Hafei's products in the U.S. thanks to Miles Automotive - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Hafei / Changhe

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
BringIt

car looks nice! how much and when? what kind of warranty?
BringIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #12
CCF mod

Miles ZX40ST is Hafei Min yi:

and Miles XS500 is of course Hafei Saibao III equiped with electric engine:

Last edited by CCF mod; 07-31-2011 at 04:00 PM.
CCF mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:31 PM   #13
rendezvous65

I thought David Shelburg was going to bring the Saibao into the US market. I guess not then. Looks interesting.
rendezvous65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #14
dragin

Shelburg had hoped to bring in the gas engine Hafei models, not the converted models seen here. But Hafei itself never confirmed any agreements with Shelburg.

In an unrelated development, it looks like the recently reported Hafei-Peugeot tie-up may be pre-empted by a purchase of a major stake in Hafei by Dongfeng. That could change any existing export plans completely.

Another possible agent for the import of Hafei into the U.S. is through its affiliate Wanxiang, the auto parts giant with offices in the U.S..

dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #15
CCF mod

Miles XS500:

Miles is also offering Happy Messenger as ZX40:

Last edited by CCF mod; 07-31-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #16
CCF mod

First China-made electric car to hit U.S. next year.

Quote:
May 30, 2008 - The first Chinese-made electric-powered car to hit the U.S. market is on its way. The Miles XS500 is "rather nondescript," according to Forbes, but "What's sexy is inside: Under the hood is an electric motor powered by a 700-pound lithium-ion battery." A California-based startup company called Miles Electric Vehicles is importing the car (from China), believing it "is zippy and affordable enough to shake up the auto biz when 4,000 go on sale in as many as 100 dealerships late next year." If it clears legal hurdles, it will be the first Chinese-made electric car to go on sale in the U.S.

The company "aims to sell 30,000 XS500s in 2010 to two-car families that are willing to ditch one gas-powered car or hybrid for an electric vehicle. Its 120-mile range (on normal terrain) might be enough for commuters." It may cost as much as $35,000, though company officials say it will be so much cheaper to own than a gasoline-powered car that it will make the investment worthwhile.

The car has yet to be tested to see if it conforms to American crash standards. Miles Electric officials plan safety upgrades they hope will make the car compatible with U.S. laws. Greentech, however, says "The company already has received more than 10,000 inquiries about buying the vehicle."

So is a Chinese auto invasion upon the Amercans? Industry analysts have expected to see Chinese cars for sale in the U.S. eventually. The recent 2008 Beijing Auto Show featured its usual assortment of (somewhat amusing) blatant knock-offs of western-made cars. But it also offered displays of some serious vehicles that some observers said could almost compete in western markets, all made by domestic Chinese companies.

But Motor Trend says they won't be here anytime soon. "Perhaps the best way to make sense of China's own-brand automakers is to apply simple math," MT writes. "Last year, they sold just over 1.5 million vehicles in their home market -- a total market share of less than 20 percent, divided among 24 nameplates. Imagine 24 nameplates fighting for the slice of the market GM owns here in the U.S. It just doesn't add up." They conclude: Make no mistake, the Chinese automakers are coming, but maybe not soon.
source: U.S. News
Old 05-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #17
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Default Re: Hafei's products in the U.S. thanks to Miles Automotive

Humm...that remark by Motor Trend doesn't make solid sense. Chinese made cars will enter the U.S. before too long and there are some savvy consumers to be found in the U.S. who would pick a BYD e6 over a Chevy Volt.

Just because there's 24 nameplates doesn't confuse the fact that gas prices are going up and the American domestic car makers are not answering the call for alternative-energy powered cars.

I think the Chinese makers, if aggressive and smart enough, could penetrate the U.S. car market with a bang if they want to badly enough. I eagerly await their arrival.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #18
rmay635703

Default Re: Miles Automotive sells electric vehicles, manufactured in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGR
They are all low speed vehicles for institutional applications, not intended for consumer road use.
Wrong I own one and it works fine and is street legal.

Top speed is 26mph on flat ground, lumbers from 20-26mph but speeds up relatively quickly from 0-20.

One question though, does anyone here actually have contacts in China? This vehicle still has the original 4 speed manual transmission and clutch from the gas engine. It has the shifting stick and clutch pedal disconnected and removed and the transmission is locked into 2nd gear which is what restricts the speed to roughly 25mph.

For speed and power purposes I would like to reinstall the shifter and the clutch pedal and linkage.

Anyone here speak chinese that could ask the manufacturer what all I would need to steel from a daihtsu mini truck to complete my transmission reenable? Any way I could buy the parts here in the US? It looks like I need to do the followign

1. Unlock the transmission
2. Install the linkage to the shifting stick
3. INstall the shifting stick where the drink holder is
4. Install the clutch cable
5. Install the clutch pedal
6. Install the associated bracketry

Thank You for any sources or information
Ryan
rmay635703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #19
tdi

Why don't you contact the daihatsu brand directly?
I am used to work with daihatsu, if you want i can give you the contacts from the Portuguese importer, but i would recomend the dutch importer.
good luck
tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #20
rmay635703

I have not been able to contact Daihatsu directly (no line to china)

I have tried other english speaking branches of theirs and all have said the vehicle was not imported into their market and therefore could not help.

Anyone here have any idea how I would reenable the transmission?

It has a 4 speed from a normal Daihtsu move

If someone can email them for me or PM me with the information it would be appreciated

Thanx
Ryan
rmay635703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement