We want to race in China - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Misc > China Motor Sports

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:47 AM   #11
qinghe

Default Re: We want to race in China

But I do hope we get some responses here Poweraxel because outside of
Zhuhai and Shanghai we don't know of many international caliber tracks in China.
qinghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #12
PowerAXEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by qinghe View Post
But I do hope we get some responses here Poweraxel because outside of
Zhuhai and Shanghai we don't know of many international caliber tracks in China.
Aren't those best ones already?

You can ask more at FRD SPORTS............
PowerAXEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #13
Juntos

Thumbs up Re: We want to race in China

ask more at FRD SPORTS? Wake up mate! Longtime ago FRD ruled China motorsports. Nowadays they are confined to their Ford factory team in CTCC status.

You've good tracks in Chengdu, Zhaoqing and Beijing (acceptable for a Track Day). Anyway I doubt your friends from Korea can bring their road cars to China to have fun on a racing track. Better keep the cars in Korea and do a trip to Taeback or Yeongam near the port city of Mokpo.
Juntos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #14
PowerAXEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
ask more at FRD SPORTS? Wake up mate! Longtime ago FRD ruled China motorsports. Nowadays they are confined to their Ford factory team in CTCC status.

You've good tracks in Chengdu, Zhaoqing and Beijing (acceptable for a Track Day). Anyway I doubt your friends from Korea can bring their road cars to China to have fun on a racing track. Better keep the cars in Korea and do a trip to Taeback or Yeongam near the port city of Mokpo.
Two Korean cars are going to race at FRD event next month at SIC on Aug. 19, 20, 21st.

I am glad you know both world in detail and assume you already went those tracks in Korea.

Korea lacks sponsorship from car maker, and I think its good sign for Korean teams to expand their experince and may get sponsorship to race in China.

Korean actor Ryu, Si-Won may only won Ferrari Challenge recently at Zuhai and Shanghai despite is club car owner event, it is still good sign.

I only went to SIC once last year and going to try practice day next month with FRD Ferrari 360 at SIC.

I don't know who is major in motorsports now, but I am willing to help FRD to bring up their status anyway possible.

I for one may stay in China and open exotic car maintenance shop in Shanghai. Since I don't have Chinese driver license, I may have to hire someone to drive my car in China even though I like to drive myself.

Porsche Panemara should be good 4 door car to own, but I am not sure I can afford in China with price x 3 compare to USA. Korea is about x 1.5.

Porsche 911 GT2 is my favorite for both street and weekend race, but I check the price in China is about $450,000 usd
Old 07-31-2011, 04:32 AM   #15
Juntos

That's very enlightened. FRD Ferrari 360 are a piece of junk left in bad state from the previous seasons that FRD tried unsuccessful to overshadow Hong Kong's GT3 Asia Championship. Look, I know what you were going through and I wish you good luck driving that car. Sure they rent you for less than USD3000 a race like they were charging to their jolly good fellows before.

What kind of cars are those two Korean cars are going to race at FRD event next month at SIC on Aug. 19, 20, 21st? FRD is so serious that seems Ferrari China decided to remove Ferrari Challenge China from FRD event with the bless from SIC management.
Juntos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
PowerAXEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
That's very enlightened. FRD Ferrari 360 are a piece of junk left in bad state from the previous seasons that FRD tried unsuccessful to overshadow Hong Kong's GT3 Asia Championship. Look, I know what you were going through and I wish you good luck driving that car. Sure they rent you for less than USD3000 a race like they were charging to their jolly good fellows before.

What kind of cars are those two Korean cars are going to race at FRD event next month at SIC on Aug. 19, 20, 21st? FRD is so serious that seems Ferrari China decided to remove Ferrari Challenge China from FRD event with the bless from SIC management.
I am getting the rental car for free.

I don't know what got into you with FRD, but company trying to establishing some market share in every motorsports are common. Some may be success and some may not.

For those cars coming to race at FRD? Just come and see.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #17
fast

FRD
fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement