Chery news - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Chery

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:06 AM   #11
hazik

10 years ago I would only see 1 or 2 chinese cars a month. Almost all the cars were Japanese the others were volkswagen/audi and some Mercedes Benz, Rolls royce, Bentley. Now Chinese brand cars are as many as Japanese, they will be more Chinese brand cars than Japanese brand in 2006.

But say the car called Changan Suziki Alto. It saids Changan on the front and Suziki on the back. Is that car considered Chinese brand or Japanese brand.
hazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #12
edge

where do you live?
edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #13
Tiggo

10 years ago...1996 I was still in highschool. All I can remember is some crappy volkswagen dominating Chinese autoroutes.

Yeah, a lot Japanese cars too, like 1994 Toyota Camry, Toyota Crown, Nissan Cefiro, ...quite some Audi as well. Not to mention Mercedez and BMW.

Almost zero Korean cars.

My ride in France : Audi A4 2.0TDI - 140hp (103kW) - (Mai 2006)
Tiggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2006, 06:56 AM   #14
hazik

Default Chery sales by province

Chery sold most cars in guangdong province. 2nd was Sichuan 3rd Shandong province. Guangdong was number 1 in Chery sales but I their are a lot of imported cars there too like Bentley, rolls royce, Merc Benz S Class Lexus LS. I lost count of how many S Class and Bentleys I saw in guangdong last time I was there.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #15
Tiggo

Guangdong has a population greater than 100 million, it is the most populated province in China.

Guangdong is one of China's richest provinces along with Zhejiang, Jiangsu.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:06 PM   #16
hazik

Guangdong only has 70 million people , Sichuan is the only province with over 100 million people.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:29 AM   #17
Tiggo

Mine is the latest information.

http://www.southcn.com/news/gdnews/g...0410260452.htm

Old 05-23-2006, 03:45 AM   #18
Raul

Default Chery moving headquarters to Shanghai

"Chery Automotive Company, China's home-brand automaker, will start to move its sales headquarters to the country's largest industrial city of Shanghai in June , China Business News reported on Monday.

Meanwhile, the report, quoting sources with the Anhui-based auto company, said Chery will move part of research and development operations to Shanghai.

"This is part of the company's strategies to expand eastward," said a source with Chery, who asked to be anonymous. "If everything goes on smoothly, the whole move will be completed at the end of this year," the source said.

Qin Lihong, spokesman of Chery's sales company, said he could not confirm the move. But a sales agency of Chery in Shanghai confirmed that, saying that "It (the sales company) will soon move to Shanghai".

If that comes true, Chery will become China's first automaker with its production base in one city, and sales base in another city. The nine-year-old Chinese carmaker is legend in China's automobile manufacturing as it has produced a total of 500,000 cars.

Unlike many joint ventures in the Chinese auto industry that depend on foreign technology and sell China-made cars with overseas brands, Chery depends on its own research and development to turn out products with proprietary intellectual property rights(IPR).

Chery has been ranked among the 10 biggest automakers in China for years. Its QQ, a mini-car model, enjoys good sales in China costing less than 40,000 yuan (5,000 U.S. dollars) a unit.

In 2005, Chery exported a record 18,000 cars, the most among China's car manufacturers. Currently, Chery cars are sold in 38 countries outside China."

Source: Xinhua.net

Giorgetto Giugiaro

Last edited by Raul; 05-23-2006 at 03:48 AM.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:52 AM   #19
dragin

Default Chery a true trailblazer

Yes, we have to hand it to Chery; they are doing a great job of playing catch-up and who can blame them for a little piracy along the way. Of course an official voice like Xinhua, has to sing its praises even if not true to fact.

But I look forward to the day when China has the integrity not only to report the facts but to indict a top industry leader regardless of the economic consequences. Its next door neighbor is a model, but even it could not have done such a thing some 30 years ago.

Anyway it'll be useful for Chery to have an office in Shanghai for among other reasons to oversee the enormous logistics operations of getting the cars down the river and onto the trans ocean ships.

How much easier it is for SAIC to do that. Will we see another equity merger between the two down the road a bit??

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:33 PM   #20
hazik

Default How many cars did Chery sell in May

over or under 35,000?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement