China Car Forums banner

Questions about Great Wall cars

98K views 130 replies 52 participants last post by  wongdio13-42 
#1 ·
Hello!
1) It's very interesting to know about QUALITY of Great Wall Motors pickups and SUVs! Especially from chinese people who can use them in their motherland. Do you like them? Do you use them?
2) What is really better Great Wall trucks (SUV) or ZX Auto Admirals?
3) What can you say about RUST protection on these trucks?
4) Do you know any common problems with these trucks (for example: engine, rust, ...)
5) Crash tests!!! Any PHOTOs of crash accidents are highly wellcome!!!

Your information wil be very usefull for all russian owners of Great Wall cars! I'll post it in Russian forums!

If you can tell much information - please tell it!
Any opinions are wellcome. :)

#77 ·
Price comparisons

Good day all, I am in South Africa, and at the moment we only have the double cabs and the "multi wagon" (shine) from GWM, the Hover is supposedly coming within the next 3 months, but no-one is able to give prices yet, no all I need to know is what is the price for the shine and the hover in the US, or anywhere else. I am trying to figure out what the approximate cost of the Hover will be. All help will be greatly appreciated. :D

#80 ·
Any advice before i buy GWM?

Hi people.
I am still a rookie in this forum, but i have some experience already with Chinesese Buses, see the buses forum if you like.
I live in a small island in west africa, I already sold in here many cars new and used. Diahatsu, Ssangyong, Seat, Daewoo.
For a long time i was thinking in importing directly from China cars to here.
Many brands and models passed by my head: ZX, Xinkai, Dadi, Chery, GWM...
Based in many information, direct contact with factories, insiders information, internet and specialy this forum. A special thank to Juan from Costa Rica and Nico. All your helpfull information was very important to me.
I will buy one Hover diesel super Luxury 4x4 for my wife and 2 more models to sell localy. I still dont know what to buy a Wingle a Sing or another Hover.
The only thing i know is that i will buy them diesel, because the petrol costs almost 2 dollars per liter and the disel costs 1,10 usd.
All of you GWM owners you have any advice for me? special request for the factory, some common spare part to order in advance?

Many thanks
vd

#82 ·
Many thanks for your coment Micodelija.

I must say i took in great apreciation your coments and specialy the pics you posted about your g.w.'s.
It would be a problem for me buiyng a car from South Africa, because Cape Verde is not very atached to Africa. Almost all the boats that arrive in here come from Portugal, Canary islands, Roterdam....

Anyway i am buyng them directly from China. I will order one Hover4x4 full extras to my wife as a personal car. And then i will buy some more to sell them in here. I sold over 40 cars in a couple of years in a island with 15.000 persons.
What i meant is it any special part of the cars more fragile that i should pay atention. For example clutch, springcoils, shock absorvers...
And you mico how many great walls have you sold?

#92 ·
vitordavid said:
I have some problems on this cargo cover.
I just bought the first batch of 6 wingles, still in production, but at Great Wall they mention they dont have it. Where can i found one in China?
I also want to find out who is doing that in china, winbo and huadian don't have it. Also i am interted in hard top's for other models of vehicles. Do you maybe know any company which produce that?

#94 ·
GWM Deer question

I have a GWM Deer 2005, the one and half cabin 4X2 model. I need to buy the central steering bar but the dealership doesn't have one. In the past I have bought parts form other brands that are exactly the same as GWM. For example the complete clutch assembly is the same as a Isuzu's NKR truck. I want to know if someone knows from which brand does GWM deer suspension is. Thanks in advance.

Loro.

#95 ·
if dealer don't have any part he must to order it and deliver it to you as final customer, if he order that by DHL it will come for about 3 to 5 days,if he take it by shipp it depends it which country are you from, but all parts are always avalaible

this is also right that some od the compoment fit's to great wall vehicles, for example, oil filter from kia soretno you can put on hover without any problems, safe model have the gearbox from kia sportage, light's for deer you can buy in toyota, also some stuff's in the engine, if you want to try look for toyota hilux models 2001 year

#97 ·
:),It is all right.

:),It is nearly all right. I was in Baoding city where GW,ZX and Xinkai located when i was a undergraduate.
GW is the biggest one as i know they export auto to many countries such as Russian,Ukraine,Cuba,South America and Africa ,etc.

The Hebai carmakers mentioned by you are totally in Baoding city which located to the south of beijing about 146KL distance. It's a middle city with good history and culture background.There are more than ten high schools in this city and sharing a good reputation in north of china.

The brands of car made in Baoding include :GREAT WALL,ZHONGXIN TIANMA,DADI,XINKAI.

I do not know how many cars were exported to Russia,but i am sure that that is our best car made by chinese people totally.

I work for a trade company deal with auto parts of mentioned brand above.:)

firefox said:
2) What is really better Great Wall trucks (SUV) or ZX Auto Admirals?

It's hard to tell but most people would prefer GW to ZX. Frankly speaking, ZX is a brand that not a lot of people know, GW isn't a house-hold name neither but it's getting better and better. My mother has a colleague who owns a GW deer for at least 5 years and he seems to be quite satisfied with this truck today although he had little trust in this brand when he was making his decision to buy it. The only thing that attracted him at the moment was its low price. However, I think GW today is doing a good job and will hopefully grow into a important competitor in the auto market. Personally I hope so.

As to ZhongXing, I don't really know much about it so I can't provide much information.

In fact, most pick-up makers in China are located in Hebei Province like GW, ZX.....I can name quite a few! As they are from the same place, more importantly as they offered at beginning almost the same makes and none of them had a reputable brand, so for a while, I just called them ''Hebei carmakers'' for short.

As one thing in common, all these manufacturers began their business with small capital and with little help from government which differ from such state owned companies as FAW and SAIC. Today, Some of them survived while most of them disppeared after 2 or 3 years's struggle in the business. Amongst all these makers, GW has got the best brand recognition and is without doubt the leader while all the others seem to have little difference to most Chinese. ZX may be better but still NOT as good as GW, that's sure!

XinKai is a very good exemple of those small ''Hebei carmakers'' on which people have little impression. I've just heard about it maybe once so I was quite surprised to learn it was exporting vehicles to Russia while I wasn's surprised at all that the Russian importer stopped the contract because of its poor quality. All these ''Hebei carmakers'' eager to export their cars coz they are trying all possibilities to survive in the competition. On the other hand, only such competition could make a company strong, that's also why I think GW has a big potentiel to succeed.

Nice to meet you Vladimir! I'm very glad to share my opinions of Chinese cars with you. You know I was so so surprised when I happened to see a Chinese car last time when I was in Sheremetyevo.

#98 ·
China Autos

I live in Shanghai, but have followed the markets here. Though I really liked GReat Wall products, I would never buy any for the simple reason that the engines on the old models Sing, SaFe and others are so under powered, yet extremely thirsty and requires repairs constantly.

I have yet to try the Hoover as there are so many better models available.

vitordavid said:
Hi people.
I am still a rookie in this forum, but i have some experience already with Chinesese Buses, see the buses forum if you like.
I live in a small island in west africa, I already sold in here many cars new and used. Diahatsu, Ssangyong, Seat, Daewoo.
For a long time i was thinking in importing directly from China cars to here.
Many brands and models passed by my head: ZX, Xinkai, Dadi, Chery, GWM...
Based in many information, direct contact with factories, insiders information, internet and specialy this forum. A special thank to Juan from Costa Rica and Nico. All your helpfull information was very important to me.
I will buy one Hover diesel super Luxury 4x4 for my wife and 2 more models to sell localy. I still dont know what to buy a Wingle a Sing or another Hover.
The only thing i know is that i will buy them diesel, because the petrol costs almost 2 dollars per liter and the disel costs 1,10 usd.
All of you GWM owners you have any advice for me? special request for the factory, some common spare part to order in advance?

Many thanks
vd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.