Shanghai Englon SC5-RV - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Geely (Gleagle) > Shanghai Englon (Shanghai Maple - SMA)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #11
jmsteiny

Default New pics............

OK people, I was at the Nanning international auto show yesterday - it's not a "big" show (like Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou) but it IS getting bigger......and better. Lots of cars there - the Nanning debut of the BYD Previa (ooops, I mean M6) and the G3, the Emgrand GC7/GC7-RV (quite a nice car with HUGE rear seat room - but strangely no auto trans offered yet), the Xiali V5 (VERY cute car, and has a AMT option), the Riich X1 (love the size and shape, hate that is has the same exact front interior setup as the M1 - way too "cutesy" for the X1) and I even saw the Geely TX4 (the London taxi - VERY cool, I would love to have one for the "cool" factor). However, the car that I flipped over was the Geely GC5-RV. I've loved this car the first moment I saw the pics last year (known then as the Geely CE), and to see it live and in living color was the highlight of the show for me. I took a few pics (please excuse the quality, it's just my phone camera) and got a few interior shots too. Overall impressions - it's bigger than I thought it would be, and it's definitely not going to be marketed as a sub-compact. It's similar in size to the King Kong 5 door, and I think it's got a 1.5l engine in it (the model name right now is the GC-515 RV). I like it in the charcoal gray better (as in the previous pics) than I do in yellow (the color I saw it in at the show), but still a beautiful car either way. The interior is a BIG departure from previous Geely interiors - the pics I took aren't great but should give you some idea of what it's like. I also saw the GC-5 4 door version (in white just like in previous pics here), but I just took pics of the 5 door version. Anyway, I CAN'T WAIT to see this car go on sale - it represents a new design era for Geely and it really is a wonderful car to see in person. Enjoy the pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Web 12062009372.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Web 12062009376.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Web 12062009373.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Web 12062009374.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1527  
jmsteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2009, 05:57 AM   #12
daewoo-chevrolet

Default Re: Geely GC5 and GC5-RV

Nice photos jmsteiny I've never seen photos of the interior of the GC5/GC5-RV.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
jmsteiny

Thanks daewoo! One of the big reasons I like my phone so much (Nokia 5800 Xpress music) is that it has a pretty good camera (3.1 megapixels with a Carl Zeiss lens). I thought about taking more pics, but in all reality all of the other new cars have already been plastered here on the forums - and I know no one had posted pics of the interior of the GC5-RV yet because I've wanted to see the interior too! Wow.........this might be my first "scoop" here on the forum....cool!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
CCF mod

I like two-tone leather seats. And the whole interior is balanced regarding colours of the materials. Very untypical for Chinese.
CCF mod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #15
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Ooh, I like the interior, too. Even the steering wheel looks cool. Nice, car, I see why you're so excited about it. Looks very well done and I can imagine myself driving a rig in the U.S. like this. Looks better than the new Ford Fiesta coming to the States, for instance. Good for you jmsteiny, as usual great reporting from you.

BTW-the hood, grille, headlight ensemble remind me of the Nissan Versa or Murano. They blend together similarly in that region of the cars.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #16
CCF mod

source:
http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2010-01...22560718.shtml
Old 01-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #17
jmsteiny

Dark blue is a good color for this car.........better than the yellow one I saw at the Nanning show (although the charcoal gray pics earlier in the post is still my favorite). I also noticed no two color seats in this dark blue model.......I think I like the two color seats better. I am virtually convinced this will be the successor for the King Kong - it carries the "eagle" badge (Geely's domestic focus sub-brand), and I can't see Geely selling this and the King Kong side by side - it makes no sense. Engine size and overall dimensions are similar, and the King Kong (both the 4 and 5 door) looks outdated and old compared to the newest Geely designs. I can see this car (the GC5) selling in the 50,000-70,000 rmb price range, which would nicely fill the space between the Panda and the Vision...........we don't really need the CK (woefully outdated) or the King Kong anymore. Geely now has 3 sub-brands to deal with, along with the Volvo deal - "cutting the fat" and streamlining/updating it's model lineup is essential to preparing itself properly if it wants to be a world player.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:42 AM   #18
daewoo-chevrolet

Geely will launch the Englon SC5-RV in November, to start with the 1.5 liter engine. The Gleagle GC5/Englon SC5/Englon SX5-series is designed by Giugiaro (ItalDesign).

Engines: 1.3 16V / 1.5 16V
Maximum power: 68 kW/92 hp / 82.5 kW/112 hp
Maximum torque: 120 Nm / 138 Nm
Transmission: 5-speed manual or CVT
Length width height: 3919 1745 1505 mm
Wheelbase: 2461 mm

Source: http://auto.sina.com.cn/car/2010-10-22/1727666756.shtml

Last edited by daewoo-chevrolet; 11-06-2010 at 11:38 AM.
daewoo-chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #19
CCF mod

Default Geely SC5-RV 1.5

Old 11-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #20
CCF mod

Default Geely SC5-RV 1.5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement