North Korea - Page 3 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > General > General Discussion

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:49 AM   #21
erik (laofan), cmvdc

Default Re: North Korea

Some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coche-corea-norte-5.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	28394   Click image for larger version

Name:	22573383683_a50fe37e05_b.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	28402  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 04:41 AM   #22
Gag Halfrunt

I had no idea about the joint venture at the Sungri plant, so thanks for that.

I did see that Huanghai Ruitu on your list, but this is definitely a Maxus with a Pyeonghwa badge on it.
Gag Halfrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:45 AM   #23
erik (laofan), cmvdc

You are right, sorry, I was speaking about the Samchun 0208 and you about the Samchun 1610.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #24
dmitra
CCF Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik (laofan), cmvdc View Post
I have questions about the Ppeokkuggi 2008. I have never seen a Beijing Jeep with this front end. Anybody any idea where it is from? The jeep is also in use in the army, at least it was shown during a military parade.
Hello Erik!

Going by the specifications in the scanned brochure, these match exactly with the Zhanqi hardtop, BJ2024CJB2. Obviously, I am referring to the 5-door version and not the open-top military one.

The parameters taken into consideration are:
Dimensions: 4340 x 1828 x 1870 mm
Wheelbase: 2500 mm
Curb weight: 1600 kg
Gross weight: 2525 kg
Max speed: 115 km/h
Engine: 4G20B (1998 cc)
Power: 75 kW

Apart from the front end (the headlamp and grille grouping), I see two other important sheetmetal differences. The forward-slanting clamshell bonnet lid is unique; this is not present on any of the Chinese Zhanqis (which is wraparound) or the BJ212/BJ2020 (which is a clamshell but more uniform in height, and the surface detailing is different).

Also note the front fender is different from the Zhanqi. The leading edge of the wheel arch swoops down lower than on the Zhanqi, and the side turn indicators (orange) are at a more rearward position near the trailing edge of the wheel arch.

Since I very much doubt Pyeonghwa having a stamping facility, these specific panels are almost certainly made by BAW for this particular export model.

I have used the picture from your site to better demonstrate the above assertions.

Source: chinesecars.net

Last edited by dmitra; 12-07-2015 at 09:18 AM.
dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #25
Gag Halfrunt

I see that the oriiginal BJ2024CJB2 has a Jeep-style front. I would imagine that North Korean buyers wouldn't want a car that reminds them of the "American imperialist" enemy.
Gag Halfrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #26
PGMJ

Guess Pyeonghwa models follow a certain chinese style marketing, with several sub-brands dedicated to different drivers: Ppeokkuggi seems dedicated to off road and light commercial vehicles, Hwiparam to low and middle class sedans and Zunma to luxury cars, for example. Anyway wonder how many of these cars are really sold yearly as DPRK has widespread poverty and only few affortunated people might afford dreaming to have a car.
PGMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:38 AM   #27
dmitra
CCF Mod

Default Pyeonghwa Ppeokkugi 2008 and Ssangma

Picture showing the BAW-made Ppeokkugi 2008 as well as a double-cab pickup (here with a canopy) with the same front clip as the '2008'.
The pickup, Ssangma (쌍마), is a modified BJ2032HKD33.

http://www.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/View...CD=A0002166849

By the way, there is another thread on Pyeonghwa:
https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1939
Old 01-09-2016, 04:56 AM   #28
erik (laofan), cmvdc

But the question is, who is converting or making this model and why is it not for sale in China.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:55 AM   #29
dmitra
CCF Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik (laofan), cmvdc View Post
But the question is, who is converting or making this model and why is it not for sale in China.
BAIC/BAW is, at their fairly new Huanghua plant. See 5th and 6th paragraphs.

http://bjrb.bjd.com.cn/html/2014-04/...ent_169684.htm

As I said earlier, PMC would be unlikely to have a stamping facility; it is little more than an SKD facility with perhaps minimal assembly capabilities, because even CKD facilities require sizable investment. High local-content assembly plants, even full-fledged manufacturing plants of major automakers, usually do not make so many models concurrently as PMC claims to be selling. Only SKD plants are capable of churning out numerous models at the same time because the work on each car is not very intensive - mainly limited to fitting wheels, batteries, glass, wipers and such. (refer Avtotor in Russia or Azia Avto in Kazakhstan)

BAIC's Huanghua plant is a complete unit with a press shop; the altered panels are very likely stamped there itself although they would need to invest in 3-4 new dies.

As for why it is not sold in China, who knows? Perhaps because it is a special export model. There have been such instances in automotive history. The Toyota Zelas is not sold in Japan. India did not get the Nissan Pixo by Suzuki despite local production.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:49 AM   #30
dmitra
CCF Mod

Video (with Ppeokkugi 2008 and Ssangma). Also note Ppeokkugi 2417 (Leopaard Q6):

Last edited by dmitra; 01-22-2016 at 09:25 AM. Reason: corrected for factual error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement