Hafei's products in the U.S. thanks to Miles Automotive - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Hafei / Changhe

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
Admin
Chery Driver

Post Street-Legal Chinese Hatchback Now on Sale in U.S.

NEW YORK Miles Automotive has begun distributing a small, battery-powered Chinese hatchback to a few U.S. dealerships in one of the first salvos from this emerging market.

The Miles ZX40, priced from just under $15,000, is modest enough. The car has a top speed of only 25 mph and a range of 40 miles. But the distributor promises bigger and better things coming in 2007, including a new model the XS200 that will have a range of 200 miles, a top speed of 80 mph and a price tag of around $28,500.

The ZX40 started out life years ago as a Japanese minicompact, the Daihatsu Move. It migrated to China, where it is assembled in Tianjin by a subsidiary of auto giant FAW and rebadged as the Xinfu, or Happy Messenger. The electric version is manufactured by another Tianjin-based company, Qingyuan.

Miles Automotive describes the vehicle as "street legal," but the Chinese manufacturer says the target customers are townships, military bases, ports and research institutions.

What this means to you: The ZX40 is not to be confused with ZX Auto, another would-be U.S. distributor of Chinese vehicles made by Zhongxing.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116474
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2006, 06:53 AM   #2
bhtooefr

I could see such a car working in large cities, but beyond that, it's totally impractical.

Of course, the US market won't like it, because it looks even more dated than it actually is. I kinda like the styling, but then again, my favorite cars (hint: not the Civic) are a couple of boxes.
bhtooefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
dragin

Default Hafei's products in the U.S. thanks to Miles Automotive

Miles Automotive showed up at the recent Las Vegas North American Dealer Association meeting with a new model, the Javlon XS500. Just as their earlier ZX40S, was a converted Daihatsu Move made by FAW-Tianjin, this model is a converted Saibao III made by Hafei Auto of Harbin.

This time Qingyuan Electric fitted the Pininfarina-designed sedan with a lithium ion battery pack. The vehicle can do 80mph with a range of 150 miles.
I'm wondering if the yet to be unveiled XM200, will be a converted Hafei Saibao V.

I think Qingyuan Electric is on the right track with these body choices.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hafei Saibao III frontsider.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hafei Saibao III rearsider.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	702  

Last edited by dragin; 12-29-2007 at 09:07 PM.
dragin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #4
Trivia Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragin
I'm wondering if the yet to be unveiled XM200, will be a converted Hafei Saibao V.
Check out their website and try to guess what model it is under that dustcover!

http://www.milesautomotive.com/showroom_xs200.php
Trivia Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
CCF mod

Default Miles Automotive sells electric vehicles, manufactured in China

American company Miles Automotive Group is importing Chinese electric vehicles Tianjin Qingyuan Happy Messenger to the United States. The are also offering off-road version which is not street-legal. Cheapest version costs 15.000 USD.

http://www.milesautomotive.com/showroom.php

Last edited by CCF mod; 07-31-2011 at 02:57 PM.
CCF mod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
AGR

They are all low speed vehicles for institutional applications, not intended for consumer road use.
AGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
yeahsoo

People in catalina island will love this car.
now they have to drive gold cart all year long.
yeahsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #8
CCF mod

It seems Miles Automotive signed a deal with Hafei. Americans presented two new all-electric vehicles.

Miles ZX40ST:

is of course nothing else than Hafei Min yi:

Miles XS500 (which is soon coming to the market) on the other hand:

is Hafei Saibao III equiped with electric engine.

Saibao:

Last edited by CCF mod; 07-31-2011 at 04:00 PM.
CCF mod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
dragin

Thanks for the great photos Martin....

Miles had shown the Hafei Saibo EV (XS500) at SEMA last year but I didn't know that Miles had included this Hafei light truck in their lineup. Was it at this years show?

The Daihatsu Move that Tianqi produced on its Huali line was used by Tianjin Qingyuan for its EV conversions. These were then sold to Miles Automotive as Happy Messengers (ZX40). But Huali production was closed down after FAW took over. Now this little minicar is produced at FAW's Hongta plant down in Yunnan. Logistics-wise that must be a problem for Qingyuan and I'm not sure how they handle that.

AGR, according to Miles advertisements, the Happy Messengers are street legal. But the question is which streets, right? Perhaps its only the ones with a 30mph limit.
It's interesting because Eurasia Motor's (or DR) efforts to get the minicar homologated in Europe apparently failed.

How about that brushguard at front.......it certainly doesn't match the road clearance.

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #10
MarkusRD

The cars they sell are manufactured by FAW and Hafei, am I right ?

Where do they get the consent to place their logos on the cars !? I mean, I think that isn't illegal after all ?
MarkusRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement