Roewe 350 - Page 4 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #31
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Default Re: Roewe 350

jmsteiny-related to your comment is this thought of mine. My latest "want it now" car is the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in Platinum Silver Metallic paint. I want the 6-speed GTS that has a sunroof, 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, foglights, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearknob. I test-drove one in Henderson, NV, at a dealership about 5 miles from the Las Vegas strip. The one I drove was an automatic in Pearl Black.

The car drives like a dream! It's steering is taut though forgiving through the turns. It takes the bumps and has a way of flattening them out for you. The knobs are pretty intuitive on the console and steering wheel. Noise is pretty easy on the ears inside, too. I loved the car. They didn't have a Platinum Silver Metallic one with the 6-speed in stock there.

They had a 6-speed GTS in Vivid Red, but were not budging in their negotiations enough for me, so I walked. But I can't seem to drive the car out of my mind now!

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Front 3/4 view

2010 Suzuki Kizashi Rear View

Have to get the Mrs. on board, first.

Yeah, right.

She doesn't share my love of cars. Not even close.

Last edited by Rally Red Lancer GTS; 03-21-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Rally Red Lancer GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #32
Windy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsteiny
It's nice to see that Roewe is offering a auto tranny to consumers in a more basic configuration
The top of the range will have a duel clutch DSG tranny along with turbo engine so this auto is considered mid range.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #33
CCF mod

China's SAIC to build Roewe 350 sedan in UK

Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. plans to build and sell a right-hand drive version of its newly unveiled Roewe 350 hatchback in England, said Chen Zhixing, executive vice president of SAIC.

Chen, who is also head of SAIC's own brand vehicles, made the remarks at the ceremony held last week in the east China city of Nanjing marking the new car's roll-off from the production line.

The new car, which rolled off the production line at SAIC's Pukou plant in Nanjing, has a wheelbase of 2,650mm. It is 4,520mm long, 1,780mm wide and 1,500 high. It carries a 1.5-liter gasoline engine and a five-speed automated mechanical transmission.

Pricing information of the Roewe 350 remains unknown. Chen didn't provide a timeframe for the car's production in England.

At present, SAIC has a plant as well as an r&d team in Longbridge in England.

SAIC sold some 90,000 units of its own brand cars in China in 2009, including both the Roewe- and MG-branded models. The company, a General Motors Co. and Volkswagen AG partner in China, expects to double the sales of its own brand cars this year.

In January, SAIC said it plans to sell UK-made MG cars in Europe at the end of the year. Assembly of MG-series models, including the MG 6, would begin at its Longbridge plant in England late this year, SAIC Chairman Hu Maoyuan told Reuters on the sidelines of Shanghai's annual People's Political Consultative Conference.

Hu said MG models would not only be sold in Britain but also in other European countries through the existing MG sales network.

SAIC became the owner of MG Rover's 10,000-unit Longbridge plant in Birmingham, central England in 2007, after a merger with its much smaller peer, Nanjing Automobile Group. Nanjing had aquired MG Rover in 2005 after Britain's last remaining domestic volume carmaker collapsed through financial difficulties.

SAIC launched its first self-developed car, the Roewe 750, based on technologies acquired from MG Rover, in March of that year, followed by the Roewe 550 and MG 6 models, popular with young, elite professionals in China.

One option for SAIC is to make complete knocked down (CKD) kits for the models in China and have them assembled in the UK-plant, Hu said in January.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...100329958/1193
CCF mod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #37
daewoo-chevrolet

Roewe 350

Old 04-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #38
daewoo-chevrolet

Should I buy one?
In the Chinese market this is a good car, if not class-leading one. In Europe that's unlikely to be enough, but it's worth remembering, though, that there will be significant changes before it goes on sale as an MG - and that's why we're reserving final judgement.

Complete road impression: http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...50-1.5/248880/

Old 04-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #39
Rally Red Lancer GTS

The car looks impressive to me. Chinese cars are moving along faster than the Koreans and also faster than the cars I love the most now, those would be the Japanese cars.

Here's my fave automaker list:

1) Mitsubishi
2) Suzuki
3) Kia