Huanghai F1 CUV (Qisheng) - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Hawtai (Huatai)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
Real_I_Hate_China

Arrow Huanghai F1 CUV (Qisheng)

If Huanghai's going to rip off Sorento and Santa Fe then it's fine(People gave up on Chinese legal system and considers piracy a fact of life in China), but why put a model in Korean dress at the booth?
Real_I_Hate_China is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
Trivia Tim

It could be because Huanghai is based in Dandong, which is situated just across the Yalu River from North Korea.
Trivia Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:22 AM   #3
chinacartimes

Or maybe that the company is run out of a Chinese Korean self governing area along the border, hence the Korean connection?

edit: I dont think that Liaoning has any Chinese Korean ethnic areas - on my map it only shows Manchurian and Mongol 自治州/县

I have no idea why they would have a Korean dress. Perhaps the company has Chinese Korean roots, or they are having their CUV series built in North Korea.

Last edited by chinacartimes; 04-23-2007 at 03:29 AM.
chinacartimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
dragin

China and Korea have had centuries of cordial relations and cooperation. Their cultural heritages are intertwined. Koreans are one of China's treasured minority peoples. There are some 55 in all.
Despite some neighborly squabbles between them, this pretty Chinese girl in a traditional Korean hanbok gown, reflects a prevailing affection the two countries have for each other.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #5
chinacartimes

There was several Chinese Korean secretaries in the company I worked for previously, (not really surprising as it was a Korean company) those girls had the best of both cultures - bi-lingual, good looks, smarts etc etc.

Another Chinese-Korean girl I know still has extended family in the DPRK and often goes to North Korea where she is allowed unfettered access to DPRK society, something which I admired a lot seeing as Westerners are only allowed in to the DPRK on strict terms. She told me that lots of Chinese Koreans didnt get Chinese citizenship until the late 60's.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #6
dragin

Not surprised CCT to hear about the large Korean population in your current home province of Shandong, as it's just a short ferry ride across the Yellow Sea from the Korean peninsula. Up there on the north coast of Shandong province, Korean automotive companies like Daewoo were active building engines since back in the 90's. I think SGM Dongyue has since taken over those facilities.
The citizenship issue is an interesting one. I am afraid I know little about it except that Koreans further north, in the Korean autonomous region, have full citizenship.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
chinacartimes

I have good friends within the Korean consulate here in QD, one of them told me that if the Asia Financial crisis never happened, Shandong would have been the richest province in the whole of China. Sadly the amount of Korean money flowing into Shandong was sharply cut off during the crisis.

Still, there are 70,000 South Koreans in this city, and a few hundred illegal North Koreans. The Chinese-Koreans are here in force, working in the service of South Koreans as translators, PA's, business partners etc etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_Koreans_in_China
Old 04-24-2007, 02:20 AM   #8
runningdog

Would it possibly be correct to believe that the Chinese manufacturer is attempting to connote a Korean heritage to the motor vehicle they are flogging?
runningdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #9
superidler

I don't think she is a model for this car. Look where and how she is standing.
I think she is just some sort of assistant or guide etc..... And the real model is really hot...... hmmm.. it's crime that she is a model for this crappy car.
I'd like to suggest to chery for employing her as the model for A6 rather than Russian. No offence to Russian but chery is chinese company and their major customers are chinese in China as well. Then why Russian model??

This girl is really hot.... I think this girl will make A6 hotter... RIHC could you post more pictures of this girl?
superidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 AM   #10
4*real*Made_in_China

I have to dido that
4*real*Made_in_China is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement