China Car Forums banner

SAIC Intro info..

21K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dragin 
#1 ·
SAIC is one of the "Big Three" Chinese automakers.SAIC partnered with General Motors to form Shanghai GM, SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile, and the Pan-Asia Technical Automotive Center. SAIC also partnered with Volkswagen Group in the formation of Volkswagen Group China
SAIC owns 20% stake of Chery, another Chinese automaker and in late 2004 took a 49% stake of SsangYong Motor Company

#3 ·
SAIC Now China's Largest Car Firm

SAIC has completed a pounds 1.2 billiorestructuring that has turned it into China's largest domesticallylisted carmaker.

Under a plaunveiled in July, Shanghai Automotive Industries Corporatio-the company makes new versions of the Rover 75 - transferred key operations to its Shanghai Automotive subsidiary iexchange for about pounds 547 million-worth of new shares ithe unit, securing a fund-raising channel to aid the group's global expansion.

Shanghai Auto now has a market value of about pounds 1.53 billion, based on Tuesday's closing share price, making it one of the 20 most heavily capitalised companies othe Chinese stock markets.

The restructuring significantly increases Shanghai Auto's net asset value and profits, the company said. Assets injected include stakes iventures with General Motors and VW.

#5 ·
hhgttg69 said:
hi there

i'm a newby , so bear with me , anyone on this forum live in china?

i ask as i am chasing chinese car literature

specifically Buick Royaum / Buick Royaum Luxury Sport

can anyone help , eBay has nothing!:)
welcome to chinacarforums,

Erik may be able to help you in this area

#7 ·
You are right Rise, SAIC did sell its 20% stake in Chery.
It bought the stake in 2001, but when the GM-Chery issue arose over the legal rights to the QQ design, it realized there was a conflict of interest. Favoring its GM partner, it sold its stake in 2003.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.