China Car Forums banner

Hengtian Auto - Sinomach (CHTC)

33K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  dmitra 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Hengtian auto

loks good! i do hope that it really delivers and that it has the durability that we could rely on. pick up trucks are suppose to endure heavy usage so this is something that we are expecting from this model. i hope that they also made it more affordable as compared to higher end pick up trucks so that it will be easier on the pocket especially for those who are not really well off.

#15 · (Edited)
Hengtian H5 (?) production base

@cuisine, nothing to do with Taiwan. The "Taiwan" part is a mistranslation by Google Translate.

The new plant is in Ya'an, Sichuan, whose civil construction was recently completed and machinery installation is ongoing (found conflicting reports, so had to edit this sentence).

http://news.beiww.com/2015/1119/article_196368.html

The part where the "Taiwan" (shi wan tai 十万台) bit appears actually talks about the plant's 100,000-unit capacity.

#20 ·
Hengtian Auto - Sinomach

Some late news from Hengtian:

Senior members of the board of Sinomach visited the new plant of China Hengtian Auto Group (Ya'an) Automotive Co., Ltd. in March to supervise progress at the site (link).

The entire CHTC (China Hi-Tech) Group became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinomach last June. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, Sinomach owns YTO Group Corporation, is working on electric cars, and also helped CHTC acquire a stake in truckmaker CAMC last year. This is in addition to the numerous commercial (bus, truck, special-purpose) vehicle enterprises already owned by CHTC Group itself.

Also in March, Hengtian Auto announced Phase II expansion of the Ya'an project and published details of the project to invite suppliers/contractors. It is described as a "reorganization of the Tianma Group's automotive business" (CHTC acquired Tianma Auto assets in 2012 and Baoding Dadi in 2011), so it is possible Tianma's license will be utilized in this case.

Off-Road Plant Phase I, Caoba Town, Yucheng District, Ya'an, Sichuan:

Google Maps

#21 ·
Hengtian H2/H5

New spy shots of Hengtian's long-awaited SUV. Although pace of activities has picked up after Sinomach took over, the delays in approval may be related to the govt.'s distaste for large-displacement, fossil-fuel powered vehicles being unleashed on the market for open purchase (perhaps also a reason for delays in the case of the BAIC BJ90 or Hongqi LS5?).

It is said that the new SUV will be powered by 3.0 L or 4.0 L engines, and there is speculation on a V8 as well.

As seen below, the model name could be H2. A stock exchange filing by Hengli Industrial Development Group Co., Ltd., a company which supplies automotive air-conditioning systems, refers to a Hengtian product as "H2".

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Font Number Document Screenshot

#23 · (Edited)
At the risk of ridicule, I might go out on a limb and say that other than general size and shape and a little bit around the D-pillar and the rear lamps, it is not a copy of the pre-facelift Land Cruiser J200, because the allegation would not hold up to scrutiny. I don't think any of the body panels are interchangeable (going by details and features only, not exact sizes because we don't have them).

I know I am playing the devil's advocate here :D

#26 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.