ZX Auto S1 (BQ7151A) - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Zhongxing (ZX Auto)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #1
dmitra
CCF Mod

Default ZX Auto S1 (BQ7151A)

New (coupe?) SUV, probably based on the underpinnings of the defunct GX3. Width and wheelbase are 1760 and 2512 mm, reasonably in close agreement with corresponding dimensions of the GX3 (1761 mm and 2500 mm), although somewhat longer overall at 4223 mm (GX3: 4160 mm). It is powered by a 1499 cc, 80 kW (109 PS) engine. The name of the vehicle is illegible from the small and low-res pictures published on the MIIT site (appears to begin with an "S").

The new SUV will be produced at ZX Auto's new plant in Rizhao, Shandong, that was inaugurated last December and currently builds the Terralord.

http://www.miit.gov.cn/datainfo/viewCar?carId=287744#
dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #2
erik (laofan), cmvdc

Default Re: ZX Auto BQ7151A

This is quite a surprise.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:49 AM   #3
dmitra
CCF Mod

Default ZX Auto S1 "Coupe"

From MIIT's Fuel Consumption Inquiry table, I learned that the BQ7151A is going to be known as "S1" (中兴ĚS1).

On doing a little more investigation, it turns out that ZX Auto is planning to launch a total of 4 passenger vehicles, on two platforms*, among which the S1 will come in two versions: a "sport" version and a "travel" version. The "sport" version is the one pictured above, and since "sport" SUVs are sometimes also called "coupe", I looked again at the rear end of the car and the second word after S1 very much looks like "coupe". I am speculating that the "travel" [used to describe estates] version will very likely be a -- possibly longer -- variant of this body with a more conventional six-window SUV design, somewhat like the RR Evoque.

The other two passenger vehicles in the pipeline are tentatively known an "S3" and "A3". I guess the S3 will be another SUV sitting one or two segments higher. The welding line for the S3 has already been set up in Rizhao (link). I however cannot say what the A3 will be. I doubt they'll do sedans.

*Referred to as 1-series and 3-series Passenger platforms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	51269  
dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2020, 04:19 AM   #4
dmitra
CCF Mod

Default ZX Auto S3 (future SUV)

I have accessed some information on the S3 from an Environmental Impact Report on the Rizhao plant.

The provisional technical parameters are:
Dimensions: 4517 x 1875 x 1510 mm
Wheelbase: 2675 mm
Ground clearance: >=130 mm
Curb weight: <=1600 kg
Engine power: 83 kW/113 PS (fuel verison)
Motor power: 90 kW (electric version)
Torque: 141 Nm (fuel)/280 Nm (electric)
Battery capacity: 57 kWh (electric)
Range: 400 km (electric)
Transmission: 5-speed manual (fuel); single speed (EV)
Suspension: Independent (front)/non-independent (rear)

The S1, referred to in the document as Youth Edition (S1-青春版), has slightly different specs (dimensions, power) as compared to those published by MIIT, but that is expected. The S1 too will have an electric version, powered by the 90 kW motor, and battery capacity will be 48 kWh or more, giving it a range of at least 300 km.

The Rizhao plant has an annual production capacity of 50,000 vehicles (SUV+pickup) of which fuel-driven vehicles are allocated 10,000 and electric vehicles 40,000.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	51271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	51273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	56