China Car Forums banner

Shanghai Englon SC5-RV

49K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  dmitra 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Geely GC5

Wow, nice pics! At first glance it resembles the Honda City (old one, not the current model) somewhat, but still maintaining a original look. It also reminds me of the Ford Focus a bit.........overall a very nice looking car. Geely also appears to be upgrading it's interior designs across the board - anyone have any idea what this car will cost? It's fairly small, so I would say no more than 70,000 rmb - and more than likely in the 50-60,000rmb price range. That would make this car a great bargain.........looking forward to seeing more pics of it from the Shanghai auto show!!:thumb:

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Re: Geely GC5 and GC5-RV

Wow, wow, wow - what a beautiful hatchback. However, I'm a bit confused - this looks A LOT like the Geely CE............IS this the CE with a new name, or is this a new car all together?? Usually I know my cars pretty well, but Geely is changing SO MUCH I don't what the hell is going on now!! I suppose this could be a little bigger version of the CE, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. Check out the comparison.......

So.............what do you people think?

Attachments

#11 ·
New pics............

OK people, I was at the Nanning international auto show yesterday - it's not a "big" show (like Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou) but it IS getting bigger......and better. Lots of cars there - the Nanning debut of the BYD Previa (ooops, I mean M6) and the G3, the Emgrand GC7/GC7-RV (quite a nice car with HUGE rear seat room - but strangely no auto trans offered yet), the Xiali V5 (VERY cute car, and has a AMT option), the Riich X1 (love the size and shape, hate that is has the same exact front interior setup as the M1 - way too "cutesy" for the X1) and I even saw the Geely TX4 (the London taxi - VERY cool, I would love to have one for the "cool" factor). However, the car that I flipped over was the Geely GC5-RV. I've loved this car the first moment I saw the pics last year (known then as the Geely CE), and to see it live and in living color was the highlight of the show for me. I took a few pics (please excuse the quality, it's just my phone camera) and got a few interior shots too. Overall impressions - it's bigger than I thought it would be, and it's definitely not going to be marketed as a sub-compact. It's similar in size to the King Kong 5 door, and I think it's got a 1.5l engine in it (the model name right now is the GC-515 RV). I like it in the charcoal gray better (as in the previous pics) than I do in yellow (the color I saw it in at the show), but still a beautiful car either way. The interior is a BIG departure from previous Geely interiors - the pics I took aren't great but should give you some idea of what it's like. I also saw the GC-5 4 door version (in white just like in previous pics here), but I just took pics of the 5 door version. Anyway, I CAN'T WAIT to see this car go on sale - it represents a new design era for Geely and it really is a wonderful car to see in person. Enjoy the pics!:thumb:

Attachments

#13 ·

Thanks daewoo! One of the big reasons I like my phone so much (Nokia 5800 Xpress music) is that it has a pretty good camera (3.1 megapixels with a Carl Zeiss lens). I thought about taking more pics, but in all reality all of the other new cars have already been plastered here on the forums - and I know no one had posted pics of the interior of the GC5-RV yet because I've wanted to see the interior too! Wow.........this might be my first "scoop" here on the forum....cool! :D

#15 ·

Ooh, I like the interior, too. Even the steering wheel looks cool. Nice, car, I see why you're so excited about it. Looks very well done and I can imagine myself driving a rig in the U.S. like this. Looks better than the new Ford Fiesta coming to the States, for instance. Good for you jmsteiny, as usual great reporting from you.

BTW-the hood, grille, headlight ensemble remind me of the Nissan Versa or Murano. They blend together similarly in that region of the cars.

#17 ·

Dark blue is a good color for this car.........better than the yellow one I saw at the Nanning show (although the charcoal gray pics earlier in the post is still my favorite). I also noticed no two color seats in this dark blue model.......I think I like the two color seats better. I am virtually convinced this will be the successor for the King Kong - it carries the "eagle" badge (Geely's domestic focus sub-brand), and I can't see Geely selling this and the King Kong side by side - it makes no sense. Engine size and overall dimensions are similar, and the King Kong (both the 4 and 5 door) looks outdated and old compared to the newest Geely designs. I can see this car (the GC5) selling in the 50,000-70,000 rmb price range, which would nicely fill the space between the Panda and the Vision...........we don't really need the CK (woefully outdated) or the King Kong anymore. Geely now has 3 sub-brands to deal with, along with the Volvo deal - "cutting the fat" and streamlining/updating it's model lineup is essential to preparing itself properly if it wants to be a world player. :nod:

#18 · (Edited)

Geely will launch the Englon SC5-RV in November, to start with the 1.5 liter engine. The Gleagle GC5/Englon SC5/Englon SX5-series is designed by Giugiaro (ItalDesign).

Engines: 1.3 16V / 1.5 16V
Maximum power: 68 kW/92 hp / 82.5 kW/112 hp
Maximum torque: 120 Nm / 138 Nm
Transmission: 5-speed manual or CVT
Length × width × height: 3919 × 1745 × 1505 mm
Wheelbase: 2461 mm

Source: http://auto.sina.com.cn/car/2010-10-22/1727666756.shtml

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.