China Car Forums banner

Zhongxing MAX Terralord, Weishi 1949 & 1986 pickup

46K views 65 replies 9 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#19 · (Edited)
Does anyone know the status of the GAC-Zhongxing joint venture? Website info is scarce and the following website is the only other recent news I could find;
http://photo.bitauto.com/master/33/
After launching the GX3 it seems to have faded away. GAC apparently is using the Yichang plant site of the tie-up for its own production, according to gasgoo.com.
Above we see the updated Terralord, but what about the Wuxian SUV?
We have not seen an update for it, or for any of the other Zhongxing SUVs.
Production numbers are way down, and so given the current market downturn, I wonder if this Baoding light truck maker can survive.

#20 · (Edited)
I had referred to an article in my post of 06-07-2017 which mentioned the plant's renovation being undertaken by GAC.

In January of 2018, GAC formally announced the "technical transformation" project for the plant. Capacity is being increased to 200,000 units p.a. and it should be ready to restart operations by June 2019. It is now known as Guangzhou Automobile Group Passenger Vehicle Co., Ltd. Yichang Branch (profile).

Production of all SUVs (Landmark/Grand Tiger SUV, C3, GX3) ceased in August 2016. Some of the final C3/GX3s may have been assembled in Baoding instead of Yichang. An electric version of the GX3 was shown a few months later but that was it. Even NDRC has revoked type-approvals for every ZX Auto SUV.

This year, up to September, about 23,000-25,000 pickups have been produced and delivered. This would include exports too.