Volkswagen & JAC EV cooperation (SOL) - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Jianghuai (JAC)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:32 AM   #11
Leo

Default Re: Volkswagen & JAC EV cooperation (SOL)

Phaeton,
I'm a bit confused about VW's Traton. After the dieselgate scandal I think they had the intention of selling the entire business, but they ended up floating about 10% of the company in an IPO, with the provision they could raise the percentage of outstanding share to 25%. Don't know if there was simply no buyer for the entire company at the time or if the strategy has been changed voluntarily.

As a matter of fact Traton owns about 15% of USA's Navistar Corporation and has recently offered to buy all remaining shares. Navistar, a truck builder of course, is active in China through a joint venture with JAC.

Now the limitations on foreign ownership of chinese truck manufacturers end somewhere this year, so I could see VW turn the JAC truck business into a Traton/Navistar operation and the JAC passenger car business into 'VW China' in a few years time.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #12
dmitra
CCF Mod

Default VW & JAC major announcements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitra View Post
Jianghuai Automobile Group Holdings is the parent of Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Corp., Ltd. (i.e. JAC Motors, the manufacturer). JAC Motors, listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, is widely held, in which Jianghuai Automobile Group Holdings owns a 25.23% stake.
Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Holdings Ltd. has transferred 8.08% of its shares in JAC Motors to Anhui Province State-owned Capital Operation Holdings Group Co., Ltd. (site), reducing its own stake to 17.15%.

https://www.d1ev.com/news/qiye/119640
dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:43 PM   #13
phaeton

Default Re: Volkswagen & JAC EV cooperation (SOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Phaeton,
I'm a bit confused about VW's Traton. After the dieselgate scandal I think they had the intention of selling the entire business, but they ended up floating about 10% of the company in an IPO, with the provision they could raise the percentage of outstanding share to 25%. Don't know if there was simply no buyer for the entire company at the time or if the strategy has been changed voluntarily.

As a matter of fact Traton owns about 15% of USA's Navistar Corporation and has recently offered to buy all remaining shares. Navistar, a truck builder of course, is active in China through a joint venture with JAC.

Now the limitations on foreign ownership of chinese truck manufacturers end somewhere this year, so I could see VW turn the JAC truck business into a Traton/Navistar operation and the JAC passenger car business into 'VW China' in a few years time.
I admit at the moment I don't understand what the Volkswagen Group is doing. TRATON??? I thought the same as you.

Didn't know about Navistar - JAC trucks JV, through MAN TRATON is linked with SINOTRUK. I imagine you are correct that they might spin JAC trucks with TRATON group.

They could potentially get VWCO the Brazilian truck firm to build electric trucks with JAC too.
phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement