track days in Shanghai? - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Misc > China Motor Sports

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
apharmdb

Default track days in Shanghai?

Hi all. I'm considering a position that would relocate me to Shanghai and I would like to continue participating in lapping days. Generally do about 6 - 8 events a year in California and British Columbia. Could someone point me to resources that will hopefully allow me to continue this should I move?

I currently have 2 cars (which would stay here in Canada) a 350Z and a new project in a 85 Corolla GTS. I'd prefer a dedicated track car more like the Corolla since its cheaper to maintain and get parts for, especially tires and pads. What are some similar type cars readily available in China? Thanks in advance.
apharmdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
DTEK

Default Re: track days in Shanghai?

Come to Shanghai. I will hook you up.
Track cars are not hard to come by and there are people who know what they are doing. We'll hook you up right, dyno test and support. No problem.
DTEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
apharmdb

Thanks. Talks are still on so Shanghai may be in my future. What about organized lapping or educational track days? Do you happen to have any resources for this? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
DTEK

There are organized lapping days , 'run what ya brung' races, and depending on who you lap with, it can be very educational.
DTEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
apharmdb

Which tracks in Shanghai run lapping days? Do you happen to have any websites of clubs that organize days? Lastly how much do lapping days cost in Shanghai? Typical cost is around 200 - 300 USD in the US and Canada depending on the track.

I'm also investigating importing my own track car temporarily with restrictions (unable to sell etc.) though I haven't found much.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #6
fireworks

visit march3-msc.com if you want to find opportunities of great fun in Shanghai F1 circuit. Price is very reasonable compare US or Europe
fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
phoenixlipo

If you don't have a bike here in Shanghai, there are bikes available for rent and also a Superbike Training School. Riding equipment such as leathers, helmets, etc... are also available for rent.
phoenixlipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #8
XuperXero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTEK
There are organized lapping days , 'run what ya brung' races, and depending on who you lap with, it can be very educational.
I'm interested in this. Is there more information? Which track, Date, time, entry fee, helmets mandatory?

Ever since I started working and living in China, I kept wanting to go back to my home country to hit lapping days again. I miss it so much and the tuner/racing crowd is pretty small in China.
XuperXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:45 AM   #9
kingpin

wow too far!
kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:50 AM   #10
ariolz

Can someone hook me up too?
ariolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links