Great Wall Wingle3 and Wingle5 - Page 3 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Great Wall / Haval

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:46 AM   #21
Raul

Great Wall Wingle now in production.

Giorgetto Giugiaro
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #22
god_bless_japan

any one know hwta kind of engine this truck has??
god_bless_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #23
micodelija

the pick up have new 2.8 common rail engine with 95 HP and 225 NM,adopted to euro 3 emissions,the engine is most basic in mitsubihsi engines,have the GT honeywell turbo in it and bosch electronic common rail sistem

i drive the wingle,it goes just fine and i was pretty suprised
micodelija is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #24
dragin

Default Weld quality

Here's a contradiction that baffles me.

One photo shows Great Wall's very advanced robotics line for frame welding.

The other shows a weld under the bed of the Wingle pickup, that doesn't reflect the quality one expects from a robot.

Is the robotics line for models other than Wingle???

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Changcheng frame welding robots (Small).jpg
Views:	465
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Changcheng Wingle frame weld (Small).JPG
Views:	466
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	557  
dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #25
micodelija

the hover and wingle comes from new factory,and have the new robotics production,i don't see what it's the problem on that picture,because wingle is working vehicle,not passenger car...i see on other vehicles like mazda b2500 or nissan navara,or mitsubishi...they aren't so much better,escpecially the cargo from new toyota hilux,i know that wingle can't compare still with them but wingle isnt a bad car because of that,the chasis is very strong and i see when i was in company what that vehicle can do
Old 01-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #26
god_bless_japan

do these truck come with petrol engines??
god_bless_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #27
micodelija

still not...but i think that they will put the petrol engine...personaly i hope so because i don't like diesel engines!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #28
Dennis Juan Sanabria

Default Greatwall Co. "The Big Muster"

China's Great Wall starts work on $257 million plant

Reuters / January 18, 2007 - 9:00 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHANGHAI (Reuters) -- China's Great Wall Motor Co. Ltd. is building a $257 million (2 billion yuan) engine plant partly to help expand its vehicle sales overseas, especially in developed markets, a senior executive said today.

Great Wall, which already sells vehicles to more than 50 countries in South America, the Middle East and Africa, entered a developed market for the first time late last year with the shipment of 500 of its Hover SUVs to Italy.

It would move 200 more units there by February, with full-year sales expected to top 1,000 units, which may include some of its own-brand compact cars, said the executive, who asked not to be identified.

The company recently kicked off the engine project, capable of making 400,000 gasoline and diesel-fueled engines per year, to boost its vehicle output, he said. Production would start in the first half of 2008.

"It could also be a big help for our sales overseas, especially in Europe where diesel engines have become mainstream," he said, adding that diesel engines could be the firm's next major focus.

The facility, in Great Wall's base in China's northern province of Hebei, will be funded by the company's internal resources, he said, ruling out any new share issues in the near term.

Great Wall belongs to a small club of ambitious Chinese automakers such as Geely Automobile Holdings Co. Ltd. and Chery Automobile, which is pushing sales aggressively beyond the home market hoping to make a name globally.

Its general manager, Wang Fengying, told Reuters in November that her company aimed to expand into other European countries such as Greece, Spain and Portugal and hopefully break into the U.S. market this year, banking in part on its cost advantage.

Dennis Juan Sanabria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:48 AM   #29
AndrewGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback
I would love to see that truck here in the usa!
Go to your local Chevrolet, GMC or Isuzu dealer. They sell a quality, original version that Isuzu engineered, they just have a different front end, drivetrain and slightly longer wheelbase.

It's pretty sad how they took the D-Max and the VW concept and so blatantly copied their designs. I'm not suprised though, as almost every Chinese vehicle is a copy of another vehicle in some way.
AndrewGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:42 AM   #30
daewoo-chevrolet

http://www.zr.ru/articles/50070/

Last edited by CCF mod; 08-04-2011 at 03:46 PM.
daewoo-chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement