.

Two models are currently in production:

- 5-series E60 (520i, 525i, 530i) 2003-
- 3-series E46 (318i, 325i) 2003-

5-series

Giorgetto Giugiaro
Old 06-07-2006, 07:01 AM   #8
Raul

Does anyone know anything about Brilliance Jinbei light trucks ? Is there a website ?

Giorgetto Giugiaro
Old 06-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #9
dragin

Default Brilliance light trucks

The Brilliance-Huachen-Jinbei history is probably the most convoluted of any carmaker in China. FAW even owned a stake in Jinbei back when it had a venture with GM to build Blazer SUVs and pickup SKDs. And Brilliance once owned a stake in Zhongxing.

Everyone says that Toyota is a latecomer to China but its tie-ups with Jinbei and others, e.g. Tianjin Auto, go way back to the 80s'. Many of the people responsible for Brilliance quality traveled to Japan for training.

Raul as far as light trucks go, Brilliance makes the City Cowboy SUV SY6491 and Wolfman Pickup SY1023 models both of which I believe are Nanhai Fudi-based.

Brilliance also has a presence out in Mianyang, Sichuan Province. They build engines there and also have a subsidiary called Huarai which is said to be going to produce light trucks among other "cross country" and commercial vehicles.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #10
dragin

Default finally some good news for Brilliance

AUTOMOTIVE NEWS
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article
Entire contents 2006 Crain Communications, Inc.

China's Brilliance Vehicle Sales Climb

Reuters | 9:00 am, June 2, 2006

HONG KONG -- China's largest minibus maker Brillance China Automotive Holdings Ltd. said on Friday that it sold 57 percent more of its own brand vehicles in the first five months thanks to new models and improved consumer sentiment.

The company, a joint venture part of BMW AG, sold 13,800 Zhonghua brand cars in the first five months, up 254 percent from 3,900 cars in the same period last year, said Vice President Elsie Chan.

That compared with a sales target of 40,000 cars for the year and 10,000 cars sold in 2005, she told Reuters in an telephone interview.

Brilliance China also sold 30,300 minibuses from January to May, an increase of 25 percent from 24,200 buses the previous year. It aims to sell 80,000 buses this year against 60,000 buses it sold last year.

The company was planning to raise sales prices by between 5 and 10 percent, the newspaper The Standard earlier on Friday cited Brilliance Chairman Wu Xiaoan as saying.

Wu said he was confident the company, which posted a $80.94 million (649 million yuan) loss in 2005, would return to profitability this year on strong demand for vehicles.

Chan said the company planned to launch minibuses with new interior designs later this year, which may sell at higher prices. She also agreed that a 5-10 percent increase was fair expectation.

The company has no intention of raising car prices, she said.

It launched a new model of Zhonghua, named Junjie, in March at price of between $11,220 (90,000 yuan) and $16,200 (130,000 yuan).

"Junjie with different features will be launched later this year," she said. But the new cars will be sold in the same price range.

In January, Brilliance cut the price of the earlier version of Zhonghua, named Zunchi, by 10 percent to 15 percent to between $12,400 (100,000 yuan) and $18,700 (150,000 yuan).

The firm said in February that its joint venture sold 17,500 BMWs in 2005 but it would not give a sale target for BMWs for the year.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article

Entire contents 2006 Crain Communications, Inc.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement